Viking Tyres launched in Malaysia

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
China tyres are gaining more popularity in Malaysia.
Nowadays even RM 5 different for 1pc of tyres is considered significant enough for a customer to opt for the cheaper brand.

Last time,those unknown brand only shod the rims of old cars like proton saga,wira.Then they progress to Vios, Waja. Now they are shodding the rims of Camry and even BMW.
Yup, agree with you. Past month met up with a few tyre shop bosses, they also mentioned cheap tyres are the way to go at the moment due to the present economy. China and Indonesian tyres are their top sales now. Just saw a Lexus on Landsail tyres too.....:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I know maddriver uses Landsail on his c-class only because it allows him to muck around and slide everywhere without worrying about cost of changing tyres. If you drive like him then probably going for cheap China tyres are ok but if you're carrying family and don't have advanced driving / racing driving experience, I don't think gripless scaryass China tyres are a good idea! People like me would stick to the Assymetrics and Pilot sports, I'm a noob driver!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I know maddriver uses Landsail on his c-class only because it allows him to muck around and slide everywhere without worrying about cost of changing tyres. If you drive like him then probably going for cheap China tyres are ok but if you're carrying family and don't have advanced driving / racing driving experience, I don't think gripless scaryass China tyres are a good idea! People like me would stick to the Assymetrics and Pilot sports, I'm a noob driver!
I have been testing many types of tyres. When driving on those slippery tyres, got to slow down loh.....hhahahhah
For you never never try the Blue Streak Stiletto......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Woww, so "cute"..
how is your Viking's performance?? many say this eco tyre is less lasting compared to other "high class"
tyre..
i dunno i want to buy this or not, hard to decide.
Thanks, hahaha.

Performance wise I'm not too certain on how good it is compared to other tyres since I've only tried this and Good Year Duraplus before. But this one definitely is better than Duraplus because Duraplus's thread seems to be wearing off faster than this Viking City Tech. But generally I think Viking tyres are good tyres. No problems with them and they seemed to maintain air pressure better than Duraplus.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm also just a noob driver so need good tires. Problem is most drivers are way more noob than people like you & me and yet they use shit tires!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks, hahaha.

Performance wise I'm not too certain on how good it is compared to other tyres since I've only tried this and Good Year Duraplus before. But this one definitely is better than Duraplus because Duraplus's thread seems to be wearing off faster than this Viking City Tech. But generally I think Viking tyres are good tyres. No problems with them and they seemed to maintain air pressure better than Duraplus.
One thing positive I hear about Viking tyres and this is from tyre shop owners, is they are easy to balance......lol

I'm also just a noob driver so need good tires. Problem is most drivers are way more noob than people like you & me and yet they use shit tires!
Especially those who fit nice expensive bling bling rims.......hhahahhahah

Mar 30, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wow! Viking sales must be pretty bad to end up pushing so hard in the forum......lol
i'm doing a research about viking just now,,, hurmm i found that viking is the economy tyre,, so, it is good for our cars? coz as i know the better tyre and the best tyre is to use a expensive and the high branded tyre,,,, am i right?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm doing a research about viking just now,,, hurmm i found that viking is the economy tyre,, so, it is good for our cars? coz as i know the better tyre and the best tyre is to use a expensive and the high branded tyre,,,, am i right?
Can use but doesn't mean good. The best tires are almost always on the expensive side or at least mid-high level price range, not aware of any in low price range. And yes, they're those popular brands which have been in the tire industry for decades like Michelin, Goodyear, Continental, Pirelli, Dunlop, Bridgestone & the likes.

Sep 13, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Viking?????????
haven't heard of this brand before, sounds tough haha.
However I don't feel like want to try these, too risky, looks cool though

Thumbs up for the nice drawing!!!!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Match the rubber with your driving styles. Drive accordingly.
Like uncleVR mention nice bling rims but cheapo tyre wont keep you safe.
15 inch is the best of both world, but not much choices as those on 16,17,18+++ tires :smokin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In a way economy or as we call it, entry level to mid since they have 2 models.
The expensive ones are normally the high performance range of tyres

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Viking?????????

Apparently they have been in the tyre industry for a very long time in Europe but not here. Started in Norway, hence the name Viking, I guess, hahaha. Some info about this brand here.

https://www.viking-tyres.com/car/the-brand

I think for ordinary driving, these tyres are okay.

Thank you for your compliment. I even painted the tyre lettering as well.

Sep 14, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Isn't the drawing is gonna wear off easily, not sure about this but I think is not feasible to draw it there, haha.

Never tried Viking tyre before but maybe will give it a try next tyre change

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Isn't the drawing is gonna wear off easily, not sure about this but I think is not feasible to draw it there, haha.

Never tried Viking tyre before but maybe will give it a try next tyre change
I drawn mine since more than a year ago and the lettering are still there. I buy a marker at around RM8 and I draw it myself. If I see any small signs of fading, I just do some touch up again with the marker. Definitely cheaper than buying those 3D lettering sticker kit.

Apr 9, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Viking?????????

LOL why so mean doh hahahaha....
viking for is one of the best economy tyre ever!! if u never heard about it, u can just simply
google it and u will know where did its come from.... dude, its under continental bro!! a huge brand tyre in malaysia... there's quite a lot of their own workshop in malaysia... u should try it coz even its an economy tyre, the quality and price are really acceptable and its also great in performance...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here's a pic of the map to TiTAN's shop.

but here's a instruction list anyways.

you're on the MRR2 and coming from Jalan Ampang/ Ampang Point / Zoo towards Cheras..

go straight, about 2km after Ampang Point, there should be a turn-off on the left,
Pandan Indah on the flyover bridge.

you should be able to see this 3 white condo's

DONT TAKE THAT TURNOFF!!
(actually can la, but kinda jam..)

take the 2nd Pandan Indah turn off. (right after/next to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience