Peugeot 405 gri engine problem

aces_high

Oct 24, 2009
Nakon-rachasima
Yesterday, my engine lost 2 cylinders,I measured the compression test for each cylinder.
The guage showns

cylinder 1 (clost to the gearbox) : 175 psi
cylinder 2 : 100 psi
cylinder 3 : 0 psi
cylinder 4 :165 psi

And I saw oil smoke went up in the oil measure stick pipe

What happened ?
Gasket or piston oil seal ring or anything else ?

Thank you very much

dellorto

Jun 17, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi aces_high , I guess the gasket , piston rings & liners r badly damaged . Rare 2 come by but possible . Need 2 perform a top overhaul as remedy . BTW , is urs the XU9J2 version ???

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The absence of compression is not just failure of gasket or piston rings. I suspect it is more than that. I hope TS could find out the root of the prob.

I know a case last time that the compression test showed very low compression.....and it was due to a serious case of piston rings "makan".

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The absence of compression is not just failure of gasket or piston rings. I suspect it is more than that. I hope TS could find out the root of the prob.

I know a case last time that the compression test showed very low compression.....and it was due to a serious case of piston rings "makan".
Piston rings makan will still have some compression, if 0 can mean piston gone.....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I am looking for adjustable service center for my RG monotube. Anyone knows any? Many thanks.

:adore::adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience