Peugeot 405 gri engine problem

aces_high

Oct 24, 2009
Nakon-rachasima
Yesterday, my engine lost 2 cylinders,I measured the compression test for each cylinder.
The guage showns

cylinder 1 (clost to the gearbox) : 175 psi
cylinder 2 : 100 psi
cylinder 3 : 0 psi
cylinder 4 :165 psi

And I saw oil smoke went up in the oil measure stick pipe

What happened ?
Gasket or piston oil seal ring or anything else ?

Thank you very much

dellorto

Jun 17, 2013
Hi aces_high , I guess the gasket , piston rings & liners r badly damaged . Rare 2 come by but possible . Need 2 perform a top overhaul as remedy . BTW , is urs the XU9J2 version ???

The absence of compression is not just failure of gasket or piston rings. I suspect it is more than that. I hope TS could find out the root of the prob.

I know a case last time that the compression test showed very low compression.....and it was due to a serious case of piston rings "makan".

The absence of compression is not just failure of gasket or piston rings. I suspect it is more than that. I hope TS could find out the root of the prob.

I know a case last time that the compression test showed very low compression.....and it was due to a serious case of piston rings "makan".
Piston rings makan will still have some compression, if 0 can mean piston gone.....:smokin:

Hi there,

I am looking for adjustable service center for my RG monotube. Anyone knows any? Many thanks.

:adore::adore::adore: