Installing Power Steering to Proton Iswara

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Hi all,

Has anyone install power steering to a proton iswara before?

That means convert a non-power steering to power steering.

What is the cost like and what need to be change / install?

Thanks,

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
asking on behalf of a friend mah. dont want to answer then go and play far far

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
RM 900 in my area ..... get it done for u ..... one week warranty ...... using original iswara pump ... but second hand item .....

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap... prices are around rm700~rm900.... usually above rm800, they include installation...

i'm using one as well... but not sure which power steering i'm using la... hehe...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
RM900 is the cheapest ... i heard ppl saying that the price for iswara power steering is around 1k n above .... if u can find 800 is the wira pump modified to fit into iswara ... i heard la .... i dunno ..... just my price here is 900

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
edwin_lcw said:
RM900 is the cheapest ... i heard ppl saying that the price for iswara power steering is around 1k n above .... if u can find 800 is the wira pump modified to fit into iswara ... i heard la .... i dunno ..... just my price here is 900
yeah, shud be at that cost. the pump can be either saga's, iswara's, wira's or even lancer's but the steering rack must be of the exact similar model to suit the fitting.

other than pump and steering rack, it will come with pwr strg fluid tank, oil cooler pipe and input as well as output pipes. that's why it is quite costly.

main reason why Saga LMST sells like hot cake is becoz it comes with PAS as an option.

other previous Saga/Iswaras with standard PAS were the 1.5I (Istimewa) specs including the CARES EFI version.

2 things to take note before installing is
1. insist on warrranty of at least a week, better if can get a month.
2. after get warranty, then check daily for signs of leak. when driving and making a turn, make sure the steering turns back to centre automatically. is the steering hesitate to centre itself, sumthing is not rite.

to spend about 1K on a 12-15K Iswara is not very wise when u plan to change to newer car very soon. used car dealers dont bother much whether ur car comes with PAS or not and they wont increase their offer of trade in value.
it will work with private buyers though; but 10 years old car do not attract much attention.
if u plan to keep the car for another 2-3 years (or forever), then i strongly advise u to do so.

* PAS = power assisted steering
CARES = Clean Air Regulated Emission System

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
edwin,

Thanks. I will tell my friend this and get back to you if he is interested in doing so.

zan,

Thank you so much for your wise advise.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i didn`t not advise u ..... zan did ...... i was just trying my best to help ppl so they don`t get cheated by some fakesters .... haha

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
we help each other lah. i know everybody here appreciates one another.

but to drive a saga/iswara with PAS does give you a new feeling. like driving a completely different car with different handling characteristics...

dont forget to change to bigger tyres too to improve ride control.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
my dad just installed a power steering in his iswara. Total cost rm1100. The rack is rebuilded, very shiny and wraped up nicely when we got it. The pump is recond, don't know from which car, but look good.

rm1100 includes all labour and other parts, and a one month warranty, although the foreman say the warranty is just there for fun, cuz he know it won't breakdown anyway.

already a few weeks, everything is just fine, beside 1st gear felt like not as much power to launch off the line anymore.

ealt

2,000 RPM
Dec 16, 2003
My workshop friend can instal it by using satria PAS.Need to modified.Got 1 set left,price complete installation is RM450...if you really want it,i can show you the shop.Shop at Bukit Naga,shah alam..cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

does anyone here recommend TRD Suspension Kit...this would be for a MyVi...the kit is being retailed for RM2500...was considering between this, Titan (RM2000) and GAB...please advise and give your personal reviews...

i have used Titan before on my kelisa and loved them...but it was rather hard...sacrificing comfort quite a bit...the goal im hoping to get is to have improved handling with reasonable comfort since the MyVi is not really meant for cornering...just want to improve...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience