2017 Honda BR-V is here - Impressive 7-pax X-over from RM85k!

Amirul

Resident Journalist

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

The BR-V has been a hot topic in the auto industry since the preview some 2 months ago. The Honda BR-V is said to have dynamic look of an SUV with but with capacity of an MPV. Honda Malaysia has officially launched the exciting new BR-V in KL today and has categorized the Mobilio-based vehicle as a crossover, although it looks just like a raised MPV.

With 2 variants offered, the base BR-V is priced at an attractive RM85,800.

Honda BR-V 1.5 i-VTEC

Engine:
1.5-litre 4-cylinder, SOHC i-VTEC
Power: 120hp at 6,600rpm
Torque: 145Nm at 4,600rpm
Zerotohundred: n/a
Transmission: Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)
Dimensions: 4,453mm (L), 1,735mm (W), 1,666mm (H)
Weight from: 1,231kg
Price: 1.5 E: RM85,800; 1.5 V: RM92,800

Exterior

The BR-V boasts a rugged and active appearance with bold creases and lines. But that is not all, at 201mm, the BR-V also has the highest ground clearance within Honda Malaysia's lineup. Yup, even higher than the CR-V. Honda further tuned the suspension of the BR-V to cope with the increased ride height.

The BR-V wears a familiar front fascia, with redesigned Solid Wing Face grille, flanked by projector headlights with DRLs and fog lights. There’s also 16-inch Dual Tone alloy wheels on top of a pair of roof rails, giving it a true crossover appearance.

Meanwhile, new tail lights held by slim red reflectors give the crossover a sense of a wide stance. In addition, faux skid plates at both the front and back of the BR-V further highlight its ruggedness and capability.

The BR-V is available in Taffeta White, Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Dark Ruby Red Pearl and a new Golden Brown Metallic.

Interior

Same story on the inside, the interior construction is based on an active theme and this time, premium essences. The BR-V gets a familiar-but-nice-and-sporty 3-spoke steering wheel with multi-function buttons at 9 o’clock. The air-con vents are half-surrounded by glossy aluminium-like strips.

E and V variants are equipped with marginally different kits. The E variant will get you mechanical power steering, Shiny Dark Metallic instrument panel, manual air-con, fabric upholstery and urethane steering and gear knob. The range-topping V on the other hand will be equipped with electric power steering, Water Print Matt instrument panel, auto air-con, leather upholstery, steering and gear knob.

The 7 seats of the BR-V are designed to provide excellent versatility, with 60:40 split-folding (One Touch Tilt & Tumble) for the second row and 50:50 split-folding for the third row, resulting in a 539-litre of total boot space. All seats get 3-point seatbelts.

Infotainment is served by a 6.1-inch display audio (V variant only, E gets standard audio), Bluetooth, USB ports, auxiliary jack, hands-free phone connectivity and 4 speakers.

Engine

Propelling the BR-V is a 1.5-litre SOHC i-VTEC engine, capable of making 120hp at 6,600rpm and 145Nm of torque at 4,600rpm. The power is sent to the front wheels via an ‘Earth Dreams’ CVT gearbox.

Safety

In the safety department, the BR-V comes with features like dual front SRS airbags, second row seat ISOFIX mounts, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), ABS, EBD and Hill Start Assist (HSA). However, the rearview camera is exclusive to the V variant. Well-equipped with the aforementioned features, the BR-V scores a 5-star ASEAN NCAP safety rating.

The Honda BR-V is also offered in 3 versatile accessories package to further enhance the exclusivity and practicality of the car, as listed below:

1. Utility Package (RM1,280) – door visor, cargo tray, trunk organisers, sun shade and door protector film.
  2. Urban Package (RM2,945) – tailgate spoiler, running board and side step garnish
  3. Modulo Package (RM3,750) – front and rear lower garnish, side under and tailgate spoiler

Honda Malaysia offers 5-year warranty with unlimited mileage at 10,000km service intervals at any of 88 Honda dealers nationwide. For more, visit any Honda dealer or call 1-800-88-2020 or log on to www.honda.com.my

Attachments

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
They should have made the HRV a 7 seater with the 1.8 engine and BRV a 5 seater.......lol

loose_end

3,000 RPM

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
HRV hardly can seat 3 adults behind.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
This vs the Sienta. SUV vs MPV. The man of the house probably choose this cause it's more manly lol. The mom might choose this due to perceived ruggedness and thus "safer".

If I was choosing a people mover, definitely the Sienta. Sliding doors > all.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just saying that the 7 seater should have bigger power plant than the 5 seater......lol:rofl:
Maybe they looked at the competing 7 seater cars, they found out that most don't bother too much on power. Ertiga, Exora, Alza, Avanza, Sienta, Eastar and all these are equipped with engines under 1.6 litre.... Only the Livina is available in 1.8 but that doesn't seemed to be selling as well as the 1.6 litre Livina.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why they are the cheapest, but actually can be cheaper but under control for P1 sake.....lol

rion

500 RPM

rion

500 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
Hartamas
prosupplement.blogspot.com
Still using SOHC for their engines. It's going to struggle going up hills. I have a family of six. I don't think it's going to be that responsive when I put my foot on the gas padel.
Have to go give it a test drive XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Still using SOHC for their engines. It's going to struggle going up hills. I have a family of six. I don't think it's going to be that responsive when I put my foot on the gas padel.
Have to go give it a test drive XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda seems to be the only one that still uses SOHC design in their new engines... Previous Civic FB 2.0 is also using SOHC....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Chery eastar, nice. Ride on my fren vehicle before. Mitsubishi engine, if not mistaken.
More a bit like grandis.
No more dy, now on their own Acteco engine which is 2.0L, Mitsu one was earlier batch on 2.4L

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

normally, people say not to run the engine hard for the 1st 1500km, no uphill and high speed highways etc..basically be gentle with the engine

however, this article says otherwise

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

basically, he recommends us to run the engine hard so the piston ring may seal properly. im started to agree with him and planning to do it after full overhaul soon...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience