Your thought on the new Kia Rio?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
In this country, I think the Koreans are for the bold and rich. Namely cause aftersales service won’t be as widespread as its peers in the same price category. Rich, because you’ll suffer on resale value, and the parts will cost more than it’s peers, so that depends on how long you’re gonna keep the car. If you’ll get rid of it before warranty runs out, great.

At 80K no reason to consider this car. Honda Jazz/City is a better choice. Or you want more car for your money, the Proton Preve/Suprima.

I don’t hate Koreans by the way, I think the Kia Sorento 2.2D is amazing value, more so than the CR-V and CX5. The Kia Optima GT and amazing car — but I’ll wait for the 2018 Honda Accord m.

Sidchan

Oct 2, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
I think Kia Rio will be great car in his class. Asked my brothers about it and he recommended it

Last edited:

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
You got me at at aftersales service.

But what makes me reconsider Rio is due to the extra functionality that i got especially the sunroof which is a very lucrative benefits compared to Jazz/City or even Mazda 2 (in the same category) doesn't offer that as well.

I know the feedback on the engine wise is also not that fancy but hey, they're improving a lot in each department, yes?

Again, thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look on the cars that you've mentioned above.

Cheers

In this country, I think the Koreans are for the bold and rich. Namely cause aftersales service won’t be as widespread as its peers in the same price category. Rich, because you’ll suffer on resale value, and the parts will cost more than it’s peers, so that depends on how long you’re gonna keep the car. If you’ll get rid of it before warranty runs out, great.

At 80K no reason to consider this car. Honda Jazz/City is a better choice. Or you want more car for your money, the Proton Preve/Suprima.

I don’t hate Koreans by the way, I think the Kia Sorento 2.2D is amazing value, more so than the CR-V and CX5. The Kia Optima GT and amazing car — but I’ll wait for the 2018 Honda Accord m.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
80k price range has a lot of competitors.

It all depends on what it is you want. Go try the car and see if you like it. If not go test the competition. Which is a lot. Jazz, City, Vios, etc.

And personally having driven the 1.3L (or was it 1.4L? Can't remember) hatch of the Rio - It's a heavy feeling car and I'm not one to enjoy heavy feel cars. And with the new City hybrid being made available, I'm pretty sure it'll beat the crap outta this Rio in terms of everything.

I dunno la. Cars are subjective. You like A, I like B. You ask if me I like A and I'll probably say no. So my advice is go try it.. like it... buy it. If not go look elsewhere.

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Its 1.4Litre and yeah, i heard the same feedback as well.

The car is a bit under power especially when climbing hills. Most of the torque can be feel when reach at 110km/h and above.

I was thinking of Honda city as well because both cars offers the same privileged when it comes to fuel efficiency.

Haha, appreciate the opinion. Will look for more info on other cars.
:wavey:

It all depends on what it is you want. Go try the car and see if you like it. If not go test the competition. Which is a lot. Jazz, City, Vios, etc.

And personally having driven the 1.3L (or was it 1.4L? Can't remember) hatch of the Rio - It's a heavy feeling car and I'm not one to enjoy heavy feel cars. And with the new City hybrid being made available, I'm pretty sure it'll beat the crap outta this Rio in terms of everything.

I dunno la. Cars are subjective. You like A, I like B. You ask if me I like A and I'll probably say no. So my advice is go try it.. like it... buy it. If not go look elsewhere.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Heh, why do I smell lots of spam bots all of a sudden. But these are not bots, looks like some manual ones. izso you smell what I smell?

Oct 2, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Man, to be honest, i'm not a fan of the Korean cars. My entire family has been using Japanese car and they're all proven to be reliable and good resell value too. But i've made a quick glance at the article by paultan regarding the rio. To me, it looks promising. Compared to Mazda 2 or Jazz, spec wise and safety features i have to go with rio. Looks? Improving. But not so sure about the after sales service. If it's your first car, then just go for it. Test drive first! Goodluck in choosing the right one!

Hey guys.

Basically i'm in dilemma of what car should i buy since there's heaps of new models coming right up.

But 1 brand particular stand up in some of my timeline and they're Kia Rio.

I never drive any Korean car before hence i appreciate all of your honest opinion on the matter.

https://twitter.com/RaufHusin/status/913268026987880448

[/IMG]

Oct 2, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Jazz, Mazda 2, Peugeot 208 & VW Polo are the right competitors i think. Same segment. Rio looks nice, sharp & good features. But jazz win the branding. Polo win the displacement. Can tapau all i mentioned easily

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Heh, why do I smell lots of spam bots all of a sudden. But these are not bots, looks like some manual ones. izso you smell what I smell?
Haha, not sure about that tho!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
In general KIA offers sharp design and loads of kit compared to its competitor

However, the parts are expensive and resale is bad.
If resale is not an issue and u dont mind the high service bill then go ahead.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I am a newbie in car mods.... but damn interested to mod me car... I am looking for some sport springs.... I drive a Wira Aeroback 1.6 1999... with 16" rims....Which brand is good? How about absorbers? do I need to change them too?

Currently... my tyres hits the arch when I go for a bumpy ride... With the springs this prob would be resolved rite? they say my spring now is too lembut.

The cheaper the better... lol .... but I dun mind spending more to get better comfort or quality...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience