Bringing the LEGEND R34 GTR back...

Vicky Macho

Dec 2, 2014
Kota Damansara
Hi fellow forumers...in malaysia there is no more unreg r34gtr and toyota supra right?..all that available is used one...

1)how much to buy one?
2)how much for full overhaul the engine,drivetrain,suspension,gearbox and etc?
3)how much would it cost to maintain monthly:-major n minor service?
If used as a daily car running from sg buloh to damansara 5days a week.
4)after spending all the $$$$$...is it really worth it to buy one/daily car/traffic conditions???
5)cost of insurance,roadtax,fuel consumption?
6)does it need to follow strict manitenance schedule like r35?

All reviews are appreciated....

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
do you have 'other' car? 1st car...

1) you want to buy...so you should search for it...
2) too wide...there are no parts for these cars...half-cut then...
3) both over 2.5 litre category...both have turbo...one 4wd, one rwd with lsd...estimate?
4) depends on you...how much you love it...
5) can calculate easily....
6) every car need to follow maintenance schedule...even 2JZ is bulletproof, it still needs maintenance...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
TS, I thought you are already getting R35 GT-R based on your previous posts? If you can maintain and handle R35, BNR34 and JZA80 should not be a problem to you.

Vicky Macho

Dec 2, 2014
Kota Damansara
Yess i love R34 gtr....is one of my favourite car....looking forward in owing one in near future I guess it would cost more than the GTR after refurbishing the car right??....my friend said that getting an UNREG R34 GTR now is IMPOSSIBLE ....and for the condition depends on your luck...some are well manitained...some are not....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry to say brother, but if you are worried of fuel, maintenance, road tax etc. etc., you are better off driving a normal every day car

Vicky Macho

Dec 2, 2014
Kota Damansara
i thought u have a R35? u asked regarding exhaust change in your other thread.
Yess i do have..it...before the r35..r34 has been always my dream car...nw i own r35...looking forward to buy r34 in future..haven't decide yet..just asking you sifus..about it..
Yaa..the exhaust for my gtr i didn't change yet...

Its a 10year old car ryte...my gtr maintenance is quite alot like you guys said....but its all worth it...

Last edited:

Vicky Macho

Dec 2, 2014
Kota Damansara
where do u bring your R35 for maintenance check up?/ workshop?
I bring it to ats...i use mostly on weekends...brought to work couple of times..due to the traffic conditions i just parked it at home and take train...save so much time...

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
anyways u already own a R435, y wanna go for R34 or Supra? u already have the top of the range in the Skyline family,
as u know Supra's & R34 does not have financing anymore, meaning all cash, same goes for Insurance coverage, not all companies wanna insure your R34 or Supra, if im buying 1 of those cars u mentioned, I wont be worry bout your queries from 1-6, will just ask for which is the best workshop recommended, where to source for new & used parts & where to other car owner meet up. that's all.

Vicky Macho

Dec 2, 2014
Kota Damansara
anyways u already own a R435, y wanna go for R34 or Supra? u already have the top of the range in the Skyline family,
as u know Supra's & R34 does not have financing anymore, meaning all cash, same goes for Insurance coverage, not all companies wanna insure your R34 or Supra, if im buying 1 of those cars u mentioned, I wont be worry bout your queries from 1-6, will just ask for which is the best workshop recommended, where to source for new & used parts & where to other car owner meet up. that's all.
Hahahahaa....roger that....tanz for all the comments guys...:driver:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
ok, this maybe harsh but if u want one...

do this..

Go to UK, go and buy one.

still cannot find then go to the junkyard or car crusher (in UK)... there are mint condition great cars including skyline R34 GTR heading to the crusher.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'll still go for BNR34 and Supra even if I do have R35. Different experience. Inline 6 compare to V6... Plus, it is always more fun to play around with the clutch pedal and gear stick compared to flipping paddles. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I bring it to ats...i use mostly on weekends...brought to work couple of times..due to the traffic conditions i just parked it at home and take train...save so much time...
You should keep at my place, I can wash and polish for you, then weekend you come take and use. Bro. Danz, sound familiar........hhahahhahahaha:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Dude. R35 isn't a Skyline.
Top of the range skyline is still R34.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, can anyone share their experience abt this engine oil?
What i know its damn expensive at over RM200.

Comment?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience