Myvi 1.5 SE Modification

h3llrais3r

Known Member
Jan 8, 2008
Klang
Hi Sifu's, after 2 years of driving my Stock Myvi 1.5 AT, I decided to mod it. But need help on this as im looking for performance+comfort+fuel save :-D

Im thinking of changing the rims first. = P1 Racing 16"X7jj
suspension or the spring (need help on this)
UR Bars
1.6" piping, Grade AA 'HKS' Hi-Power straight flow muffler

Please advice me on this

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sifu's, after 2 years of driving my Stock Myvi 1.5 AT, I decided to mod it. But need help on this as im looking for performance+comfort+fuel save :-D

suspension or the spring (need help on this) get a set of adjustables. Hi/lo/soft/hard or if you want comfort, go for KYB RS PRO but dont complain if its too soft
UR Bars get anti roll bar and front strut as minimum
1.6" piping, Grade AA 'HKS' Hi-Power straight flow muffler no comment on the cap ayam HKS but you should remain your ori piping size if your engine is not modded.

Please advice me on this
my humble opinion..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

UR Bars

Please advice me on this
Based on the above priorities, leave it stock.

Any lowering of suspension especially changing to adjustable and sports type you will never be more comfortable then stock suspension.
Going 16" you need 45 series aspect ratio tyres and that will add to a pretty bumpy ride.
Any performance upgrade you probably will never have fuel savings too....:banghead:

You okay with the above then go ahead. Don't say never warn you.....:biggrin:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

UR Bars

Please advice me on this
No such thing. There are only :
Performance = Non comfort + Higher fuel than stock
Comfort + Fuel Save = Stock performance

Auto trans + straight flow = not a good combination, because i did it.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Based on the above priorities, leave it stock.

Any lowering of suspension especially changing to adjustable and sports type you will never be more comfortable then stock suspension.
Going 16" you need 45 series aspect ratio tyres and that will add to a pretty bumpy ride.
Any performance upgrade you probably will never have fuel savings too....:banghead:

You okay with the above then go ahead. Don't say never warn you.....:biggrin:
No such thing. There are only :
Performance = Non comfort + Higher fuel than stock
Comfort + Fuel Save = Stock performance

Auto trans + straight flow = not a good combination, because i did it.
I erm..kinda disagree with the statement that performance will not come with fuel saving. Usually people mod their car to increase horsepower by making this bigger that bigger but seldom will try to improve the efficiency of the engine iteself. If we mod to improve the efficiency to get more power instead of adding more fuel and air, we can get both performance and fuel saving

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Zero spending and easy improve of car performance, with lower fuel consumption = Add Lightness

remove as much weight from the car as you can...
You'll be quite surprised how the car behave once the car is lightened.

if can, put yourself on diet as good measure...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
I erm..kinda disagree with the statement that performance will not come with fuel saving. Usually people mod their car to increase horsepower by making this bigger that bigger but seldom will try to improve the efficiency of the engine iteself. If we mod to improve the efficiency to get more power instead of adding more fuel and air, we can get both performance and fuel saving
Was expecting someone to turn up with this. Well it is true that modding to better fuel efficiency especially with management system would improve torque delivery thus making use correct amount of air fuel.

I guess it is only my problem of thinking that fuel saving is not fuel efficiency. To me fuel efficiency is making best use of what, and fuel saving is that if there are options do not use the extras...oh well..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Usually stock is already best calculated by manufacturer for that. Don't you think they will want better figures so they can advertise and make more sales.....:smokin:

Anyway, 9.9/10 if want to improve on power sure the right foot heavy one. If that is the case, never will have good FC.....hhahaahaha:rofl:
Power once you get, the more you want. Politicians the same.......hhahahhahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

Even for fuel saving device none have a clear cut that they really works.
My mechanic did tell me once that he can tune my car to be more fuel efficient but with a loss of power.....:thefinger:

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My 2.6 petrol pajero oso can be very2 powerful but at the expense of...well u know what.
which is why modern engine are equipped with vvt.trying to get best of both world(power n fc).imho,its just a gimmick.
its still either power of fc.

if i were TS,i will;
-drop in air filter
-extractor
-decent set of 15 inch wheel and good rubber.
-front tower bar,rear arb
Done....

With this setup u can improve fc as;
-the engine breath easier
-the bar and decent tyre help u to maintain sensible cruising speed on corner.if u hav to slow down,u have to accelerate again and this consume more fuel than cruising.

sport spring?
Almost all sport spring out there are hard as rock.sport mar...
however i am impress with a friends blm using Panther sport spring.the height is not lower by much and the spring is surprisingly comfortable unlike my proride spring.

16 inch rim?
Forget it.my car is powered by a 1.8l twincam engine with vvt and its on stock 16 inch tire.i can feel the weights,weights is becoz the actual rim weight and the tire bill to shod it with decent tire.
tire price might led u to pick unknown brand and in turn u wont get performance but just the look.

piping?
I think all of us in here have heard an auto car with big exhaust playing traffic light drag.the sound is just pathetic.
its very uncomfortable on the inside too like the system on my friends blm with the panther spring.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Change to thinner tyre and pump up the tyre pressure......
You get pickup better, lower slightly FC....

Save money buying tyres and save money on petrol. Apa mau lagi?:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My 2.6 petrol pajero oso can be very2 powerful but at the expense of...well u know what.
which is why modern engine are equipped with vvt.trying to get best of both world(power n fc).imho,its just a gimmick.
its still either power of fc.

if i were TS,i will;
-drop in air filter
-extractor
-decent set of 15 inch wheel and good rubber.
-front tower bar,rear arb
Done....

With this setup u can improve fc as;
-the engine breath easier
-the bar and decent tyre help u to maintain sensible cruising speed on corner.if u hav to slow down,u have to accelerate again and this consume more fuel than cruising.

sport spring?
Almost all sport spring out there are hard as rock.sport mar...
however i am impress with a friends blm using Panther sport spring.the height is not lower by much and the spring is surprisingly comfortable unlike my proride spring.

16 inch rim?
Forget it.my car is powered by a 1.8l twincam engine with vvt and its on stock 16 inch tire.i can feel the weights,weights is becoz the actual rim weight and the tire bill to shod it with decent tire.
tire price might led u to pick unknown brand and in turn u wont get performance but just the look.

piping?
I think all of us in here have heard an auto car with big exhaust playing traffic light drag.the sound is just pathetic.
its very uncomfortable on the inside too like the system on my friends blm with the panther spring.
I have seen vvt doing wonders in terms of performance and fc.
Low end, mid end, high end all. FC still there as well.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Usually stock is already best calculated by manufacturer for that. Don't you think they will want better figures so they can advertise and make more sales.....:smokin:

Anyway, 9.9/10 if want to improve on power sure the right foot heavy one. If that is the case, never will have good FC.....hhahaahaha:rofl:
Power once you get, the more you want. Politicians the same.......hhahahhahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

Even for fuel saving device none have a clear cut that they really works.
My mechanic did tell me once that he can tune my car to be more fuel efficient but with a loss of power.....:thefinger:
Engine wise, maybe. But manufacturers always want to earn more so there are many improvements to be made to incrase the efficiency also. For example, using better spark plugs can improve engine response and save fuel also if done right. Other than that, we can mod aero parts like car underbody, drag reduction spoiler, remove unecessary things, etc.

Altering ecu management can also save fuel mah...normal driving = fuel saving mode. Go touge, power mode. But the problem is gotta know what we are doing lah hahaha later kena chop and got no improvement.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Change to thinner tyre and pump up the tyre pressure......
You get pickup better, lower slightly FC....

Save money buying tyres and save money on petrol. Apa mau lagi?:biggrin:
That is downgrade liao.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Engine wise, maybe. But manufacturers always want to earn more so there are many improvements to be made to incrase the efficiency also. For example, using better spark plugs can improve engine response and save fuel also if done right. Other than that, we can mod aero parts like car underbody, drag reduction spoiler, remove unecessary things, etc.

Altering ecu management can also save fuel mah...normal driving = fuel saving mode. Go touge, power mode. But the problem is gotta know what we are doing lah hahaha later kena chop and got no improvement.
Yes, true to some like aerodynamics, but again to normal town drive it won't work, unless you travel highways most of the time.
Spark plugs don't work leh! Even if work so minimal it does not cover the price of the expensive plugs.
Remove unnecessary things? But manufacturer gives you bare minimum already. Remove spare tyre?, remove rear seats......hahhahhahaha:rofl:
As mentioned my mechanic say he can tune to good fc but with less power:banghead:......:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Everyone,

I have a very big question. I am planning to do a D.I.Y on an engine conversion (just as a hobby), so any help from experienced mechanics or anyone who has done this conversion before would be at great help! I am very serious here.

Okay. Lets just say, i have got:

1) Evo2/3 full harness wiring,
2) Evo2/3 complete engine with mounts,
3) Evo2/3 Air flow meter (MAF) and ECU,
4) But using my 4G93 Gearbox.

Is this all i need? I dont have a complete half cut. I am just worried...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience