evo lancer 7.5 GTA

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
BRO if price like that better buy or add abit to get evo 9 oh.the best evo respond in manual. for sure after u bought evo 7.5 gta sure u wanna convert it to manual. =D. or yes. like pengyu said.worth to buy polo golf bro. very cool

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am actually driving mitsubishi lancer sportback now....
I am been really impressed with Mitsubishi after owning the above car.
Thought of getting a weekend mitsu evo to have a feel of the turbo.....
if you're getting a weekend car, why need an auto?
Evo 7 in manual is better bet i reckon..
I agree, if just for weekends whereby traffic volume is much less, then might as well get manual.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How to check the seat belt date?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I am going to check out this second hand evo GTA tomorrow as well
Mitsubishi Evo Lancer 7.5 (A) - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

Anyone know regarding the history of this car?
The seat belts has a label attached to it and it should tell you the year made.
Good luck tomorrow then, hope it's good and you'll get a much better deal.

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Just wantto chip in about the Auto issue, if ur really bad with manual transmission then it might be a good way to enjoy an evo with an auto gearbox. But don't mod too much as the auto tranny is known to not handle too much mods.

Regarding the 2005 thing, I believe it's a 2003 or older model declare as newer so they can import this car. Malaysia is allow up to 5 years and more than that they don't allow hence some declare the car newer. And be warn, 2005 car, what year they import it ? How long this car been at Malaysia ? Do check both the unreg and the used, if got good experience wif used car then better u might prefer to take the older on the road model since better price and maybe extra stuff.
And do remember to check the seat belt, the white tag will show the year made, some even cut it off to hide the year made so beware of those.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Invecs II in GTA can handle max around 330-350hp without problem. So that's around 250 whp without reliability issue. Tested n proven. Anything more will have to be manual tranny. ;)

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
i'm driving one.
if u look for someone help to check or test that evo, i'm happy to help.

about auto and manual i have few opinion.. but i just list few which i don't like

1. gta box can't handle lot of torque and whp. Or can say can't handle more torque/whp on earlier rpm. Unless u want very short life gearbox.

2. can't touge or track fast, gear ratio is wider.. U can't downshift heel toe to sync the rpm when cornering. Can't get perfect/smooth engine speed to enter apex.

3. heavier 50kg to manual.. almost 1500kg.

4. convert to manual later? no way.. better sell and buy manual instead. So many things is different. Lazy to type, u can google. :P

advice: Once u join evo group or bunch of 4wd turbo friends, u might reconsider.

ykwc42003

Sep 29, 2012
Perak
I went to check on the two car last sat.... The unregistered car looks quite mint with mileage to be 30K++. The best think about the registered year of 2005 is that still can apply for loan up to 7 to 8 years, financed up to 85%. The used one had 2 previous Malaysian owner and mileage of 130K++ and because it is 2002, loan can be up to 5 years only,financed up to 70%.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

hi ahlim13,

Thanks for the infos and it do help me a lot.
Will definitely get your help if going to get the car.

Now waiting for my bonus for next year before deciding on the purchase...hehe

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I went to check on the two car last sat.... The unregistered car looks quite mint with mileage to be 30K++. The best think about the registered year of 2005 is that still can apply for loan up to 7 to 8 years, financed up to 85%. The used one had 2 previous Malaysian owner and mileage of 130K++ and because it is 2002, loan can be up to 5 years only,financed up to 70%.

Don't put the mileage of the recon car into consideration because it's almost sure had been reset.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
bank dun giv loan based on registered year... they look at manufactured year....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ykwc, you live in perak and owns a Lancer Sportback? Any chance that your car was a black one with modified exhaust? Sorry for being off topic here.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To All Tufoil Users,

Thanks to Focal Point, the sole distributor for Tufoil, we have made Tufoil available in Seremban for the convenience of people in NSDK. Those interested to purchase it may contact me Richard 012-611 2251.

Now Tufoil also available at:

Perkhidmatan Accesories Auto Wai Hoong
151 Jln Toman 7
Kemayan Square
70200 Seremban
NSDK

Tel 06-767 1437
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience