Water Temp Gauge

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hi All,

Just want to hear some opinion from you all out there about my problem..
Need to check where my ApexI water temp stand at 82 degree at under the hot sun and can reach till 95 degree when car is stand still but did not feel the engine bay is hot.
Another thing is when set the aircond temp to the coolest, the temp seem to drop to around 70 to 75 degree during lunch time but will go back up very fast when the car move.

Radiator, fan others no problem since just check..

Is this normal?:hmmmm::hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Firstly I presume your car have twin fans, One for radiator and one for air con, right?
If yes, Looks like the thermostat that switches on the fan. Without air con or low setting, air con fan switches on and off when reach temp setting. When on air con coldest both fans work thus cooling is much better....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Firstly I presume your car have twin fans, One for radiator and one for air con, right?
If yes, Looks like the thermostat that switches on the fan. Without air con or low setting, air con fan switches on and off when reach temp setting. When on air con coldest both fans work thus cooling is much better....
Bro, its a single 2 speed fan and the thermostat set to coolest the temp drop..

just wanna know that this is normal or not coz I saw the temp like share market.. up and down every second especially at hot sun hours:hmmmm::hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
He said the temp goes up when the car moves. That's a bit weird.

Mag9556 : Can I ask where did you place the water temp? Upper radiator hose or lower one? Is the sensor in good condition? Assuming your thermostat is in working condition, the water is supposed to reach 85-95 deg Celsius as optimum running temp for the engine anyway. If you have a low temp thermostat installed, then 85 or whatever the thermostat is rated for would be normal. Normal thermostats probably should read 90 degrees give or take.

But like what VR2Turbo has pointed out, if you have individual fans then if aircon on then for sure the temp will drop since the fan will help cool it down. But for it to drop to 70+ deg is kinda weird. That's kinda low.

How accurate is your meter?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

Mag9556 : Can I ask where did you place the water temp? Upper radiator hose or lower one? Is the sensor in good condition? Assuming your thermostat is in working condition, the water is supposed to reach 85-95 deg Celsius as optimum running temp for the engine anyway. If you have a low temp thermostat installed, then 85 or whatever the thermostat is rated for would be normal. Normal thermostats probably should read 90 degrees give or take.

But like what VR2Turbo has pointed out, if you have individual fans then if aircon on then for sure the temp will drop since the fan will help cool it down. But for it to drop to 70+ deg is kinda weird. That's kinda low.

Actually my friend get the reading from engine original temp sensor where he said is the most accurate when compare to reading from hose (adapter).
Engine thermostat is ori also.

that why:hmmmm::hmmmm: asking member on this since the meter is brought new:biggrin::biggrin:

At lease known that 85 to 95 is normal then feels safe since though that the meter kong already..

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i wonder... whats considered to be an okay water temp? and whats considered to be an okay oil temp?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

He mention single fan two speed, but still would not bring down to 70+....:confused:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
He mention single fan two speed, but still would not bring down to 70+....:confused:
really dont know d.. maybe that day a bit cool d.. today temp stagnant between 82 to 85 degree..:biggrin:
1st time using extra meter for water temp, thats why try to ask since unable to get actual answer as check at google all just mentioned others than Malaysia..:biggrin:

i wonder... whats considered to be an okay water temp? and whats considered to be an okay oil temp?
Need to check with the sifu that using it for long time lor especially at ZTH..:biggrin::biggrin:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Sounds normal to me...fan will only kickoff when temp reach certain threshold & bring down the temp if exceed the threshold temp....from my experience, my car runs between 85-110C & the temp fluctuates all the time depends on ur driving style, surrounding ambient temp & so on...during idle, my car temp fluctuates between 90-100C....
my engine was told the best temp to get best mileage is at 105C while cooler temp below 100C will give less engine performance...just my 2cents

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Adding coolant to distilled water for radiators actually increases the boiling point for the liquid in your radiator so it doesn't evaporate when heated to such temperatures. So it's expected to exceed boiling point temps (about 90 deg C if I remember my science correctly) sometimes. I think ok would be anything between 75 to 100 depending on ambient temp, engine condition and driving style.

Oil temp imho is best at 100 deg C or thereabouts. Weight of the oil is measured at optimum temp which the thermostat is supposed to help the engine achieve which is about 100 deg C thereabouts.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Adding coolant to distilled water for radiators actually increases the boiling point for the liquid in your radiator so it doesn't evaporate when heated to such temperatures. So it's expected to exceed boiling point temps (about 90 deg C if I remember my science correctly) sometimes. I think ok would be anything between 75 to 100 depending on ambient temp, engine condition and driving style.

Oil temp imho is best at 100 deg C or thereabouts. Weight of the oil is measured at optimum temp which the thermostat is supposed to help the engine achieve which is about 100 deg C thereabouts.
Water boils at 100 deg C leh! Yes, coolant helps increase the boiling point, so does the radiator cap that keeps it under pressure which helps increase the boiling point further....:driver:

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Water boils at 100 deg C leh! Yes, coolant helps increase the boiling point, so does the radiator cap that keeps it under pressure which helps increase the boiling point further....:driver:
Ure right sir the underpressure will increase the boiling point of the coolant water...it can goes beyond 120C(NA engine)& thats the time I start to worry bout water pump failure :hmmmm:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
WOW! thats new things that learn today since every time I saw 100 degree in my car I faster off it coz scared of overheat burn off my engine parts...:adore::adore:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
ahh @_@ alright my car runs at about 90-95 degrees (oil temp)... does have an added oil cooler installed, maybe i should pull that oil cooler off....... welp should drive the car hard one day and see how high it can really go

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
car will be out of cold start procedure and thermostat opening allowing water to flow into engine after 85degree C...

the radiator fan will run after 100degree C

so sport thermostat usually have 75degree C opening

i would say anything between 75degree C up to 100degree C is normal... unless when u were stopping and radiator fan running but still see temperature above 100degree C

or while moving at highway speed with water temp steadily over 100degree C.... usually while moving at steady speed, water temp will remain below 95degree C....and usually above 85degree C (depend on thermostat setting)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.
attached in sketch drawing of own version

please help give idea...filter goin to use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience