How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor - Page 3 - Zerotohundred.com

Zerotohundred.com
HOME FEATURES NEWS FORUMS THE MARKETPLACE TIMETOATTACK!
Go Back   Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Detailing Forums

Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #31
sweelt
700bhp Member

Liked: 58 / 48 Posts
Default Re: How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor

Aftermarket header no place to screw heatshield...lol
sweelt is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2017, 02:53 PM   #32
Izso
`(00) Noob

Liked: 5,732 / 2,629 Posts

Y1288 :

Don't be a wuss. A little oil stain never hurt anyone. Just chrome the thing and bling it with gemstones for special 3D effects.

And generally those titanium stained look is done with heat right? If you lost the stain you need to go heat it up with a hot welding tool or a flame thrower. I recommend the flame thrower. Melt body parts is the new black too. Doooooooiiiiiiiittttt
Old 02-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #33
y2188
350bhp Nitrous Member

Liked: 25 / 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanekit View Post
it's gonna take at least 2 days to remove, sand, polish and then install back.
Deswai when the car is in the workshop then probably i bring extractor home to molest lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2turbo View Post
Find exhaust heat shield cover, cover up......lol
Not enough space d, it's about 1cm away from my aircond fan. Which i already grind off the metal housing a bit. If not cannot fit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweelt View Post
Aftermarket header no place to screw heatshield...lol
ya lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izso View Post
Y1288 :

Don't be a wuss. A little oil stain never hurt anyone. Just chrome the thing and bling it with gemstones for special 3D effects.

And generally those titanium stained look is done with heat right? If you lost the stain you need to go heat it up with a hot welding tool or a flame thrower. I recommend the flame thrower. Melt body parts is the new black too. Doooooooiiiiiiiittttt
It hurt my soul a little. when i got the extractor it's silver, after one day of usage its gold then one week later there's these titanium stained look near the ports and now it's covered in oil stain everywhere lol God damn workshop pasang with oily hands then fire up the engine only
y2188 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #34
Tom
Founder

Liked: 2,961 / 601 Posts

i've tried Autosol on a stainless exhaust manifold but it was a pain as the results were barely substantial or worth the effort to work on the entire manifold. You might be better off sand blasting it and have it thermal coated maybe

just stumbled on this video, there may be hope for polishing paste after all. The video says their polish is different because it is made for stainless steel exhaust specifically and unlike the regular pastes, this product is not aluminium friendly so that might explain its effectiveness for polishing exhausts
1989 BMW E34 V12

Read my articles: Here and Here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following 2 Users Liked Tom For This Useful Post:
sanekit (02-10-2017), y2188 (02-11-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #35
sanekit
600bhp Member

Liked: 52 / 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
i've tried Autosol on a stainless exhaust manifold but it was a pain as the results were barely substantial or worth the effort to work on the entire manifold. You might be better off sand blasting it and have it thermal coated maybe

just stumbled on this video, there may be hope for polishing paste after all. The video says their polish is different because it is made for stainless steel exhaust specifically and unlike the regular pastes, this product is not aluminium friendly so that might explain its effectiveness for polishing exhausts
Other than Autosol, you try Brasso. Last time Brasso comes in clear liquid form. Now they have the cream version like Autosol. Brasso is a lot stronger tho.
sanekit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #36
y2188
350bhp Nitrous Member

Liked: 25 / 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Thanks for the info Tom! Appreciate it gonna go read up more about this product. I wonder if malaysia imported this
y2188 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Zerotohundred.com > Car Discussions > Car Detailing Forums

Previous: Previous Thread | Next Thread :Next

Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

SEARCH

Our YouTube Videos

2000 - 2017 Zerotohundred.com - The Automotive Enthusiasts' Network | Tags | Terms of Use | Visitor Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Top