4G92 transplant. Are you satisfied?

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
Maybe this has been discussed to death, but the search option did not churn out any results, so i felt i needed to start a new thread to ask.

Just curious to know how many bros here are on this transplant, and how satisfied are you with the power you are making. Any bros here on a 4G92 and still running 1.6 displacement, care to chime in on this? Your feedback would really be much appreciated.

The kind of mods you are running, and power output. Thinking of building a 4G92, but i think i need to explore my options, may not be the cheapest (nor easiest) way to make 170 whp. thks.

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
4G93 la. Easier to hit the 170bhp NA and still within legal limits.
Can't high rev right. as i understand the stroke for 93 is quite a bit longer. Anyway normally how do you guys do it for 93? wif a dohc mivec cyc. head and standalone?

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Can't high rev right. as i understand the stroke for 93 is quite a bit longer. Anyway normally how do you guys do it for 93? wif a dohc mivec cyc. head and standalone?
Bro, 1st u must at least provide what car u plan to transplant in ? Satria ? Wira ? I assume satria ? Coz if gti obviously 4G93 16V DOHC more than enough. So how much is the price u edi survey ? And how much u plan to put into modding or transplanting ? And have you tried 4G93T ? Or Turbo ? Mivec vs turbo I don't want to talk too much, but I been thru this process and I got stuck with turbo as I really like the bov and boost.

So I again assume your combo is satria + 4G92 aka mivec, and if u edi got the halfcut or the source of the transplant can put down the total cost ? Well why coz there's many things going to involve once u go on the transplant road. Even my own mod and transplant never end yet, now I plan to start new project.

N since u mention rev high, well why u wana rev high ? Like the sound of it ? Or like to play high revving N/A ? I actually suggest go honda. Altho I am a mitsu fan but sad to say High revving and the vtec mivec, hicas, vvti game, Honda got more experience.

And since u also mention 4G93 Mivec well that's hybrid and will need much more work on tuning and matching if you don't have a reputable workshop to do it then better survey more b4 doing. Altho I know we r malaysia and all workshop also can bole bole no hal no hal tapi my own personal experience b4 I plonk the CASH many will say apa pun bole but once u get your head or leg wet, u will end up paying more and more if the so called workshop treat you as guinea pig or aka trial and error.

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
Bro, 1st u must at least provide what car u plan to transplant in ? Satria ? Wira ? I assume satria ? Coz if gti obviously 4G93 16V DOHC more than enough. So how much is the price u edi survey ? And how much u plan to put into modding or transplanting ? And have you tried 4G93T ? Or Turbo ? Mivec vs turbo I don't want to talk too much, but I been thru this process and I got stuck with turbo as I really like the bov and boost.

So I again assume your combo is satria + 4G92 aka mivec, and if u edi got the halfcut or the source of the transplant can put down the total cost ? Well why coz there's many things going to involve once u go on the transplant road. Even my own mod and transplant never end yet, now I plan to start new project.

N since u mention rev high, well why u wana rev high ? Like the sound of it ? Or like to play high revving N/A ? I actually suggest go honda. Altho I am a mitsu fan but sad to say High revving and the vtec mivec, hicas, vvti game, Honda got more experience.

And since u also mention 4G93 Mivec well that's hybrid and will need much more work on tuning and matching if you don't have a reputable workshop to do it then better survey more b4 doing. Altho I know we r malaysia and all workshop also can bole bole no hal no hal tapi my own personal experience b4 I plonk the CASH many will say apa pun bole but once u get your head or leg wet, u will end up paying more and more if the so called workshop treat you as guinea pig or aka trial and error.
A Mirage. What u guys view as a Mivec Terbalik. :) i have certain constraints i have to adhere to. I have tried a 4G93T Satria GTi. its fucking awesome, but unfortunately it needs to be NA.

I dun have the luxury of changing cars. Besides i like what i have, so i am exploring options on the NA front. U ask why i wanna rev high? i ask why not? haha. ok seriously, it doesnt need to be high rev. in general hi rev i feel is fun ma. To me its an option. If do-able and it gives good power, why not?

Back to the important question. What do you guys do, to achieve 170WHP, NA? is that a whole shit load of work and money? bear in mind i asked whp so if bhp, factoring a 20% drivetrain loss, its like around 200ish bhp? Or impossible at all?

And for you guys who go the NA route, what are the kind of engine and mod setups that have been tested and proven, reliably?

i thought of doing a 4G64(9). but seems like 2.4L sohc builds are non existent in malaysia. or is there something i dun know?

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Mitsubishi mirage ! Nice car. I used to hunt for it and plan to move in an FTO engine to one, but too hard to source the car n stuff. Since u got the car, can try to source for FTO engine, should be good for your hp and mods. Errr I don't think going above 2.0 is good, esp in Malaysia, higher road tax, and SOHC ? Try the FTO path mivec version if possible easily 200+ bhp if mod well and mirage is lighter than fto i think. And do note, getting the 4G92 Mivec terbalik is not cheap as high as 8k to 9k easily, price is similiar to the CM5A 4G93T. I am not a mivec guy but during my sourcing well I still do shop at halfcutshops, mivec md if not mistaken is not cheap and rare. Definitely go the FTO path if you can find a good condition one 2.0 V6 24 valve DOHC and if possible GPX version 197hp or mebe more if mod and tune well. Sounds definitely awesome, and is still tempting me to get a good conditioned used FTO but due to parts and condition of the car, quite hard to find a good one.
Well bout high rev, unless you mod heavily usually stock bout 6k is what you will be doing to be safe and my own experience wif mivec is same as vtec, vvti and turbo, never miss your oil change.
But N/A with these variable valve timing is much easier to maintain and was originally my plan b4 i went for turbo. Well the ideal daily driver is an N/A with these tec and a turbo for the weekend fun ride. For mods, quite straight forward, and since you gonna transplant, air filter, exhaust, grounding, then if got extra budget can go on those fancy management for your ecu and controller then do tuning and so on. But around 220 - 240 hp is more than enough also depends alot on your rim / tyre size. 15" for fast quick burst but so so on cornering, 16" or 17" depends on your wallet for tyres. Bigger for better stability and cornering, but need to check your car clearance.
The mirage is a 3 Door hatchback rite ? Mitsubishi colt (euro) ? Or something like putra aka the 2 door lancer ?
N btw if you wanna go 4G92 and hybrid it, I think well it will be very hard to source the 1.8 n/a block, unless you use the 4G93T but useless coz it's low comp which defeats the main purpose for N/A which is high comp. But internals might b stonger and this terbalik path I only seen 4G93T with mivec which few bro in gsr terbalik forum manage to do but seriously, your case, FTO should be the easiest and best route. Unless you want to stick with 1.6 but you did mention 2.4 so should consider 2.0 V6 24V MIVEC.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
me upgrade from 100hp+- to 300hp also not enough....how? :rofl: :biggrin:

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
me upgrade from 100hp+- to 300hp also not enough....how? :rofl: :biggrin:
Just like house or money, nothing is enough when u can afford more. Just go to the next best car or mod you can go for. :biggrin:

Some jump from car to car, like n/a to turbo or charger, then V6 to muscle power, to super cars or even doing your own 1k bhp project. As long as you can afford it nothing is impossible.

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
Mitsubishi mirage ! Nice car. I used to hunt for it and plan to move in an FTO engine to one, but too hard to source the car n stuff. Since u got the car, can try to source for FTO engine, should be good for your hp and mods. Errr I don't think going above 2.0 is good, esp in Malaysia, higher road tax, and SOHC ? Try the FTO path mivec version if possible easily 200+ bhp if mod well and mirage is lighter than fto i think. And do note, getting the 4G92 Mivec terbalik is not cheap as high as 8k to 9k easily, price is similiar to the CM5A 4G93T. I am not a mivec guy but during my sourcing well I still do shop at halfcutshops, mivec md if not mistaken is not cheap and rare. Definitely go the FTO path if you can find a good condition one 2.0 V6 24 valve DOHC and if possible GPX version 197hp or mebe more if mod and tune well. Sounds definitely awesome, and is still tempting me to get a good conditioned used FTO but due to parts and condition of the car, quite hard to find a good one.
Well bout high rev, unless you mod heavily usually stock bout 6k is what you will be doing to be safe and my own experience wif mivec is same as vtec, vvti and turbo, never miss your oil change.
But N/A with these variable valve timing is much easier to maintain and was originally my plan b4 i went for turbo. Well the ideal daily driver is an N/A with these tec and a turbo for the weekend fun ride. For mods, quite straight forward, and since you gonna transplant, air filter, exhaust, grounding, then if got extra budget can go on those fancy management for your ecu and controller then do tuning and so on. But around 220 - 240 hp is more than enough also depends alot on your rim / tyre size. 15" for fast quick burst but so so on cornering, 16" or 17" depends on your wallet for tyres. Bigger for better stability and cornering, but need to check your car clearance.
The mirage is a 3 Door hatchback rite ? Mitsubishi colt (euro) ? Or something like putra aka the 2 door lancer ?
N btw if you wanna go 4G92 and hybrid it, I think well it will be very hard to source the 1.8 n/a block, unless you use the 4G93T but useless coz it's low comp which defeats the main purpose for N/A which is high comp. But internals might b stonger and this terbalik path I only seen 4G93T with mivec which few bro in gsr terbalik forum manage to do but seriously, your case, FTO should be the easiest and best route. Unless you want to stick with 1.6 but you did mention 2.4 so should consider 2.0 V6 24V MIVEC.
Hi thanks for your valuable input. Mine is the hatchback. At present, mine should be the only one left in my area. I have not seen another in the last 7 yrs. Not so keen on 6A12 becoz it takes up a huge amount of space in a CK/Lancer or CJ/Mirage or Proton platform. Just google at pictures and tell me if i am wrong; its super freaking close to the radiator, and the added weight is gg to throw everything off balance. I must concede that a V6 burble is just.... music to the ears.

What is everyone's input on Mivec? It hasnt quite taken off as well as Honda's valve timing obviously. Is there any workshop in Malaysia who knows how to PROPERLY service and rebuild Mivec components?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just like house or money, nothing is enough when u can afford more. Just go to the next best car or mod you can go for. :biggrin:

Some jump from car to car, like n/a to turbo or charger, then V6 to muscle power, to super cars or even doing your own 1k bhp project. As long as you can afford it nothing is impossible.
Fuh! myself still with the VR for 14 years......:driver:

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Hi thanks for your valuable input. Mine is the hatchback. At present, mine should be the only one left in my area. I have not seen another in the last 7 yrs. Not so keen on 6A12 becoz it takes up a huge amount of space in a CK/Lancer or CJ/Mirage or Proton platform. Just google at pictures and tell me if i am wrong; its super freaking close to the radiator, and the added weight is gg to throw everything off balance. I must concede that a V6 burble is just.... music to the ears.

What is everyone's input on Mivec? It hasnt quite taken off as well as Honda's valve timing obviously. Is there any workshop in Malaysia who knows how to PROPERLY service and rebuild Mivec components?
Not sure if you already have the source for your engine, saw 2 CJ4A halfcut for bout RM 7.7k puchong area. Actually, if ur interested in CM5A aka 1.8 gsr turbo terbalik, I plan to let go mine to go for evo actually. Price can nego till let go, else will trade in to halfcut shop for the evo I plan to get. Mivec, as I remember during the FTO, 4G92 era, many complain their Vec never kick in or kick in slow eng up it's the oil grade used wrong. Seriously, b4 putting in the CM5A in my Lancer was hunting for 6A12 and 4G92 but price for those 2 is just a little bit to turbo and after research and testing various cars I had to go with turbo as I already have a daily driver. If this car will be your daily, and if your current engine is going well, might as well wait till the engine kaput. The original 4G15 DOHC 16V or 4G91 DOHC 16V actually puts out 110bhp or ps. Which is quite healthy for a hatch back. And going mivec is only a little bit different. I tested EK9 to feel 1.6 Vtec as in the Mivec 1.6 and DC2 with B18C then prelude with H22A. Seriously if I never get addicted to turbo and just want a daily driver then definitely I gone for 6A12 or 4G92 but the feel is still same like the stock N/A engine.
Well now got offer for a very nice CKD evo halfcut that's why very itchy to get the whole CKD to complete my car and be done with it. Have been holding on to this project due to family needed a spare car and kinda lazy to do up everything with nice bodykit as they really don't care about the skirts n stuff.
If you already decide on 4G92 Mivec then just go for it. 170 to 200 is not a big problem but the kick might not b there and safer to keep your rims around 15" or 16" for the kick. If you go bigger rims 17" or above the feel will be different. Even most of the EK9, DC2 I tested used the stock Type R 15" or 16" only.

Fuh! myself still with the VR for 14 years......:driver:
Ori Galant VR4 with 4G63T ? This is one big monster hiding to eat many modded cars. :driver:

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
Not sure if you already have the source for your engine, saw 2 CJ4A halfcut for bout RM 7.7k puchong area. Actually, if ur interested in CM5A aka 1.8 gsr turbo terbalik, I plan to let go mine to go for evo actually. Price can nego till let go :driver:
The only reason why i have not jumped onto the 4G92 bandwagon is coz.... i find the ration btwn spent and horsepower gained is.... despairing. But yr deal.... interesting. What kind of Lancer do you drive. Whereabouts is your location? Maybe we can discuss.

Ori Galant VR4 with 4G63T ? This is one big monster hiding to eat many modded cars. :driver:
his nick says VR2. I am assuming its a transplant; perhaps a 4G63T from VR4 yesteryears in an FF platform of some sort.

Last edited:

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
The only reason why i have not jumped onto the 4G92 bandwagon is coz.... i find the ration btwn spent and horsepower gained is.... despairing. But yr deal.... interesting. What kind of Lancer do you drive. Whereabouts is your location? Maybe we can discuss.

his nick says VR2. I am assuming its a transplant; perhaps a 4G63T from VR4 yesteryears in an FF platform of some sort.
Well trust me your dilemma is what I faced b4 I jump into the turbo bandwagon. But mine is more like an itch or a project which I had to do coz my engine is giving issues as well as the original auto gearbox. So a transplant is to save the car, and after surveying the fc and service as well as price decide to go for turbo as previously mention got a daily driver which is very good fc. Again going turbo if you got another daily driver is an easy choice as u can get good fc for weekday work n stuff then fast and turbo fun on weekend. But due to lots of traveling and jam I usually drive the n/a more often altho both are manual, n/a is much forgivable.
Again you must decide how much hp you wanna have, for FF once you go over 250-300 it's quite hard to control, unless you get the FTO gearbox and match with 4G93T or 4G63T. My project would be perfect if can source such a gearbox but that will set back bout 2-3k at least and could get me a very nice Evo 5 bodykit. And so far no issue with the engine yet so actually stop on the engine part d.
And lately got offer from a friends halfcut shop for evo 5 ckd at quite attractive price. Previously got stuck wanting to sell off the car and get a ori CN9A as havin evo but no 4wd is pointless hence stuck at wanting to get real 4WD. So I guess now I am trying to open up all my option selling off all the stuff and go back to square 1. Lucky I do have a daily driver so can just sell the engine n stuff. :smokin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fuh! you hit the spot exactly. Mine was Original Mitsu Galant Super Saloon. 2.0 single cam Auto, bought second hand. Then when auto box died, transplant VR4 in. Cost of Auto box already RM2k plus, VR4 at that time RM3.5k, but add workmanship, and mod suspension, exhaust, etc, came to RM8k.
Vr2 was name given by mechanic because running FWD...hahaha:biggrin:
4WD half was available, but to buy front and back cost was already RM10k so gave up on that.
Mine is the lowest powered engine, the cyclone turbo 200bhp. If RS one then can get 240bhp...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For all those car lover out there:

Im currently distibuting the new product from overseas to any of u that business in car care that make the car that been apply look dame preety!

It is a polish that when apply to to your car and will be giving a 5 year guaranty (not warranty) that your car will shine like hell.!!!!!!!!!!!

It is suitable to all those metallic and even 2k colour paint.
Dame nice, it is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience