1st May, remembering the greatest racer of all time: Ayrton Senna

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Today 1st May, 19yrs ago I still remember vividly as I watched live on TV the horror that unfolded as Senna went off at 300kph and hitting the wall hard at Tamburello, Imola while leading the 1994 San Marino GP. I remember after the impact still waiting for him to climb out like he always did, but only saw his head fell to the side of the cockpit. Seconds and minutes flew with him still completely motionless, I then realized that it's gonna be bad. Truly a sad day as the world of sport mourn the loss of the greatest racer of all time!

RIP Ayrton!

Here's a cool tribute of Senna from Antti Kalhola
[youtube]MVRK0ZZhFWY[/youtube]

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
After watching the film done by Top Gear plus the recent movie on him, he changed the perspective of Formula 1 completely..
Mika Hakkinen has always been my favorite F1 driver but after watching those films Senna is now my number 1..
:biggrin

faruck

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2011
selangor
R.i.p ayrton senna..the greatest racer in wet condition

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i always use this 2 quotes from gone heroes in motorsports:

1) being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver

2) If in doubt, flat out

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ayrton Senna you will always be in our heart, RIP

By the way, coming to you this September at your nearest cinema be sure not to miss it:

Rush Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Chris Hemsworth, Ron Howard Racing Movie HD - YouTube
Yeah, that one should also be facinating to watch.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

R.i.p ayrton senna..the greatest racer in wet condition
I'd say in the dry too. :)

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

i always use this 2 quotes from gone heroes in motorsports:

1) being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver

2) If in doubt, flat out
Those two quotes are already like a mantra.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Another nice shorter tribute.
[youtube]_5H7ajHlkHk[/youtube]

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Senna used to be my idol when I was in primary school. Up till the Imola tragedy. What a great loss.
He still hold the record for most pole position per race. Not to mentioned his prowess in the rain.
R.I.P to the great Senna.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Senna used to be my idol when I was in primary school. Up till the Imola tragedy. What a great loss.
He still hold the record for most pole position per race. Not to mentioned his prowess in the rain.
R.I.P to the great Senna.
IMHO he also still holds the record for most pole positions in the purest sense of all out speed. Because when MS broke that record, MS was already under the regulation of starting the race with the fuel you have for qualifying so MS poles at that time were not on pure pace anymore but more to strategic decisions.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone...

i thinkng...
we open out our differential housing
then we insert it with vicous liquid...
(like those found in vicous type LSD)

like this.. when slow...
example when we parking or turn slow
the differential will work like normal

when fast.. like one wheel loose control
then the liquid will 'stick' two side of wheel together...

so is it possible or not? :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience