Car short circuit

gothculture

Known Member

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
Hey guys,

I recently helped a guy jump start his car in Bangsar when it was drizzling. As he was fixing the jumper cables, he dropped one on the road (which was wet). I didn't think much of it.

After a couple of days without taking the car out, I couldn't start my car. So since the battery was about a year old I decided to have it changed and got a new one. Of course before replacing a new battery, I cleaned the connectors from the carbon residue with WD40 and wiped it dry. After replacing the battery, everything was ok except fog lights, rear brake lights, front lights all dead. After a week without taking the car out, car couldn't start. Batt dead again.

I suspect there is a serious short circuit. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? I hope it's not so serious that I need to change the ecu :(

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Expose ur engine bay under hot sun, see it help dry more components.

Last is trace parasitic drain (if problem still occur). Need multimeter with Ampere reading.
Then pull the fuse one by one until u can see drop in Amp reading.
Plan when u free, or pay mechanics to trace.
Check out you tube. Cant get you the link, i in factory. Youtube, FB blocked....:smokin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, probably one or more item short and giving parasitic leak. You will need to send to wire man not mechanic, to check.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
UncleVr, thats why i scare to wash engine bay...:afraid:
Wira, Hyundai Sonata, VR, even my chery Tiggo I wash and spray with water since ECU in passenger compartment. Contis and car with ECU in engine compartment then better be careful to seal properly before wash especially spray water....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wira, Hyundai Sonata, VR, even my chery Tiggo I wash and spray with water since ECU in passenger compartment. Contis and car with ECU in engine compartment then better be careful to seal properly before wash especially spray water....:driver:
My Lancer 4G67 also got ECU inside but then got shorted from one of the sensors due to engine wash when taken to a car wash by my dad's driver. Ever since then we never wash the engines anymore.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My Lancer 4G67 also got ECU inside but then got shorted from one of the sensors due to engine wash when taken to a car wash by my dad's driver. Ever since then we never wash the engines anymore.
Oh! VR have been washing for 17 years now, Hyundai 14 years and Chery 7 years dy......:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Oh! VR have been washing for 17 years now, Hyundai 14 years and Chery 7 years dy......:driver:
its not about how many washes...

but on how to wash only the correct spot and avoid the sensitive parts/sensor area :driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe I was unlucky but I don't want to take the risk anymore so yeah, I never do that again. I just use wipes and brush to clean my engines, apply water very carefully and never ever spray.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe I was unlucky but I don't want to take the risk anymore so yeah, I never do that again. I just use wipes and brush to clean my engines, apply water very carefully and never ever spray.
Do like my ex company the jaga. He wet cloth with kerosene then wipe his engine. He so free every night also wipe. Imagine I finger touch his engine no dust even......lol:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have some questions to ask all the sifu around here that i had a gti year 2000...
1. how to install a safc with siemen ecu???
2. what size of exhaust and how to suit for it... ori is around 2' ... what i mean is after 4-2-1 to the end???
3. i heard that some ppl said that change the ecu and head to mivec will be improve a lot... only change that 2 things??? how abt the piston and valve??? and how abt the fuel respond will be use more or least???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience