Wheels/Rims/Roda

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Hi guys,
Seems the discussion here are mostly related to tyres.
Would like to ask what "averagely" lightweight wheels brands are reputable nowadays?
Are them Advantis/Lenso/K-Speed still alive? Been out of the scene for ages.
Looking for a set of "not heavy" 17x7jj rims with the budget of RM1500+- (w/o tyres). Any to recommend?
Would you guys go for brand new Taiwanese rims or used Japanese rims (is it even possible to get with this kinda budget?).
Input input! Thanks! :wavey::wavey::wavey:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
17" for RM1500 is rather hard.

Advanti make some really light rims. They are owned by the same group that owns OZ Racing, so they are "adik OZ". And they were also used in F1.

For the price, Advanti can't be beat frankly.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Settling my eyes on Advanti Storm S1 17x7jj 4h PCD100. Anyone can point me where to get the best price for Advanti wheels?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694605 said:
Settling my eyes on Advanti Storm S1 17x7jj 4h PCD100. Anyone can point me where to get the best price for Advanti wheels?
Try those bigger tyre shops. Quicksave in USJ, Hup Shun in Sunway....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694605 said:
Just try calling some of the ads I posted above, they should be able to get that model and quote the price.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Advanti is one of the best non-Japanese-branded rim brands you can go for that's light and reasonably strong. I've tested a few other "reputable" brands and nothing beats Advanti in terms of cost vs build quality. Storm series is the lightweight series for Advanti so look at that only. And S1 is no more in production, I'd honestly be surprised if you can find S1 new for 17". I just a few months back bought the S5 17" and that's within your budget bro. But S1 looks way better though.

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Advanti is one of the best non-Japanese-branded rim brands you can go for that's light and reasonably strong. I've tested a few other "reputable" brands and nothing beats Advanti in terms of cost vs build quality. Storm series is the lightweight series for Advanti so look at that only. And S1 is no more in production, I'd honestly be surprised if you can find S1 new for 17". I just a few months back bought the S5 17" and that's within your budget bro. But S1 looks way better though.
Bro, mind telling how much you got the S5 for and where?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
S5 too many spokes but may be stronger, but hard to wash.

Your Konig sold already?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
m a v [3] r i c k;1064694648 said:
Bro, mind telling how much you got the S5 for and where?
Including tyres (PS3) 215/45/17 I got it all with trade in of my older rims for total RM2800.

S5 too many spokes but may be stronger, but hard to wash.

Your Konig sold already?

This one.

I would have preferred this one but it's already no more :

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
was told, s1's are still in production, newly available in 17" 114.3x5

personally, if i were to buy new rims, would look at advanti storm series and enkei tuning (which is enkei taiwan iirc).... but if u are looking for lightweights, look no further, storm series by advanti are probably the best bang for buck rims out there, lenso's lightweight rims cost a pretty penny last i checked.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Including tyres (PS3) 215/45/17 I got it all with trade in of my older rims for total RM2800.

This one.

I would have preferred this one but it's already no more :

10 spokes not Advanti S1 meh? S5 I google got 14 spokes.....lol

I prefer top one because will look bigger, spokes reached the rim edge and rims edge also stronger

Last edited:

[A]aronLJW

Feb 2, 2017
FYI, S1 17-inch is still in production. I'm a seller of Advanti and Lenso Rims, this I can assure you.

For those who are interested on Advanti DST Storm Series rims, can drop me a PM TQ

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How's it goin folks... quick question to all that've upgraded their car's air filter... I just installed a Hurricane air filter in my Kelisa... the problem is when the mechanic installed it, he said he couldn't screw the whole air filter system on the engine... so basically he just screwed the head of the filter tube to the engine but left everything else "loose" <-- direct quote from the Abang mechanic... did you guys also encounter this problem when you upgraded your air filters...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience