Anyone using ATR Sport tyre here ?

WilsonTHarv

Jul 14, 2016
Hi everyone , i looking to replaced my worn out tyres , budget around 150 bucks per piece for 195/55R15 size .

After some research there is few choice that falls in the range , Kumho PS31 ,Dunlop Formula D05 and ATR Sport .

I tried to look for the kumho & Dunlop but it seems quite hard to find .

While the ATR Sport is available everywhere , but the reviews on the web is not looking good , thread peeling away , burst out , terrible traction on wet and dry surface to dangerous level .

I hoping to hear from the people that are using this tyre before in Malaysia , is it so bad ?

Thanks & appreciate for any info .

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone , i looking to replaced my worn out tyres , budget around 150 bucks per piece for 195/55R15 size .

After some research there is few choice that falls in the range , Kumho PS31 ,Dunlop Formula D05 and ATR Sport .

While the ATR Sport is available everywhere , but the reviews on the web is not looking good , thread peeling away , burst out , terrible traction on wet and dry surface to dangerous level .

I hoping to hear from the people that are using this tyre before in Malaysia , is it so bad ?

This is ATR Sport or ATR Sport 2?
Tread peeling (or showing separation layer), yes I've seen that on a few cases.
Terrible traction, yes I heard this too from friends who had tried them.
Burst out I never heard though.

Top up and buy much better tires la, like the new Yokohama Advan Fleva or at least the Hankook V12 Evo2. Tires is the most important aspect of your car's handling (and therefore safety) so don't be stingy on tires!

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
I'm still using the ATR Sports tires on my rolla. Been using it for rougly 2 years...i think (can't remember though). TLDR: Good value for money. Good traction on dry and wet and can tackle corners easily.

Long version: I have been using those tires on my front wheels for quite sometime. I used to work in KL / PJ. I drove daily from Tg Malim to KL / PJ. And u can expect the punishment (and speeds) those tires have to endure on the highway.

Nowadays I don't work in KL / PJ anymore and most of the time the car is in the garage. Tires have been rather worn out from excessive usage, but still handles ok for short distances and fairly well for me on wet surfaces. And yes its still ok for me to punish it on the highway but not as excessive as before. I've given a similar review before, but just a bit lazy to find it hahah.

If you have the extra moolah, go for better tires. But if budget and availability is of concern, you won't regret the value for money offered by ATR Sport. Oh by the way, after certain usage the tires tend to get noisier. Also, maybe I was lucky hahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Try Kumho PS31, performance seems quite ok. If not, Hankook V2 Concept 2

WilsonTHarv

Jul 14, 2016
This is ATR Sport or ATR Sport 2?
Tread peeling (or showing separation layer), yes I've seen that on a few cases.
Terrible traction, yes I heard this too from friends who had tried them.
Burst out I never heard though.

Top up and buy much better tires la, like the new Yokohama Advan Fleva or at least the Hankook V12 Evo2. Tires is the most important aspect of your car's handling (and therefore safety) so don't be stingy on tires!
This is about ATR Sport .

Thanks for your opinion , im sure understand that tyre is the only rubber patch between the car and the road so it cant be ignored or taken lightly , thats why i do extensive research about these tyres before i purchase it .

Yoko V701 has been in my consideration before , but price range is over budget for me already

As these tyres are for my workhorse/daily beater , it will not see crazy speed around the bend so my requirements is :-
Price within my budget
Safe & roadworthy
Grip Performance Up to task (For safety purpose not
rollercoaster type grip)

I don't expect it to grip like RE003 or V701 anyway .

im using ATR sports for quite some time as its value for money, at least better than the stupid Toyo T1R.

I'm still using the ATR Sports tires on my rolla. Been using it for rougly 2 years...i think (can't remember though). TLDR: Good value for money. Good traction on dry and wet and can tackle corners easily.

Long version: I have been using those tires on my front wheels for quite sometime. I used to work in KL / PJ. I drove daily from Tg Malim to KL / PJ. And u can expect the punishment (and speeds) those tires have to endure on the highway.

Nowadays I don't work in KL / PJ anymore and most of the time the car is in the garage. Tires have been rather worn out from excessive usage, but still handles ok for short distances and fairly well for me on wet surfaces. And yes its still ok for me to punish it on the highway but not as excessive as before. I've given a similar review before, but just a bit lazy to find it hahah.

If you have the extra moolah, go for better tires. But if budget and availability is of concern, you won't regret the value for money offered by ATR Sport. Oh by the way, after certain usage the tires tend to get noisier. Also, maybe I was lucky hahaha
Thanks for the reply guys , really appreciate it , so i have a question , will u guys buy it again to replace the worn out ones ? :biggrin:

Try Kumho PS31, performance seems quite ok. If not, Hankook V2 Concept 2
I ask before regarding the Kumho PS31 around Rawang area , what i have been told is the tyre have reputation of being worn unevenly causing vibration & tyre pregnancy "if you know what i mean"

Hankook V2 i nvr heard or see before , thanks for the recommendations bro , really appreciate it .

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I ask before regarding the Kumho PS31 around Rawang area , what i have been told is the tyre have reputation of being worn unevenly causing vibration & tyre pregnancy "if you know what i mean"

Hankook V2 i nvr heard or see before , thanks for the recommendations bro , really appreciate it .
That should be the KU31, older model. PS31 quite new, and one friend using say not bad.

Hankook V2 concept 2 already in the market quite sometime by...

Last edited:

WilsonTHarv

Jul 14, 2016
I ask around Ampang & Rawang area tyres shop about Ecsta PS31 , they tell me they don't sell that and told me all sort of things that goes wrong with that tyres thus they choose to not sell it .

By the research done on the web the reviews are quite good and the price range suited my budget .

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I ask around Ampang & Rawang area tyres shop about Ecsta PS31 , they tell me they don't sell that and told me all sort of things that goes wrong with that tyres thus they choose to not sell it .

By the research done on the web the reviews are quite good and the price range suited my budget .
Well, any businesses for that matter, will sell or deal with what makes $$. If that model does not make much, they rather sell other brands and models. Try Hankook then......:driver:
Or you can try a new tyre brand that is cheap. I tried the higher end model in my VR and they are not bad. The tyres are Land Golden from Thailand...
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=463555
The LG17 model for your size....

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=463852
I tried the LG27

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This is about ATR Sport .

Thanks for your opinion , im sure understand that tyre is the only rubber patch between the car and the road so it cant be ignored or taken lightly , thats why i do extensive research about these tyres before i purchase it .

Yoko V701 has been in my consideration before , but price range is over budget for me already

As these tyres are for my workhorse/daily beater , it will not see crazy speed around the bend so my requirements is :-
Price within my budget
Safe & roadworthy
Grip Performance Up to task (For safety purpose not
rollercoaster type grip)

I don't expect it to grip like RE003 or V701 anyway .
If really want ATR Sport at least buy the ATR Sport 2, which already has some improvement (less compound separation). Don't buy the old first version la.

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
Was on ATR (4 x 225/45/18) and ATR 2 (2 x 225/45/18 and 2 x 235/45/18) before moving to PS4.

If you're on a budget and would like to get the best of beginner performance and comfort (which doesn't last long) then you can always give it a try.

Noise level increases over time primarily because of it being directional and harder compound. They tend to crack in between threads after more than a year of use.

Does the job unless you're a Vin Diesel wannabe on the streets. :rofl:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
im using atr sport and also atr sport 2 on my airtrek turbo.. so far no crack no peeling after few years of using.. its a good quality based on its price.. but on 150 buck per piece i would recommend to get a maxxis victra ipro.. grip as good as re003 with a cheaper price.. mind telling us what your car is?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Since you are at budget,

I got my 195/45R15 at RM110.00 at Klang ( Got it on Jan 2017, Year made middle 2016 )

Review after using ATR Sport I and II ( Size, 15, 17, 18 )
- Side of the tyre wear off faster than middle
- Wet and Dry traction ok
- After 2 years under hot sun, will have crack easily as compared to other brands.
- After 2 years under hot sun, compound will be much harder as compared to other brands.
- My friend tyre did burst even it was new
- Overall : Budget tyre, budget expectation.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Since you are at budget,

I got my 195/45R15 at RM110.00 at Klang ( Got it on Jan 2017, Year made middle 2016 )

Review after using ATR Sport I and II ( Size, 15, 17, 18 )
- Side of the tyre wear off faster than middle
- Wet and Dry traction ok
- After 2 years under hot sun, will have crack easily as compared to other brands.
- After 2 years under hot sun, compound will be much harder as compared to other brands.
- My friend tyre did burst even it was new
- Overall : Budget tyre, budget expectation.
Bro. loose_end must be taking a lot of fast corners......hhahhahahha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nano Glass Coating make sure that the windscreen is water and dirt repellent which can
improve driving safety in rain and also provide better night vision.

A little bit about the company...
Jc International
Founded in Malaysia in 1998, JC International has since grown tremendously both in scale and scope.
From Machinery and spare part trading, we have expanded into trading in speciality chemicals and consumer products; into the mixing industrial...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience