How to remove swirl mark from the black car

wsonny

Known Member

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Dear all sifu,

I had used a machine to polished my black car, but end up when under the sun i saw alot of swirl and it disaster. anything can help to restore back in lower budget type instead of sending to detailing shop

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear all sifu,

I had used a machine to polished my black car, but end up when under the sun i saw alot of swirl and it disaster. anything can help to restore back in lower budget type instead of sending to detailing shop
Bro., what machine was used and what pads and products too?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Normal polish machine wit sponge pad and soft 99
Those B&D machines? then I don't think cause by it, could be swirls from improper wash. Now you see the swirls clearer because you polish up the paint.
There are 2 ways to get rid or hide them. There are polishing products with fillers, that hides the swirl, but they will come back after a few car washes.
The other way is to use rotary machine with wool pad and stronger products to cut them away. Firstly, cutting them away means your clear coat becomes thinner and with improper wash these swirls will still come back....:smokin:
Here is a video....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxZtb2qZKDk

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you got money, Chemicalbrothers has this wax which you can hand apply which has fillers. It'll fill 80% of the swirls and hide most of it so it's pretty decent there.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think TS did it wrongly already, either press too hard on the machine, do it for too long, and/or the sponge/pad is not clean hence got obvious swirl marks now. If not sure how to do, better just go to a detailer.

wsonny

Known Member

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Those B&D machines? then I don't think cause by it, could be swirls from improper wash. Now you see the swirls clearer because you polish up the paint.
There are 2 ways to get rid or hide them. There are polishing products with fillers, that hides the swirl, but they will come back after a few car washes.
The other way is to use rotary machine with wool pad and stronger products to cut them away. Firstly, cutting them away means your clear coat becomes thinner and with improper wash these swirls will still come back....:smokin:
Here is a video....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxZtb2qZKDk
Yes I'm using the same machine, maybe is I use different pad and different product. Anywhere can I get those compound to get the swirls out?

wsonny

Known Member

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
I think TS did it wrongly already, either press too hard on the machine, do it for too long, and/or the sponge/pad is not clean hence got obvious swirl marks now. If not sure how to do, better just go to a detailer.
I like DIY tat y I would like to try out by myself 1st. Try and error is a everyone need to go thru

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I like DIY tat y I would like to try out by myself 1st. Try and error is a everyone need to go thru
Yup I also like DIY as much as I can. If successful, then got special feeling of pride & joy, but yeah often make mistakes also. I personally had done the same also like yours long time back, try to polish my self and end up making haze and swirls on the car due to the reason I mentioned above! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes I'm using the same machine, maybe is I use different pad and different product. Anywhere can I get those compound to get the swirls out?
Oh! you have the machine in the video, that is a rotary. In that case bro. 6UE5t may be right and you could have created the swirls. You can get the products from Osren, the products in the video. They are local....:driver:

wsonny

Known Member

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
ya this is the 1st time i try out.... mayb will try out wool pad or other different product

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ya this is the 1st time i try out.... mayb will try out wool pad or other different product
Bro., using a rotary have to be careful. too much pressure, going over same area too many times, overheat the paint. If you have cause swirls using foam pads, wool pads can be worse if used wrongly.
Normally to rid swirls need wool pads and some strong products, then foam polishing pads, probably with same products to polish up then with finishing pads with wax.....:driver:

wsonny

Known Member

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Bro., using a rotary have to be careful. too much pressure, going over same area too many times, overheat the paint. If you have cause swirls using foam pads, wool pads can be worse if used wrongly.
Normally to rid swirls need wool pads and some strong products, then foam polishing pads, probably with same products to polish up then with finishing pads with wax.....:driver:
ok noted....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i own a 06 Citra
my air cond was giving me problem ...when i accelerate, there is this whinning sound that goes louder as i acccelerate.
Notice when i switch off my air cond, no problem
after a while i notice, only when the compressor kicks in ...then this sound will come

Went to air cond shop in Sunway 1-2 months back, confirm compressor bearing problem, but they cant fix, just advice me take a recond set (650 including service, cleaning and new filter)
after install, tested...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience