Opti-Coat™Pro : Mercedes GLC

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

We're in Penang again for this brand new Mercedes GLC250, collected from the dealership just 1 day ago before we were appointed to come over and get her coated! But brand new, doesn't mean flawless paint condition.

Upon arrival, we spotted quite a few issues on the paint, number 1 was the watermarks.

Fuel door areas are usually covered in dirt and dust from storage.

You can even notice that slight discoloration from the dirt on the black plastic areas.

A closer look on the watermarks.

This car had been left outdoors for quite a while to have that type of watermark build up.

Even on the angled areas there were visible watermark etching.

Dirt and sand from normal driving is usually found on the rear end of the car.

Its been raining lately in Penang so road grime is very common on these areas.

We first started with the wheels and slowly moved on to cleaning other areas.

We found some weird haziness on the rear quarter panel. From even a distance you can see that haziness on the edge of the panel towards the door's gap.

A closer look revealed heavy sanding marks.

On another angle.

After a couple passes, we corrected the haziness back to a proper shiny surface.

Other areas were corrected as well due to the watermark stains.

Swirl free and watermark free surface.

On the hood

On the doors.

The wheels were not very dirty to start with.

Some light brake dust from the usual driving.

Minor build up on the lugnut areas.

You can spot the difference in tone whereby the brake dust covered area is slight brownish.

Gave the wheels a good detailed wash.

and poof, one spanking clean wheel.

After many hours of detailing and paint correction, we finished the car off with Opti-Coat™Pro as the paint protection system. Check out the wet look and glossy finish as usual.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi brother's,
Need some info bout Perdana v6's plug cable!!I'm looking for good high performance plug cables for my ride does anyone here know's where can i purchase the item coz i tried to find round Jaybee but itz very expensive and i'm not totally happy with the products.If anyone here knows where to purchase it plz kindly gimme de info thankz in advance:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience