4G18 stage one turbo set up, 0.5 bar, what size injectors to you run?

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Hi

I am trying to get together the parts I need to boost the 4g18 engine in my 2005 lancer

I will use TD04 and GReddy e-manage blue piggyback.

I understand the stock fuel injectors are 210cc, what size injectors do people running stage one boosted 4g18's run?

I saw the injectors from a 4G93Turbo are 390cc, would these be suitable and would they be a straight fit?

Also I think I would need to upgrade the fuel pump, what do people run on boosted 4G18's?

Many thanks

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
injector from 4g93t will fit... but im not sure if it is low impendance or high impendance (not sure your car running low or high type)

but it can be sorted out with some resistor pack mod....

on boost...i suggest u just run 0.4 bar which is stock wastegate direct pressure....no other boost controller needed....

for fuel pump, just go with any other aftermarket that run on turbine type of pump....no need the noisy gerotor/walbro type of pump....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
injector from 4g93t will fit... but im not sure if it is low impendance or high impendance (not sure your car running low or high type)

on boost...i suggest u just run 0.4 bar which is stock wastegate direct pressure....no other boost controller needed....

for fuel pump, just go with any other aftermarket that run on turbine type of pump....no need the noisy gerotor/walbro type of pump....
Still need to reduce compression, right?

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Still need to reduce compression, right?
I have been told no need to reduce the compression to boost a 4g18 at lower pressures below 0.6 bar, currently the 4g18 can run 91 octane fuel but after the turbo conversion will run on 95 octane which will compensate for the increase in the pressure in the combustion chamber. Will probably starting off running 0.4 bar and seeing how that goes, maybe it will be enough.

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand

thanks for the feedback, yes I agree to just run 0.4 bar stick wastegate pressure...do you know if all TD04's that have their stock wastegate intact run 0.4 bar?

I will research about the impendance rating of the injector's, thanks for highlighting that.

When you say aftermarket pump, for a turbo engine, do you know if an Evo pump would be suitable?

cheers

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have been told no need to reduce the compression to boost a 4g18 at lower pressures below 0.6 bar, currently the 4g18 can run 91 octane fuel but after the turbo conversion will run on 95 octane which will compensate for the increase in the pressure in the combustion chamber. Will probably starting off running 0.4 bar and seeing how that goes, maybe it will be enough.
Read that the compression is 9.5, so with 0.4 bar boost should be okay. Any higher better reduce compression or need to change to forged pistons....:driver:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Thanks for the replies, I will probably go with 0.4 bar using standard waste gate pressure to begin with at least, the shop in BKK said up to 0.6 would be ok, but 0.4-0.5 would be more safe. Using standard waste gate pressure will also keep the install more simple and save cost also.

cheers

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
thanks for the feedback, yes I agree to just run 0.4 bar stick wastegate pressure...do you know if all TD04's that have their stock wastegate intact run 0.4 bar?

I will research about the impendance rating of the injector's, thanks for highlighting that.

When you say aftermarket pump, for a turbo engine, do you know if an Evo pump would be suitable?

cheers
most oem turbo wastegate is rated at 0.3~0.4 bar if directly connected....

any higher boost pressure came from factory boost controller solenoid.....

as for your case to simplify and for the longevity of the engine, just connect the boost directly to wastegate for the base 0.3~0.4 bar boost pressure....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the replies, I will probably go with 0.4 bar using standard waste gate pressure to begin with at least, the shop in BKK said up to 0.6 would be ok, but 0.4-0.5 would be more safe. Using standard waste gate pressure will also keep the install more simple and save cost also.

cheers
Now say 0.4 enough, not until you experience the boost, from there you will want more.....hhahahha:biggrin:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Now say 0.4 enough, not until you experience the boost, from there you will want more.....hhahahha:biggrin:
lets see, I am aiming for a all round useable car for daily fun driving, not a racing car or drag car, if I get 160 BHP it will be 60% more than stock and the Lancer is not a heavy car.

If I was going to a track car in Asia just for fun only I would probably go for an old RWD corolla AE70 maybe with an SR20DET swap, but that is just an idea for the future if I ever have the time and money LOL

I have had turbo car's in the UK and enjoy the feeling when they get on boost even on lower pressure boosted cars.

BTW I will get a custom exhaust made up soon at a local exhaust shop soon, will de-cat (thailand regs are pretty easy going about emissions :biggrin: )

I already have a Nitto back box which I will keep, don't want it too loud, what size diameter pipe do you recommend? was thinking of 2.25 inch, with a resonator mid way through, keeping in mind that I will go turbo in the near future.

I will get a bung welded in if I want to put a wideband sensor in later, where in the pipe should this be, and what is the best thread size for this?

Also do you know anything about 'ksport' coilovers? found someone local selling some for a good price on Facebook, everyone seems to like TEIN here but they are expensive.

Many thanks

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
for 160bhp.. make sure tires, brakes, suspension is the best your pocket can afford.
Adjust driving style accordingly, took me 1 yr just to get tires, suspension and brakes to work safely.
I run stock 4g93t, boost 0.7bar.
Left the rims only. Hunting in progress. Almost got it.
i had a nightmare during sleeping after night shift. My car unable to start...:afraid:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
I guess if all goes to plan I will have similar performance to a stock JDM Lancer Cedia Wagon Ralliart Turbo which as a 4G93 GDI Turbo engine.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_details1.php

I am basically going the same or better than the spec on one of those for tires, brakes, suspension

the stock JDM ralliart runs 195/50r16 rubber but i will be running 205/45r16 for example

I am lucky because my Thai spec Lancer has pretty good brakes already, it has rear disks as standard for example, will probably go with EBC brakes rotor upgrade and use EBC greenstuff pads at first using stock calipers, later might upgrade the front calipers to Nissan skyline R33 front calipers because this is a cost effective way to get 4 pots.

To be fair I have had a few car's that were more powerful than this one will be back in the UK so I should be fine, but thanks for the advice

Hope your car gets fixed easily mate, what car is it?

cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been struggling with water stains on my windscreen & adding on driving in low light & kaboom rain -

you know by leaving yr white cars not wash for a week plus u will get stripes - like zebra - because of our acid rains, industrial fall out & esp working & staying near factory with emission fumes - I am one of the victim

this was what i have been struggling with for a long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience