CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
can...slightly easier....

but wear the transmission even more if done too many times...

Brake Boost...

Basically holding brake and pressing throttle building up the boost, then release the brake immediately to launch...
It shouldn't be designed for the driver to drive in this manner :biggrin:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
The crown imperial court at cameron have a slope that will challenge cvt gb on the exora bold.D wont do unless the driver has build momentum.If the jam is bad such as stop and go jam,D will struggle to pull full load and will exp the situation like i mention in my previous post.

There is another very short but very steep road leading to the mosque near the cameron hospital.D almost fail to make it.

Engine braking on cvt also almost non existance.
sligt improvement can be felt in L.
Even Exora Bold is struggling with steep slope? OMG.... I think it's only Proton's CVT GB that has this issue...

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
how about using SAT?
Stepped Auto Transmission (SAT) is just mimicking the feel of normal auto transmission whereby you can feel gear changes... I don't know whether it helps or not.... my gut feeling is it won't help much

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
hmm...never thought to try the SAT function on slope before.
should be the same on slope i think.
Anyone tried this before can please feedback...

Only tried the SAT function few times before and never used the button again.
Under normal driving it will 'shift' very early thus affecting the smooth drivig exp.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
hmm...never thought to try the SAT function on slope before.
should be the same on slope i think.
Anyone tried this before can please feedback...

Only tried the SAT function few times before and never used the button again.
Under normal driving it will 'shift' very early thus affecting the smooth drivig exp.
It simply means people seldom use this SAT function... I don't know why Proton created this feature though.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
It simply means people seldom use this SAT function... I don't know why Proton created this feature though.
no reason other than some ppl like to feel as if its got gears.... technically these stepped modes play basically no benefit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's no secret that Lotus is expected to introduce up to five new models at the upcoming Paris Motor Show. Among these five new concepts are two new front-engined GT models, a roadster, the new Esprit and a mystery model taunted to be a new supercar to take on the likes of Ferrari, Mclaren and Lamborghini.

Well, according to reports online, Lotus has officially confirmed the latter.

The Malaysian-owned...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience