Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RR - Rear Engine Rear Drive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
Now days Malaysia have Time Attack...:proud:
For the time attack we knows who the attack time,:adore::adore: .. but how about the car in here ...:burnout::burnout:.

FORUMER`S Give Your Sellection....:biggrin:.chilld...:driver::driver:

1. Nissan GT-R R35 ( nowdays lol ) :adore:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now days Malaysia have Time Attack...:proud:
For the time attack we knows who the attack time,:adore::adore: .. but how about the car in here ...:burnout::burnout:.

FORUMER`S Give Your Sellection....:biggrin:.chilld...:driver::driver:

1. Nissan GT-R R35 ( nowdays lol ) :adore:
2. Toyota Supra JZA80 :biggrin: :top: :top: :love:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i opt for space frame race car...

or a caterham r500 maybe :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I have one more choice :biggrin:

Shelby Ford Mustang GT500

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ariel Atom 500 or Atom 3

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
also depends on your target lap time

a few good examples of a serious time attack machine can be inspired from the current Tsukuba monsters. I think an Evo on serious steroids and weight loss can achieve low 2:20s.

conservatively, 400horses, 1100kg, race suspension, big brakes, semi-slicks should get you there, gauging from what the FD2Rs are already doing with all-NA power.

As for aerodynamics, can anyone contribute with their real findings on how your current attachments are working for you in terms of lap time?

this topic is really interesting, please post your dream setup!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

CasperR

Aug 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Out of curiosity, I wonder if someone ever drive like Jeremy Clarkson in Top Gear around SIC, drifting through corners. I think that would save a lot of time. Isn't it?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
hi casperR, not really, plus, if it were faster, they would have done that on their top gear test track all of the time. its really about precision

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Out of curiosity, I wonder if someone ever drive like Jeremy Clarkson in Top Gear around SIC, drifting through corners. I think that would save a lot of time. Isn't it?
I used to think the same as you bro. That drifting through corners is faster than cars that uses more grip through corners. I was kinda wrong, and I learnt that driving with cars that have good grip is faster through corners rather than drift.

Drifting really depends on what kind of corners. Certain corners drifting thru it may be faster than gripping thru corners but not all corners drifting is faster. Is also depends on the surface of the ground as well. What kind of surface are they racing on. Basically I think is purely depends on a proper settings of a car to be able to perform to its best.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, still learning about it :adore:

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
drifting is always slower unless in rally where its hardly / almost no grip loose gravel roads. when the need to powering in to dig in for some traction, powerslide or drifting in that aspect would be faster.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the reason ppl has to drift in racing is to overcome understeer when the tyre starts to overheat hence to avoid loosing a lot of precious seconds since the car have to go into a corner much slower due to sudden understeer....(the driver still loose time..but not too much as compared when the driver have to fight with heavy understeer)

another reason is to carry as much speed as they could in case the surface was too slippery to do hard acceleration such as in gravel/snow surface of rallying.....

*but DK reason to drift in circuit racing was to make it fun since he was faster than everyone else during a race :biggrin:

well..if one have a good mechanical/tyre grip then there's no reason to drift all the way in time attack.....(maybe a slight drift to induce a better turn-in was all a driver need in time attack)

*plus....JC drifting skill was terrible......:biggrin:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Im looking at the rota ce28 16" 8j ET20 (Deep concave) at the moment. The reason why i choose 16" its not too big neither small. My bigger concerns are,

1) does 8j rim clear my turning radius?
2) Will ET20 make the rims to come out of fender( front) and body (rear)?

I have not gone to the rims shop to do any fittings, just before i can do that, i would like to be sure of what i can and cant. your suggestions and comments in this is highly appreciated. Thanks allot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience