Exora CFE temperature hike during uphill?

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Hi bros, might need advise from sifus here on my car problem. My Exora (CFE) recently having temperature hike during uphill (no matter no/off aircond) which the root cause yet to define :(
Step had been taken/done:
1. Engine oil changed
2. Radiator pressure checked (no leaking)
3. Coolant water level checked (no need to top up since last service)
4. Fan fuse checked (no issue)
5. Thermostat changed (requested by me during 2nd visit to Proton SC)
What should I do now? The SC foreman informed me that my engine might need to open up and check for the abnormality. Should I do so or something else we should check/do before we take the last resort? Please help me :(

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Hard to check, probably need to change to test. Not sure if a higher pressure one can help.....
I'm thinking of changing the belt which pulling water pump, alternator, compressor & etc (dunno what should we call :p), is it help? The wear off belt might cause the slip and impact the water pump, not sure :confused:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm thinking of changing the belt which pulling water pump, alternator, compressor & etc (dunno what should we call :p), is it help? The wear off belt might cause the slip and impact the water pump, not sure :confused:
Is the belt very old. Yours is the multi rib V belt? If yes, usually this belt seldom slip unless very loose or harden badly...

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Is the belt very old. Yours is the multi rib V belt? If yes, usually this belt seldom slip unless very loose or harden badly...
Should be as your mentioned. I changed once before due to the belt was wear out and now my car will like jerk/lag a bit while the compressor kick in. And also the headlight will be a bit dim as well. Is it belt related or my alternator also gonna kong edy?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should be as your mentioned. I changed once before due to the belt was wear out and now my car will like jerk/lag a bit while the compressor kick in. And also the headlight will be a bit dim as well. Is it belt related or my alternator also gonna kong edy?
Compressor kick in will draw power and current too. You can try extra earth cable, might or might not help....:driver:

Last edited:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Compressor kick in will draw power and current too. You can try extra earth cable, might or might not help....:driver:
Ok bro... any other idea to solve the temperature issue

Last edited by a moderator:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Hi bros, might need advise from sifus here on my car problem. My Exora (CFE) recently having temperature hike during uphill (no matter no/off aircond) which the root cause yet to define :(
Step had been taken/done:
1. Engine oil changed
2. Radiator pressure checked (no leaking)
3. Coolant water level checked (no need to top up since last service)
4. Fan fuse checked (no issue)
5. Thermostat changed (requested by me during 2nd visit to Proton SC)
What should I do now? The SC foreman informed me that my engine might need to open up and check for the abnormality. Should I do so or something else we should check/do before we take the last resort? Please help me :(
Before you do anything major such as opening up the engine, I would suggest to check the water pump first. If you're using tap water or even tap water + coolant, there is some possibility your water pump may look like this in the long run, because of corrosion. The foremen in Proton SC may use tap water in the radiator when doing radiator service.

I'm a CFE engine user too (Suprima S). Proton OEM parts are not known to be the best in quality.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Before you do anything major such as opening up the engine, I would suggest to check the water pump first. If you're using tap water or even tap water + coolant, there is some possibility your water pump may look like this in the long run, because of corrosion. The foremen in Proton SC may use tap water in the radiator when doing radiator service.

I'm a CFE engine user too (Suprima S). Proton OEM parts are not known to be the best in quality.
Thanks for info bro... they usually use tap water + coolant during flushing and refill. If the water is like the pic condition then we should get it change right?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Water pump not changed before? How old is your car? Can be the cause too. Probably not as bad as this, but maybe worn and not pumping fast enough during high speed...

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Water pump not changed before? How old is your car? Can be the cause too. Probably not as bad as this, but maybe worn and not pumping fast enough during high speed...
My car 5yrs+ edy... should i change at sc or outside shop?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, currently I'm looking at a 2015 W176 A250 with a 70K+ mileage, would like to have some opinions on the car. Any common issue or major issue in the future for this M270 engine need to look out for ? Or should I get a brand new Honda Civic 1.5 TC with the same amount of price ? Pls advice... :adore:

I know some of you would say, might as well get the A45 instead... but for me... budget is the main issue :joycat:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience