My UK visit

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In that respect, I cant see myself being a singaporean, as car guy that isnt well off.
At least in malaysia, anyone is free to buy a 20+ year old car for RM 3-5K, without much hassle, and drive it anywhere around the country. No yearly inspections needed,unless you let the road tax lapse for 6 months or more.
Malaysia's road tax laws are stupid and restrictive though.
Only afraid when the time comes they might follow SG.....:bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
In that respect, I cant see myself being a singaporean, as car guy that isnt well off.
At least in malaysia, anyone is free to buy a 20+ year old car for RM 3-5K, without much hassle, and drive it anywhere around the country. No yearly inspections needed,unless you let the road tax lapse for 6 months or more.
Malaysia's road tax laws are stupid and restrictive though.
As a young fresh grad myself, many people told me why not consider going to Singapore. They told me about all sorts of nice things there especially the high exchange rate but when I mentioned about cars, they don't have anything to convince me back because they know how much I like cars and how I like to drive. :rofl:

Although there is an option like working there for few years, earn some money and come back to buy a car that I want but I think that few years will be very hard for me to go through since I can't drive over there. Besides, if I got used to the high salary offered over there, I don't think I will be motivated to work anymore if I come back to Malaysia. This is one thing that a friend had told me before. He said many people who worked overseas with high exchange rates find it hard to motivate themselves to work as an employee when they came back to Malaysia because the salary is much lower than what they used to earn but the workload is more or less the same.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As a young fresh grad myself, many people told me why not consider going to Singapore. They told me about all sorts of nice things there especially the high exchange rate but when I mentioned about cars, they don't have anything to convince me back because they know how much I like cars and how I like to drive. :rofl:

Although there is an option like working there for few years, earn some money and come back to buy a car that I want but I think that few years will be very hard for me to go through since I can't drive over there. Besides, if I got used to the high salary offered over there, I don't think I will be motivated to work anymore if I come back to Malaysia. This is one thing that a friend had told me before. He said many people who worked overseas with high exchange rates find it hard to motivate themselves to work as an employee when they came back to Malaysia because the salary is much lower than what they used to earn but the workload is more or less the same.
One of my family friend went to work in SG many years ago. Initially cannot get work permit, but employer still wants him, so he stayed in JB and every morning, work is sent over to him by runner. Now he is a SG citizen already......lol Like you mentioned no coming back, after tasting the success......:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I would never want to stay in Singapore. The stress and the kiasu environment is annoying. And I don't like the fact that men start their working careers very much later than women. Not being sexist but it sure makes chasing women of the same age much more difficult than normal. Imagine coming out to work and meeting women who've been working at least 3-5 years more than you - and they all look down on you for earning less than them and all that shit.

So Jay is a Caucasian eh? I think if he hangs around us long enough he'll start talking like a Malaysian too. With the lah and the slangs. Hahaha!

Reactions: alcyon

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I would never want to stay in Singapore. The stress and the kiasu environment is annoying. And I don't like the fact that men start their working careers very much later than women. Not being sexist but it sure makes chasing women of the same age much more difficult than normal. Imagine coming out to work and meeting women who've been working at least 3-5 years more than you - and they all look down on you for earning less than them and all that shit.

So Jay is a Caucasian eh? I think if he hangs around us long enough he'll start talking like a Malaysian too. With the lah and the slangs. Hahaha!
Give you chance to date younger ones mah....hhahahha

Jay need to brush yup his Thai first, got gf and need to please gf parents.......lol:biggrin:

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
so been off this forum for a while, busy with many things including helping my friend with his business, but also I had to visit UK, and this time my rental was a Smart for4 (made by Mercedes) 900 cc NA, rear engine rear wheel drive

when I told my car loving friends I rent a German car with rear engine, and rear drive they are WOW you rent a Porsche 911, unfortunately I don't have enough spare money to do that LOL

still it was not fast or powerful but fun to drive at least :)

line_1531287675075.jpg

line_1532170655957.jpg
line_1532170734384.jpg

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's a Smart-for-four? I didn't know they made new models. I thought the car died with it's previous hatchback 4G15 hideous looking thing.

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
That's a Smart-for-four? I didn't know they made new models. I thought the car died with it's previous hatchback 4G15 hideous looking thing.
Yeah, I think they made this one in partnership with Renault

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/smart/forfour

was OK, drove from London to Devon and back and also London to Yorkshire and back, was ok but did notice hill's more LOL

fun for shorter journeys

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! this model looks like a lengthen smart fortwo. The smart forfour in MY is different model.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yah! this model looks like a lengthen smart fortwo. The smart forfour in MY is different model.....

that one is older model if not mistaken.. 1300cc n.a engine or something like that...

*smartfor2 using 660t engine

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Saw a lot of it while i was in Europe. The headlights are like a baby C class. Looks good.

Reactions: jay_lancer