Hyundai Atos 1.1 M 03-04

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
few days ago my car cant start...had the tak tak tak sound, usually its the battery at fault,
so bought new batt & hoping can start as usual...it did....but the next morning same thing. next day
went to bought starter (recond), got it fixed & it started like normal.

then when reach home tried to start again the problem occured.....so brought back to mechanic
tested here & there, then finally told me that my grounding was not enuf....so i went to search for an earth cable at my usual spare part shop, he does not have it, he told me to get it from accs shop, surveyed & it costs rm180 for hks purple color, damn bloody expensive.

later on went to my previous supplier that was nearby my hse as he previously sold it for rm9 only. but found out he already closed down.
i gave up & returned to my workshop & told my mech to just make his own grounding cable, he did it & the car started like normal again.

costs incurred.
new ns40 batt RM90
recond starter RM90
workmanship to replace starter RM60.
DIY grounding cable FREE..

i was wondering, could it be just the grounding cable at fault in the beginning? if could have saved rm240.hmmm...

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
few days ago my car cant start...had the tak tak tak sound, usually its the battery at fault,
so bought new batt & hoping can start as usual...it did....but the next morning same thing. next day
went to bought starter (recond), got it fixed & it started like normal.

then when reach home tried to start again the problem occured.....so brought back to mechanic
tested here & there, then finally told me that my grounding was not enuf....so i went to search for an earth cable at my usual spare part shop, he does not have it, he told me to get it from accs shop, surveyed & it costs rm180 for hks purple color, damn bloody expensive.

later on went to my previous supplier that was nearby my hse as he previously sold it for rm9 only. but found out he already closed down.
i gave up & returned to my workshop & told my mech to just make his own grounding cable, he did it & the car started like normal again.

costs incurred.
new ns40 batt RM90
recond starter RM90
workmanship to replace starter RM60.
DIY grounding cable FREE..

i was wondering, could it be just the grounding cable at fault in the beginning? if could have saved rm240.hmmm...
could be. If battery faulty then you wouldn't hear tak tak sound in the beginning, pros please enlighten about this issue.

Btw RM90 for NS40 battery is fairly cheap. what brand you go for?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
could be. If battery faulty then you wouldn't hear tak tak sound in the beginning, pros please enlighten about this issue.

Btw RM90 for NS40 battery is fairly cheap. what brand you go for?
normally if tak tak tak sound in the beginning the 1st thing in my mind is that the batt is weak as i just gotten the car & never knew when the previous owner changed the batt.

the brand was HIROSHIMA. bought from spare part shop with 1 year warranty 1 to 1 exchange if any problem.

but had 2nd thoughts that i had a weak batt as the headlamp did not dimm & radio works fine.

zeuz

Known Member
May 7, 2005
Lan call me i tel u wat to do that ting is only cost u rm 10 seriously ctc 01116381005 can sms oso free jer no charge on u juz wan to help......tht is not a grounding trust mee i gv u 1 month or 3 wek the problem will come back if its cone back the its sure not grounding...i sudah kena before n sone other member oso kena before tis metter it is actuallt on our sensor if its tru that tis problem occur u ada lalu dalam hujan lebat....isit

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Lan call me i tel u wat to do that ting is only cost u rm 10 seriously ctc 01116381005 can sms oso free jer no charge on u juz wan to help......tht is not a grounding trust mee i gv u 1 month or 3 wek the problem will come back if its cone back the its sure not grounding...i sudah kena before n sone other member oso kena before tis metter it is actuallt on our sensor if its tru that tis problem occur u ada lalu dalam hujan lebat....isit
i had the timing belt & water pump changed yesterday & bought HKS grounding cable together, everything kau time, the car can start, my mechanic said that he added on a relay & so far can start la. let say it happens again, wat do i need to do? as u mentioned the sensor problem, how much it costs & which sensor?

anyways after the timing belt change, my car feels very sluggish, especially 2nd & 3rd gear, how come ah?

damage
GAIDO timing belt set rm120
water pump rm80
HKS grounding cable rm20
workmanship + relay rm200.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to brozz out there.
Im looking for this car. Its not stolen, i sold this car to a youngster on june 2011 n he promise me that he will make jpj inspection n transfer name, few months later i checked whether the owner do make the transfer name o not n i found out tht there is no transfer name n got summons. Road tax exp n 3 months ago my friend saw it at sunway area. Please do help me to notice the car n the owner. I cant reach him. Switch off the fon.

White color civic ek3 with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience