Weekly Fuel Price System

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
So, apparently it is confirmed that they will run on this new system instead of the previously monthly fuel price system. What do you all think about this new system? Good or bad?

For me, I think it will be troublesome for many especially those dealing with transportation and logistics. They will have a hard time trying to calculate their transportation costs with fuel prices fluctuating up and down.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
those who have to deal with it have to adapt.... no other way around it...

im waiting for waze to enable the fuel price feature they have (or was it had) overseas....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
those who have to deal with it have to adapt.... no other way around it...

im waiting for waze to enable the fuel price feature they have (or was it had) overseas....
Apparently there is a ceiling price this time and fuel stations can sell lower than the ceiling price. But I think most will just sell at the maximum allowed price anyway.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well just more difficult to keep track but it makes not much difference to normal end users like us. This is already applied in many other countries.

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Makes no difference. End user like us still have to bear with whatever brunt the cost is gonna be like. Developed countries like Taiwan and Hong Kong have the fuel price shown on a tall lighted billboard at every fuel station however the difference in price between one station to other is minimal so most will still go to the nearest to fuel up as it is not really worth to drive a distance to another station, burning fuel and time along the way just to save a few bucks.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Apparently there is a ceiling price this time and fuel stations can sell lower than the ceiling price. But I think most will just sell at the maximum allowed price anyway.
My taxi friend told me the Petronas station at KLIA sells at 2 sen lower but who in the right mind will go there to refuel unless really going there......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
It's bad, cause it doesn't follow global fuel prices. It follow Hermes Birkin release cycle. Whenever a new season releases, fuel prices will go up.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well just more difficult to keep track but it makes not much difference to normal end users like us. This is already applied in many other countries.
But we might need to be prepared for the possibility of something like 10 cents increment for 2 or 3 weeks continuously.

Makes no difference. End user like us still have to bear with whatever brunt the cost is gonna be like. Developed countries like Taiwan and Hong Kong have the fuel price shown on a tall lighted billboard at every fuel station however the difference in price between one station to other is minimal so most will still go to the nearest to fuel up as it is not really worth to drive a distance to another station, burning fuel and time along the way just to save a few bucks.
You are right. The difference between stations won't be too big anyway. Probably not even more than 10 cents. Even if there is a difference of 10 cents, it doesn't really make much difference.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But we might need to be prepared for the possibility of something like 10 cents increment for 2 or 3 weeks continuously.
Yes but it can be the other way around also, isn't it?
Honestly living in Malaysia for almost 10 yrs now, fuel price is the least of my concern coz it's still the cheapest in the region, still cheaper than my home country.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes but it can be the other way around also, isn't it?
Honestly living in Malaysia for almost 10 yrs now, fuel price is the least of my concern coz it's still the cheapest in the region, still cheaper than my home country.
True.

I won't deny about this regarding cheapest in the region. That is what I have always been telling my friends whenever they complain about rising fuel prices. But after my explanation, they are still unhappy and still wants to blame everything on G. Many of them are even saying that they want to leave Malaysia. Not sure are they serious or not.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
True.

I won't deny about this regarding cheapest in the region. That is what I have always been telling my friends whenever they complain about rising fuel prices. But after my explanation, they are still unhappy and still wants to blame everything on G. Many of them are even saying that they want to leave Malaysia. Not sure are they serious or not.
Coz for Malaysians, you all never really experience even more expensive fuel prices hence now is already expensive. Malaysia main problem now is the weak currency, if that can recover then all is pretty good actually.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Coz for Malaysians, you all never really experience even more expensive fuel prices hence now is already expensive. Malaysia main problem now is the weak currency, if that can recover then all is pretty good actually.
Highest of all should be RM2.30 like it is now. The last time I remember it is RM2.30 is during 2014 right before the new monthly fuel system being implemented.

I sure hope the currency can recover. Buying imported things is so expensive now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I plan to change the roof of my wira as it is rusting badly. I repaired it once by just replacing the top part, RM300, but it could only last a year. This time, i plan to send it to EON, where they will cut-off the top part, and place a whole new roof (RM1500). But, by cutting it, doesn't it weaken the structure?

anyone has experience in this sort of things?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience