How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If u always check your engine bay and clean it, i think it'll last. the part that is neglected the most is the undercarriage area. the exhaust piping there is very hard to reach to clean it. even if send to car detailing, they don't do the undercarriage. need to go lorry wash shop. :smokin:
I clean my engine bay quite often like every week. Should be okay except for the undercarriage part.

If rust will already have rust spot. Iron rust easily like brake disc. After wash or after rain already rust. so mild steel is better in this respect. If want, stainless steel won't rust.....lol:rofl:
Maybe change to stainless steel few years later.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/what-metal-is-the-exhaust-system-made-from

I think the 'white steel' they refer to is Aluminised Steel

On my old proton saga, these type of extractors lasted for a long time.
Thank you for the information. :biggrin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yup, my wira had a HotBit's header. Crack here and there. After patching, it cracks at another area. In the end, changed to a new aluminised header.
Damn. Was thinking of getting custom SS headers for my car. Just gonna stick with stock mivec cast iron headers then.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Here's a pic of the header I replaced recently. Since my car doesn't have a 02 sensor, they welded the port shut.

Paid 250 for it. How much did it cost you, RENESIS?

The Hotbit's unit was 1-piece. Had difficulty removing it. I asked them to cut it into 2. This is also to prevent the old header from being re-patched and later re-sold.

Attachments

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Damn. Was thinking of getting custom SS headers for my car. Just gonna stick with stock mivec cast iron headers then.
Does Mivec share the same holes as a wira 1.8? If so, I still have the original header. Look me up and you can have it for free.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Does Mivec share the same holes as a wira 1.8? If so, I still have the original header. Look me up and you can have it for free.
I'm using the stock mivec cast iron on my 93 sohc. haha. it's much more better than the stock 93 headers in terms of flow etc. Wanted to get the custom mivec style SS headers but not now laa i think.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Mine got. Maybe coz it's a single cam auto? That's the mivec cast iron headers
Mine was the original batch of C99 limited edition. No 02 sensor because it was never meant to be environment friendly. Not meant for export. Later models came with catalytic converters and 02 sensors.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@RENESIS, the original header also not stainless steel. Used for 20 years. No leaks or cracks. I had it replaced because I find the 4-2-1 tubes to be too short.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Here's a pic of the header I replaced recently. Since my car doesn't have a 02 sensor, they welded the port shut.

The Hotbit's unit was 1-piece. Had difficulty removing it. I asked them to cut it into 2. This is also to prevent the old header from being re-patched and later re-sold.
Mine cost RM265. From the labeling, I found out that it is from a Malacca manufacturer called Marco. Apparently it is an old brand.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

@RENESIS, the original header also not stainless steel. Used for 20 years. No leaks or cracks
After removing my original 18 years old manifold, I notice there is a fine crack over there. Hmm, I guess my change to 4-2-1 is right on time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2020 City goes to town with new everything, including the much torqued about 253nm i-MMD hybrid engine. Looks pretty good in its RS trim as well.

Honda Malaysia hasn't revealed much else until its official launch in Q4 but judging from the teaser car, showing off its lanewatch cam and prominent windshield cam, the City seems set to get Honda Sensing which will likely include adaptive cruise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience