MYVI Auto Gearbox Problems?

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Hi Guys,

after been searching high and low for a solution i finally have an answer for all of those who
suffer from MYVI gear box problems.

Whereby if you put into Reverse-gear then never locks straight away... then it will back fire or jerk really hard (not smooth shifts)

Or at times you put into gear but it doesnt lock.... after 5 to 10sec then only it will engage the gear and you will get a loud sound like "thud" then it catches the gear to go forward or backwards.

Well if you were to go to a workshop or Perodua workshop they will insist that the whole gear box should be changed, correct?

I have a solution,

I managed to figure out the problem and be able to save you guys loads of money.
My foreman can do this for you (actually helping him out here since he saved me so much money and helping you guys who has the same gearbox issue as i had)

Well, for Price: RM800++

Warranty: 6months free.... (+RM200) another 6months warranty so total is 1year warranty

This could end your issues.

It's a total overhaul of your gearbox instead of changing it. Plus this foreman of mine is a long time friend and also ex-perodua mech,who has branched out and opened his own shop. So he knows the in and out of it.

If there's anything do call me at 012 3311 624 or pm.

I'm returning him a favour and i know alot of you guys suffer this same problem.

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
would it void the warranty?
if yes,then need to wait till warranty finish la
Yes it would warranty as major overhaul of changing the o-rings and such would be done.

But and yet 100% cheaper then sending to perodua service center.
It depends on how you think i reckon, thanks for asking good boy.

Bump for today..

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Been really busy but BUMP for today....

Out of the last few customers, one case gearbox for Reverse could not be fixed and all money returned.

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
It's to do with a complete overhaul of gearbox bro.
Most mech wont do and ask for a new gearbox or recon to be fitted.
This meh will take the time to fix that issue.
hi bro.. understand that the gearbox need to be overhaul but wat is the "cause" which made us hav to overhaul because hardly hear gearbox need to overhaul. Is it the gearbox oil which we choose is incorrect?? is it wear & tear thingy? or i heard from perodua ppl says is gearebox "mounting" problem (which i din know gearbox got mounting).. hmmm.. :confused::confused:

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
hi bro.. understand that the gearbox need to be overhaul but wat is the "cause" which made us hav to overhaul because hardly hear gearbox need to overhaul. Is it the gearbox oil which we choose is incorrect?? is it wear & tear thingy? or i heard from perodua ppl says is gearebox "mounting" problem (which i din know gearbox got mounting).. hmmm.. :confused::confused:

Bro, i can't say much as i'm helping out a mech friend with his business on re-doing this gearbox.
All i can say is the o-rings,atf some secret method which he does get it working back to good. Most mech won't go through all the trouble of opening up the gearbox etc etc...
This guy works from home hence he takes the time to re do and make it work.
So far it has nothing to do with mounting or the gearbox bracket which they call it.

If you have these issues do give it a try with this mech. it's rm1400 for a year warranty and rm1200 for 6months bro.

Sorry for the late reply super busy with work today.

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
what sort of mileage only the Myvi auto box giving this issues? what is the problem actually? what is the cause? wrong ATF used? design issue? is this a common problem for most Myvis?

i am interested to know for own knowledge, i do have a friend with a Myvi, 6 years old now, 130K mms still no issues yet with the box. but that is only 1 example i know.

when you overhaul, what actually is or are replaced? clutch plates? valve body dirty? without detailed description, RM1400 can be expensive or can be value for money.

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
rm1400 for auto trans rebuilt is reasonable la....

if u think its expensive, then get yourself a new one around rm1x,xxx at Perodua:idea:
it is not the question of cheap or expensive here. the fact we are all here means we are enthusiasts and when we fix or modify a part, we like to know the problem also. by knowing this maybe we can prevent future issues?

what i am asking is rm1400 is to change what, fix what.

rebuilt also would be dependent on many factors. in this case rebuilt means what? what is the commonly affected part?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
it is not the question of cheap or expensive here. the fact we are all here means we are enthusiasts and when we fix or modify a part, we like to know the problem also. by knowing this maybe we can prevent future issues?

what i am asking is rm1400 is to change what, fix what.

rebuilt also would be dependent on many factors. in this case rebuilt means what? what is the commonly affected part?
i believe the price is not rm1400nett...it should be plus minus depending on the problems..

and the problems normally can be rectify only after dismantled the GB

for problem prevention in Auto trans....always make sure the ATF is replace on time, no excessive abuse of the GB. and install additional atf cooler if always drive hard

problems normally occur because owner lack of maintenance :)

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
what sort of mileage only the Myvi auto box giving this issues? what is the problem actually? what is the cause? wrong ATF used? design issue? is this a common problem for most Myvis?

i am interested to know for own knowledge, i do have a friend with a Myvi, 6 years old now, 130K mms still no issues yet with the box. but that is only 1 example i know.

when you overhaul, what actually is or are replaced? clutch plates? valve body dirty? without detailed description, RM1400 can be expensive or can be value for money.

Sorry for the late reply was away for a bit.
It depends on the usage of a particular gear box and how you use it. Some would treat it like a princess some would thrash the gear box. So it really depends on that and as far the mileage goes it will depend on your usage (my 2 cents there)

Like you have mentioned the atf oil,o-rings are all replaced, in short its a complete overhaul of the gearbox at a very cheap price. Its done by a well exprienced foreman.

You could survey and see that recon gearbox's are at 2k plus and a brand new is at 10k plus with perodua, whereas not many mech would go through the trouble to overhaul a gearbox.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

rm1400 for auto trans rebuilt is reasonable la....

if u think its expensive, then get yourself a new one around rm1x,xxx at Perodua:idea:
Yesh taiko it is cheap...

The foreman is some old guy that I'm helping out hence the repairs are done at his home.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

i believe the price is not rm1400nett...it should be plus minus depending on the problems..

for problem prevention in Auto trans....always make sure the ATF is replace on time, no excessive abuse of the GB. and install additional atf cooler if always drive hard

:) so true...its all about the tender loving care.....spend 150 or less for 4litres on your atf rather then spend thousands on a major reapir....

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

:) so true...its all about the tender loving care.....spend 150 or less for 4litres on your atf rather then spend thousands on a major reapir....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm planning on buying a Land rover Defender 110 pick up with a 1jz soon but i'm a little worried about potential problems.

I understand old landy's suffer rust issues? But what other things should i look out for?

And about the 1jz engine what normally should one check?

The car is a 1990 model, its a defender 110 pickup,auto gearbox,functional 4wd,standard engine with hks air filter and that pretty much sums it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience