4age 20v silvertop vvt solenoid can cause loss of power?

Jul 6, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys... so recently im experiencing alot of power loss with my 4age 20v silvertop..but the power loss wasn't immediate... it happened within a month and each and everyday i felt the power was getting worse.. i have a feeling that it might be something to do wit the vvt system because one of my friend encountered the same problem and found out it was the vvt solenoid faulty(or oil control valve)
i also cant feel my vvt kick in lol XD
Just wondering can a faulty vvt solenoid really cause power loss? and how do i check whether its working or not?

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Accurately saying its not power loss because the engine doesn't know how to accurately switch the VVT, its crucial so ECU would know when to activate oil flow/pressure while VVT kicks. Overtime they tends to leak cuz the o-ring worn, outter can still be replace but inner one gone case you have to get another solenoid.

Get a new one it cost over 250, you'll be surprise the proper functioning kick is so much satisfying.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience