Brembo & TRW standard range brake pads

Are they good? Anyone used or using them? Any comparison?
I'm using TRW front pads on my wife's Livina. Cheap, decent, but very dusty, more dusty than Bendix Metal King and Project Mu on my car.

Brembo I have never tried before, might consider for next change of my rear pads.

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
I'm using TRW front pads on my wife's Livina. Cheap, decent, but very dusty, more dusty than Bendix Metal King and Project Mu on my car.

Brembo I have never tried before, might consider for next change of my rear pads.
I dont really mind the dust coz the current trestor advantage i am using produce tons of dust. How is the bite compared to Metal King? I believe Project Mu should outperform the TRW easily.

Hmm cannot really compare coz it's on different cars! However compared to the original Livina pads, I feel the std is just slightly better, especially when cold.

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
Hmm cannot really compare coz it's on different cars! However compared to the original Livina pads, I feel the std is just slightly better, especially when cold.
hahaha ok ok.. i think i'll just try Brembo then. Price difference is around 20 bucks only with TRW

How much do you get for both brands? This is for Myvi is it?
Later once changed to Brembo, let us know the review.

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
How much do you get for both brands? This is for Myvi is it?
Later once changed to Brembo, let us know the review.
Yes myvi. The spare part shop ran out of stock for Brembo for my car at the moment. And then the taukeh asked me to try TRW and said they r more or less the same. TRW cost RM45 and Brembo cost around 65-70ish. Both prices are excluding GST. Then I asked the taukeh to order Brembo for me

Will try try and give feedback here

Yes myvi. The spare part shop ran out of stock for Brembo for my car at the moment. And then the taukeh asked me to try TRW and said they r more or less the same. TRW cost RM45 and Brembo cost around 65-70ish. Both prices are excluding GST. Then I asked the taukeh to order Brembo for me

Will try try and give feedback here
That's cheap, I think I paid much more than that (like rm90 or something) for the Livina, but including labor already. Anyway I might not use this TRW anymore in the future coz I suspect it seems to eat the disc a bit more than normal, but I cannot confirm yet coz only a few months using (still less than 5k km I think). I'm also thinking to change to Brembo next time.

Try Bendix Ultimate leh......:biggrin:

ADVICS

Best brake pads for street driving
+no dust
+grips from cold

Don't touge down Genting, I don't know how well it fares to brake fade.

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
Can try HAWK brand too.
So far so good, no fade on hot. Dusty, but i don care.
HAWK? Local brand?

Try Bendix Ultimate leh......:biggrin:
Dont want ultimate la...i drive in the jam most of the time. Cant afford the absence of cold bite haha

ADVICS

Best brake pads for street driving
+no dust
+grips from cold

Don't touge down Genting, I don't know how well it fares to brake fade.
Then tak mau already...im looking at something not too far away compared to Trestor Advantage. Well actually i might try AFI Magnum or Magnum Extra Mu coz unfortunately brembo dont produce for myvi lagi best model.

http://www.afibrake.com/products-services

HAWK? Local brand?

Dont want ultimate la...i drive in the jam most of the time. Cant afford the absence of cold bite haha

Then tak mau already...im looking at something not too far away compared to Trestor Advantage. Well actually i might try AFI Magnum or Magnum Extra Mu coz unfortunately brembo dont produce for myvi lagi best model.

http://www.afibrake.com/products-services
For Myvi, touge bulu meh. The car will fly off the cliff before the brake fades, cause the car can't keep up with the corners.

NAZA Quest Sdn Bhd (Under the NAZA Group of Companies) is the official distributor for Chevrolet vehicles in Malaysia and is organising a pre-registered Chevrolet Captiva get-together session mainly for the sole purpose of offering them up for a bargain!

<!--more-->Naza Quest has indicated...