Mods for my 1.3 satria

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hey peeps,new here btw.Welp i started this thread do get some opinions and also help on mods for my 1.3 satria.I know I know,it’s a 1.3 and I would be wasting much money on doing mods and might as well use that money for a 4g63 or such,but the thing is I want to maintain the 1.3l engine and also mainly because my dad isn’t allowing me to buy a new engine( he keeps on telling me the current engine is still in pristine condition bla bla bla).So I approach you shifu’s with humble request on your wise words.For the mods,budget can be discussed later on,I just wanna focus on what mods I gotta do to gain some extra HP.Thanks those reading this and providing your knowledge.Happy touge ;)

PS:I touge and do some highway runs from time to time( and lose) so another reason why...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Try it out with a 4-2-1 extractor first. That should help to improve your torque starting from around 2500rpm to 4000rpm.

Other than mods, making sure that everything in your engine runs fine is important too as you will be losing a lot of original engine power if the things are not working well. For example, making sure that your ignition timing settings from your distributor is correct is important. Previously, I did not know that my timing is actually incorrect until my mechanic adjusted it back again for me. Just with this alone, the whole engine feels different especially when it comes to torque. Consider using a good fully synthetic engine oil instead of mineral oil for better engine performance.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Try it out with a 4-2-1 extractor first. That should help to improve your torque starting from around 2500rpm to 4000rpm.

Other than mods, making sure that everything in your engine runs fine is important too as you will be losing a lot of original engine power if the things are not working well. For example, making sure that your ignition timing settings from your distributor is correct is important. Previously, I did not know that my timing is actually incorrect until my mechanic adjusted it back again for me. Just with this alone, the whole engine feels different especially when it comes to torque. Consider using a good fully synthetic engine oil instead of mineral oil for better engine performance.
I would say that that is a good start.I haven’t done a full check on the engine yet I usually just send it to the usual service but never had it ever come to my mind that I should check to see if everything is running fine.Alrighty.What about if I tried doing a dyno? Haha might sound cheesy but I’ve been wanting to do a dyno to see how much power it still has but too afraid the mechanic might reject or chase me out from the shop HAHAHHAHA

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I would say that that is a good start.I haven’t done a full check on the engine yet I usually just send it to the usual service but never had it ever come to my mind that I should check to see if everything is running fine.Alrighty.What about if I tried doing a dyno? Haha might sound cheesy but I’ve been wanting to do a dyno to see how much power it still has but too afraid the mechanic might reject or chase me out from the shop HAHAHHAHA
Not much point of doing a dyno now. Better spend the money on getting back the engine to operate at its peak/ideal condition first then only start improving/modding from there. One important point to take note on old engines would be to solve all kinds of leaks especially oil leaks first. Get those sorted out first regardless of how minor they seemed to be.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Alright man I see what I gotta first before stepping into the mod phase.Thanks for the wisdom.Ill make sure to keep posted about the progress on my car and before I start modding it.Thanks once again!! :))

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope, since you are going to pay him for the dyno, why would he chase you out. You are still a customer mah!.....lol:biggrin:
Anyway, if he does ask you why, just say I am thinking of modding the car so I would like to know the base power now and later after my mod, what is the increase (if any).....lol:biggrin:

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hmmm,seems like a fair reason to allow me for a dyno.Also roughly how much would it cost for a dyno? I have to know how much power my car has

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hii all....

Currently i'm using Michiba 4350K/55w (Super White) bulbs in my headlamp. However, izzit will damage the plastic cover and reflector of the headlamp (plastic type) for long term use??Hope someone can give advice. :angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience