Viking Tyres launched in Malaysia

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Just to update on my Viking City Tech 5 mounted on std BLM rim and of standard size after a trip to JB last Saturday.

Its less than 20k km but the noise is getting worse.Pounding noise that is.
Was travelling at 140-150 at times and really regret buying it over XM2. Once slowed down to legal speed the regret feeling is gone...heheh

On the way back its was raining quite heavy and a bit surprised as the tire performed quite well on straight line, almost just like my old XM2.Lane change is where the weakness is revealed.It never provide the assurance thay XM2 can give.

Guess it is sufficient to handle the BLM and my wife driving style. Not suitable for even slight naughty driving.
U wont se my Waja's rim shod with Viking for sure.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just to update on my Viking City Tech 5 mounted on std BLM rim and of standard size after a trip to JB last Saturday.

Was travelling at 140-150 at times and really regret buying it over XM2. Once slowed down to legal speed the regret feeling is gone...heheh

On the way back its was raining quite heavy and a bit surprised as the tire performed quite well on straight line, almost just like my old XM2.Lane change is where the weakness is revealed.It never provide the assurance thay XM2 can give.

Guess it is sufficient to handle the BLM and my wife driving style. Not suitable for even slight naughty driving.
Note that your wife would likely be less skillful than you, so shouldn't you actually equipped her with even better tires to compensate and make the car even safer with better handling?? :) That's the reason I fit my wife's Livina with big 225/45/17 Hankook V12E2 and PS3.

I'm always of the opinion that the lesser the driver skill the more important the tires become. The more skillful the driver is, the more he/she can compensate or accommodate crappier tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: YEBWOY27

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

That bad? I'm currently on Viking City Tech for my rear tyres, but I guess I don't really feel much difference as they are on rear.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think for cheap tires, Bridgestone ECOPIA better than this brand....