Comfort and Silent Tyres : MC5 / CC6 / Others

tonyy2999

Mar 28, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Hi mates,

My tires size bit weird 235/45/R18.

Michelin 3ST no my size.

I had used Michelin PS3 and Yokohama Advan DB V551 before. The performance tyres really not my cup of tea, not suitable for my daily driving style. I prefer comfort and silent ride. You may skip promoting the performance tyres range.

I am looking for comfort and silent tyres for my ride.

So far, from the forum i only manage to source the below for comfort tyres:

Conti MC5 - Good?
Conti CC6 - Seems like not in production yet, not sure has my size not?
3ST - no my size, this should be the best and also the most expensive, no choice, passed.

Really need expert advice from all sifus here. Thanks in advance.

Good day.:driver:

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi mates,

My tires size bit weird 235/45/R18.

Michelin 3ST no my size.

I had used Michelin PS3 and Yokohama Advan DB V551 before. The performance tyres really not my cup of tea, not suitable for my daily driving style. I prefer comfort and silent ride. You may skip promoting the performance tyres range.

I am looking for comfort and silent tyres for my ride.

So far, from the forum i only manage to source the below for comfort tyres:

Conti MC5 - Good?
Conti CC6 - Seems like not in production yet, not sure has my size not?
3ST - no my size, this should be the best and also the most expensive, no choice, passed.

Really need expert advice from all sifus here. Thanks in advance.

Good day.:driver:
Bro., Advan dB V551 is comfort and quiet tyre, not performance. Performance model is Advan V105 and V701
Coming back to the tyres, you are using 45 series ultra low profile tyres, therefore the ride will be a little on the bumpier side. For ride to be comfy higher sidewall will be preferred.

After checking the comfort quiet tyre range looks like most don't have your size, namely Advan V551, Michelin P3ST, Goodyear Efficient Grip, Toyo C1-S and even Bridgestone GR-100.
The tyres I found have your size is Michelin Primacy HP and Yokohama BluEarth AE-50.

Conti MC5 I don't find them quiet and CC6 are entry level tyres, maybe you can try UC6 their new tyres, but I cannot find their sizes from their website, maybe too new....:driver:

tonyy2999

Mar 28, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
you are right Vr2turbo, this is weird tyres size.
Michelin Primacy HP is so expensive.
Comfort tyres normally does not have such low profile 45 size. REally headache everytime i want to change tyres.

Not sure if the UC6 comfort and noise level. Still not in production i guess.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Comfort tyres normally does not have such low profile 45 size. REally headache everytime i want to change tyres.

No worry, you in good hand. Uncle VR will try his best. :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

You using 18" size and complaining expensive? Downgrade to 17" la if you can't afford tyres. Primacy is the best in this comfort quiet class. Super soft sidewalls guarantees comfortable ride. Soft tyre compound means pretty decent grip. Fat chunky drainage and unique designs make the ride reasonably quiet.

What car do you drive anyway?

tonyy2999

Mar 28, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Izso,
If it is so easy, i will not post here already.
My car still under warranty, so i want to keep the original size.
It is not i cannot afford, if i can buy a brand new 2.4 Honda Accord, 4 pcs of tyres will not burn a hole in my pocket.

But based on my experience : expensive tyres does not mean suit my needs.

The reason i dunno want to go back to Yoko DB V551 is mainly because the tyres is damn difficult to find in Malaysia, it always giving me problem when i want to replace one or two due to some emergency.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
if i can find a lesser price tyres that suit my need, why should i pay more?
You pay for what you get. Quality doesn't come cheap. Stock is 18"? Wow.. Lancer? What car has such poor sound proofing that you need quiet tyres to compensate?

The issue here is you have requirements and on top of that you have a budget. Comfort and quiet is more difficult to source than performance tyres.

tonyy2999

Mar 28, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
9th generation honda accord 2.4

original set come with the car was Micheline PS3, i used it for a year then changed to Yoko V551

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
9th generation honda accord 2.4

original set come with the car was Micheline PS3, i used it for a year then changed to Yoko V551
Nice car! Surprised you find it noisy though. And you swapped out PS3s for V551? Wow... I hope you're not a fast driver, those V551s aren't nearly as grippy as the PS3. Let's just wait for vr2turbo to reply your "where to buy" inquiry. He's the tyre guy.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If expensive is out, the Conti, Michelin and Pirelli will be out....lol

UC6 is just out, probably limited sizes at the moment

You using 18" size and complaining expensive? Downgrade to 17" la if you can't afford tyres. Primacy is the best in this comfort quiet class. Super soft sidewalls guarantees comfortable ride. Soft tyre compound means pretty decent grip. Fat chunky drainage and unique designs make the ride reasonably quiet.

What car do you drive anyway?
Actually fat chunky drainage will be noisy......lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Izso,
If it is so easy, i will not post here already.
My car still under warranty, so i want to keep the original size.
It is not i cannot afford, if i can buy a brand new 2.4 Honda Accord, 4 pcs of tyres will not burn a hole in my pocket.

But based on my experience : expensive tyres does not mean suit my needs.

The reason i dunno want to go back to Yoko DB V551 is mainly because the tyres is damn difficult to find in Malaysia, it always giving me problem when i want to replace one or two due to some emergency.
I think is because they are now bringing in the BluEarth range. Model: AE-50

You pay for what you get. Quality doesn't come cheap. Stock is 18"? Wow.. Lancer? What car has such poor sound proofing that you need quiet tyres to compensate?

The issue here is you have requirements and on top of that you have a budget. Comfort and quiet is more difficult to source than performance tyres.
Actually can get, but not his tyre size and more over is 45 series......:smokin:

Last edited:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
You can try Hankook ventus S1 noble 2 as mentioned by VR sifu. My colleague installed them and happily with it for his peugeot 3008. Each donut cost him around RM360 inclusive GST for his 17 inches. Maybe you can look for bridgestone turanza series but they're not cheap.

tonyy2999

Mar 28, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
in fact, i used the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 before.

3 months ago, i installed 4 S1 Noble2, but few weeks ago, when i go for tyre balancing, the foreman show me one of the front tyre side wall cracked from the rim side to the center of the side wall. They said i hit something, but i just driving to work and back daily using normal road only.

They pursuade me to change the front 2 tyres to Hankook Prime2 K115 (cause the S1 Noble2 no more stock), charged me RM500 x 2 = RM1,000, and worst no trade in allowed (I felt like kena con, will never go back to the shop). This is emergency, just have to take it and this will be the last time buying from them.

Actually i like the S1 Noble2, very quiet and comfy ride until the incident. No confident to use them again.

I am not sure is this an isolated case or the quality of the tyre or whether the crack is accident or man made (cause i am a gentle driver, plus i check my tyre pressure weekly).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have a few question about exhaust gas temp issue.

1. May i know, normally under wat reason will cause exhaust temp raise?

2. some plp said EGT gauge can also act like a afr gauge. how true is that?

3. if so, can i said having EGT gauge is better thn having normal narrow band afr gauge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience