Car exhaust

eques

Oct 14, 2017
petaling jaya
Hey guys, I just want to ask if all exhaust pipes and muffler are compatible with all car. Because I plan to buy these parts from China then find some workshop to do assembling. Heard cheaper this way haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There's no such thing as "compatible". You need to know the size, length, type of material you want for your exhaust then only buy accordingly. Then there's the muffler design, resonator design, manifold design, catalytic converter type and design, etc.

eques

Oct 14, 2017
petaling jaya
There's no such thing as "compatible". You need to know the size, length, type of material you want for your exhaust then only buy accordingly. Then there's the muffler design, resonator design, manifold design, catalytic converter type and design, etc.

So lets say i want to buy one exhaust from china , how do i do so ? i mean how do i know if i can install it in my car without problem. Because buying valvetronic straight from malaysia store quite expensive compare with me buying straight from their supplier

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So lets say i want to buy one exhaust from china , how do i do so ? i mean how do i know if i can install it in my car without problem. Because buying valvetronic straight from malaysia store quite expensive compare with me buying straight from their supplier
You need to know the pipe diameter also. Can you buy from China for a specific car model? Exhaust being long and pretty huge, the shipping will be costly too. Not all exhaust are plug and play and may require welding....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Depends on what type of muffler. Certain muffler design only fits certain car like for example, Amuse R1 Titan for 350Z can only fit that car. You can't really fit that exhaust to our common cars over here like Saga, Wira, Vios, Kancil, etc. Some muffler design are more standard looking and those can probably fit into more cars.

As for exhaust piping, you need to get one that is suitable for your car as different model have different kinds of exhaust piping. Unless you can find the exhaust muffler and exhaust piping in China for the exact same model as your car, you might have some problem equipping the exhaust system to your car.

eques

Oct 14, 2017
petaling jaya
Pay 9k to sound like......:banghead:

I spend 9k on my VR, double up my oomph.....hhahhahhah:rofl:
Sorry brother, I need those sound cannot put in v type engine at least can sound like one haha

Anyway for your vr do you think it's compatible on my. Polo hatchback? And how's your turbo? If install need to change bigger piston ah?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Look, with China anything is possible (in the negative sense). So expect a lot of customization if you import from China. Just get the right header design you want (assuming you're changing that), get the right diameter and prepare a budget to have someone locally custom fit it for you.

Done deal.

But I don't know why you'd want to do that though. How cheap is cheap? I go Ampang and there are reputable shops there that sell exhausts for a fraction of the price of Sunway shops.

eques

Oct 14, 2017
petaling jaya
Look, with China anything is possible (in the negative sense). So expect a lot of customization if you import from China. Just get the right header design you want (assuming you're changing that), get the right diameter and prepare a budget to have someone locally custom fit it for you.

Done deal.

But I don't know why you'd want to do that though. How cheap is cheap? I go Ampang and there are reputable shops there that sell exhausts for a fraction of the price of Sunway shops.

about rm500 for catback .. locally assemble / wielding cost less than rm100 in my housing area , so which shop in ampang do you recommend ? maybe i straight go there easier and cheaper.

eques

Oct 14, 2017
petaling jaya
later buy, package arrives. extractor not ngam, piping 2" go into 4" out to 3.5" muffler. :rofl:
haha i dont know much about exhaust. My family doesnt really support me being a ricer .. considering im modding my car looks and waiting for warranty to be over before touching the engine and ecu . And my family doesnt mod car in general :bawling::bawling:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Done deal.

If need custom fit, may cost well over his budget.....hhahhahhah:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Please teach me how to modify all types of car including :
a)engine
b)suspension
c)tyres
d)aerodynamics

Please also tell me where to get those part with reasonable price...
Thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience