My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Welcome, and cheers for viewing my build thread! I bought this car in May '15 and didn't really plan on doing any mods to it, but as we all know, things often don't stay standard for very long. I've always liked these cars, so when I finally had the chance to buy one I opted for this '06 SX6 Sportivo model.

It came with 18" TRD wheels, but apart from that it was all stock. It's not very often you see modified Aurions here in New Zealand so it leaves people wondering what the hell it is, while still blending in as a family sedan at the same time. The car now wears 19x9.5" Vertini Magic concave wheels, along with an array of other mods that contribute to the overall look of the build.

This post will stay updated with the most recent mods & photos, but the rest from post #2 onward are in chronological order.

So far the spec list is as follows:

Engine:
* Stock 2GR-FE V6 3500cc 24v Dual VVT-i engine.
* Custom made 3" cold air intake setup.
* Simota extra long pod filter behind LH fog light.
* Potent Booster throttle controller.
* Aurion 2012+ GSV50 full metal VVT-i oil line.
* Aurion 2012+ GSV50 full metal oil cooler line.
* TRD style billet aluminium oil cap.
* Custom bronze carbon fiber wrapped engine cover.
* Large 2L polished aluminium oil catch tank.

Exterior:
* Aftermarket ducktail roof spoiler.
* Carbon fiber bumper lip extension.
* Aftermarket colour coded reversing camera.
* Aftermarket concealed front bumper camera.
* Genuine Toyota optional towbar & wiring.
* Genuine Toyota optional weathershields/monsoons.
* 35% opacity window tint.
* Bodykit Kingdom headlight eyelids.
* CREE LED headlight, park light and fog light bulbs.
* Chrome trim around fog light surrounds.
* Aftermarket red 'Heat Emblem' in Toyota boot badge.
* Aurion 2012+ GSV50 'AURION' 1-piece rear boot badge.
* 2009+ Toyota Landcruiser Prado 'V6 Dual VVT-i' sticker.
* 'V6 24 VALVE' stickers on rear doors.
* Aftermarket Japanese Mitsuba Alpha dual front horns.
* Lexus GS450h engine bay horn for factory alarm system.
* Personalized license plates - 00 01 00.
* Facelift Aurion extra-long license plate bracket.
* Carbon wrapped Euro style license plate frames.
* Smoked vinyl wrapped lower tail light sections.
* LED rear bumper reflectors.

Interior:
* Eonon GA5164F Android GPS/USB/Bluetooth headunit.
* Aftermarket Bluetooth mic mounted in roof console.
* Genuine Toyota optional LED blue footwell lights.
* Toyota Blade Master G leather steering wheel.
* Lexus IS-F genuine Magnesium working paddle shifters.
* Genuine Toyota optional carbon fibre steering wheel logo insert.
* Custom bronze carbon fibre wrapped centre console.
* Custom bronze carbon fibre wrapped A/C controls.
* Aurion ZR6 silver door trim and chrome handles.
* Chrome trim around silver dashboard inserts.
* Aurion Grande carpeted centre boot trim.
* Genuine Toyota optional rubber moulded boot tray.
* Aftermarket 6x9 to 6.5" front speaker adapter pods.
* Lexus GS450h Mark Levinson 6.5" front speakers.
* Aftermarket white LED door courtesy light units.
* Aurion Grande auto dimming rear-view mirror.
* Valentine One radar mirror mount & hardwire kit.
* Novatek A118 HD dashcam concealed behind mirror.
* UltraGauge OBDII display unit (speed, RPM, temps etc).
* Altezza aluminium footrest pedal (to match OEM pedals).
* Carbon fiber dash vent surrounds.

Wheels/Suspension:
* 19"x9.5" (32p) Vertini Magic Concave alloy wheels.
* 225/40/19 tyres (front) & 235/35/19 tyres (rear).
* Rolled rear fenders.
* Rays chrome wheel nuts and lock nuts.
* SPC 17mm front camber bolts.
* SPC 15mm rear camber bolts.
* Znoelli dimple drilled/slotted rotors front & rear.
* Bendix GCT stealth brake pads.
* PBR brake calipers painted red.
* Dobi Sport SL springs (front), King Spring SL springs (rear).
* Aftermarket shocks & swaybar links.
* Alutec aluminium front strut brace.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow! the super low springs really super low......:driver:

2006 model is almost 10 years old. Interior and engine so clean like brand new.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nice pictures but your previous corolla was more interesting. Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo is similar to own local Camry.....:smokin:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
The Aurion got some attention in the weekend, starting off with wrapping the center console in a bronze/gold carbon fiber vinyl. The console had to be disassembled in individual pieces to be wrapped properly, so lining up the stripes was a bit of a pain, but with a bit of patience the end result was worth it.

Continuing on with the carbon theme, I chucked this billet aluminium TRD style oil cap on. I really like the design of this cap, and although it's purely aesthetic, I think it compliments the rest of the engine bay nicely.

After wrapping the center console, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try and wrap one of my spare engine covers. Well, lets just say it was considerably more difficult than the console, and cutting around the non-removable letters wasn't fun, but the end result looks pretty sweet so the effort paid off :)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2turbo : Our local camry doesn't have 3.5L displaced goodness....

Nice car mate!
I know. That comment was when he posted the exterior pictures of the car. The latest post of the engine totally different loh.....hahhaha :driver:

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Thanks guys :biggrin:

I may as well post these photos I took today of my partner's 2004 Toyota Wish while I'm here too :)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Always amazed by your passion since. Ever since the corolla times. Camry has always been associated to the "softer" side as opposed to Accord, the more "sporty" mid sedan. In our country, it is known as an uncle car to some. But you really managed to transform the car inside out. Nice carbon wraps. Those are not cheap around here and not easy to get right.

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
Always amazed by your passion since. Ever since the corolla times. Camry has always been associated to the "softer" side as opposed to Accord, the more "sporty" mid sedan. In our country, it is known as an uncle car to some. But you really managed to transform the car inside out. Nice carbon wraps. Those are not cheap around here and not easy to get right.
Thank you. I appreciate the fact that you've followed me over the years, and even into my new projects :). I suppose the difference between countries when it comes to the Camry is that over here the Camry looks a lot different in the front and rear, so it's very easy to distinguish from the Aurion, whereas overseas the Aurion is essentially slapped with a Camry badge and left in the corner to be designated as an old man's car :laugh:. Over here they only ever came with the 3.5L V6, and in Australia even came out as a Limited Edition TRD version with a Supercharged engine, which is sadly something that was never offered here and only made in very limited numbers.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If a Camry were to tease me from behind here in Malaysia,i will gladly show the drive what level of uncleness his Camry is. If i saw your Camry/Aurion on my rear view mirror,I will gladly indicate to let you pass without hassle...thats how much 'respect' i have for that 6 piston you have under the hood.

Super low springs do live up to its name....

If a Camry here were to be done up like that we will think the uncle is having mid life crisis.Thats how deep the Camry is in the uncleness syndrom here.Dunno how to put it but the way u mod it makes it lose its uncle appearence and gave it a gentleman look.Nice...The v6 under the hood helps a lot though..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To begin with we don't have the V6 here, but then it will be too expensive to mod the V6 here.....lol Moreover the model here are not performance model....

Kiwi-Corolla

Known Member
Jul 27, 2010
New Zealand
If a Camry were to tease me from behind here in Malaysia,i will gladly show the drive what level of uncleness his Camry is. If i saw your Camry/Aurion on my rear view mirror,I will gladly indicate to let you pass without hassle...thats how much 'respect' i have for that 6 piston you have under the hood.

Super low springs do live up to its name....

If a Camry here were to be done up like that we will think the uncle is having mid life crisis.Thats how deep the Camry is in the uncleness syndrom here.Dunno how to put it but the way u mod it makes it lose its uncle appearence and gave it a gentleman look.Nice...The v6 under the hood helps a lot though..
Haha, thank you. A lot of people here don't really know what an Aurion is because it's not very often you see them on the road, so they mostly think they're the same level of performance of a Camry. The look on their faces soon changes when I put my foot down though :biggrin:. The crazy part is that they even have more power than an Evo 7, but their 'uncle-like' appearance throws everyone off guard :proud:

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Happy holidays everyone!! :D

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha, thank you. A lot of people here don't really know what an Aurion is because it's not very often you see them on the road, so they mostly think they're the same level of performance of a Camry. The look on their faces soon changes when I put my foot down though :biggrin:. The crazy part is that they even have more power than an Evo 7, but their 'uncle-like' appearance throws everyone off guard :proud:
Sleeper car is good, as they least expect you unleash your power......lol:driver:

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.anyone here have install adjustable fuel regulator on your viva..please share with me how you did that..thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience