Kancil L2 turbo check engine light after removing power steering rack

Lesley Fung

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
i send my car for overhaul and because of the mira power steering rack got problem (motor not functioning and got some free in the rack)
i replace with a new kancil non power steering rack
after all job done the problem is got check engine light

the mechanic check all the sensor connection and he said is the power steering because im not using the mira power steering rack since got connection from engine ecu to the mira power steering computer box

my question is "is there are any method to cheat the engine ecu so that it detect we are still using the mira power steering rack?"
or anything need to bypass or modify something in the ECU?
so that the check engine light (CEL) will off because CEL causing irritating

kindly contact me or whatsapp 0168326248

thank you :banghead::banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've never heard of a ECU that detects the condition of the power steering except for those more modern cars that control the weight the power steering but those 99% of the time are electronic power steerings.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've never heard of a ECU that detects the condition of the power steering except for those more modern cars that control the weight the power steering but those 99% of the time are electronic power steerings.
Yup, have to be electronic if not how to hook up to ECU?:confused:

Lesley Fung

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
Yup, have to be electronic if not how to hook up to ECU?:confused:

Mira L2 and L2s and L5 are electrical power steering. That's why they need RPM signal from ECU. When high RPM, the motor will off by itself for safety purpose...

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Mira L2 and L2s and L5 are electrical power steering. That's why they need RPM signal from ECU. When high RPM, the motor will off by itself for safety purpose...
if what u say is true, means the ecu cant detect power steering sensor, maybe if u remove the sensor from the rack & connect it back to the cable point it might solve the problem. definitely u have to waterproof them sensor if not got wet will become problem too. just my 2cent thought though.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if what u say is true, means the ecu cant detect power steering sensor, maybe if u remove the sensor from the rack & connect it back to the cable point it might solve the problem. definitely u have to waterproof them sensor if not got wet will become problem too. just my 2cent thought though.
But now he is on non power steering. Even got sensor no signal?

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
I was thinking whats left is oni the cable that connect to the "sensor that is attached to the motor on the rack". tats why no signal to ecu so need to take the sensor out from motor & attached it back to the cable. if it works than need to cover the sensor @ put sumwhere near dashboarb

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I was thinking whats left is oni the cable that connect to the "sensor that is attached to the motor on the rack". tats why no signal to ecu so need to take the sensor out from motor & attached it back to the cable. if it works than need to cover the sensor @ put sumwhere inside cabin.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
or try resistor mod trick at the socket....try google for that info..should be plenty of that trick for mira on overseas people too

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have the folowing problem. I have bouth the alarm a cupple jears ago.(4jears) at a dealer in holland. it was installed in a old corsa.(wife's car) when the car went to the junkjard i removed the alarm.
In this time i moved to a diverend house. so the original box and munual where trown away by my wife!:banghead:

I whent back to the dealer for a new manual so i could install it in my own car. unfurtuntly the dealer dousn't exist anymore.:mad:

I tride to find the manufacter of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience