Project "Kermit"

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
What started out as an Electric Blue '03 Cooper S, running 17" BBS RK's is now getting a make over. It was feeling a little bit dated so I thought a refresh would be good.

This is what it looked like before. It's a bone stock daily driver with some decals. The union jack on the roof was done by MotorsportPlayground.

So then Project "Kermit" begins. I chose to go with the Lamborghini green "Verde Ithaca", hence why "Kermit". *laughs*

So off it went to the paint shop...

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw it with the color. It didn't really look good. I went home thinking, what have I done! But it grew on me after I had a few other things done.

So far, this is what that has been done. I had all the roof and chrome bits blacked out. A JCW front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts were fitted.

Door handles, the badges will have to be blacked out as well. I was supposed to fit the carbon fiber door handles, gas cap and head light surrounds but right now, looks like many of the parts do not fit well so I am not taking the risk. Might as well black everything out first and see what fits over it later.

The Cooper S grills have been blacked out too, leaving the S chrome to stand out. Will be getting some black out side signals and LED's to compliment it.

The rims have been powder coated black. I took the liberty of spraying the calipers bright red as well.

Joey moded the face lifted lights. It's not complete yet, I want to black out the round bit surrounding the projector ballast at the top as well.

Face lifted the tail lights as well with a twist, they are LED's. Will have to black out that chrome surrounding bit too...

Replaced the third brake light with a blacked out one. It runs LED's now too and they are super bright.

So far I think it's coming along pretty nicely.

Any other suggestions?

more pictures here.

Attachments

Last edited:

rempojo

Known Member
Oct 23, 2010
Kajang
nice werk

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
so green goblin vs kermit, take ur pick whos gonna win!

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Tom would be proud
Have actually been getting Tom's opinions prior to this. *laughS* He's very in the loop about it. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

anything done under the hood?:smokin:
Right now still bone stock! Planning to do some though...
I won't go to crazy on the power mods. Probably just stage 1 stuff as I still will be using this as a daily driver. Most likely will go for a cold air intake, extractor down pipe and remove one of the two boxes before the exhaust. I think they call it the "One Ball" mod.
Thinking of going for the supercharger pulley, coil pack, ignition cables and spark plug upgrades as well.
Some Tein springs are on the way to give the car a lower and more aggressive stance.
Was also thinking of some strut bars, under carriage bars and anti-roll bars to tighten handling.

Other than that, it would be kept pretty stock. I didn't want to spend so much as this is a pretty old car and so far what's been done is already 10% of the car's market value. The face lift headlights alone costs RM4k. All the money that is going into it, I will never see it again as it will just continue to depreciate. *laughs*

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Nice one DC..

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Your little project turning out really well darkchild, engine stuff next then?

Since the guys are talking about war, i figured I should post the recent showdown..

Lambomhini vs R53-RS

Bigger Pic

Desolator

Apr 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice..those upgrades would be just nice. I reckon those modifications would be just right for a car this size power and handling wise. Too much power can mess up the dynamics of the car. I agree with you man, car mods is one one of the worst financial investment one can make..but what the hell..hahaha..Do keep us updated on this project. Can't wait to see the end product. By the way will you be going for the 'Cooper S' vinyl similar to Tom's? would be cute to see both minis tearing down the highway :biggrin:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Your little project turning out really well darkchild, engine stuff next then?

Since the guys are talking about war, i figured I should post the recent showdown..

Lambomhini vs R53-RS

Bigger Pic
No war! It won't be like a super quick car laaaaa...

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Nice..those upgrades would be just nice. I reckon those modifications would be just right for a car this size power and handling wise. Too much power can mess up the dynamics of the car. I agree with you man, car mods is one one of the worst financial investment one can make..but what the hell..hahaha..Do keep us updated on this project. Can't wait to see the end product. By the way will you be going for the 'Cooper S' vinyl similar to Tom's? would be cute to see both minis tearing down the highway :biggrin:
Thanks man. Nothing too extreme ler. :burnout:
As for the decals, since Tom is calling it a 'Lambomhini', maybe this...? Hahahahaha!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu,

i planning to send my engine for full balancing but i don have any idea who and where to send it.I heard there is 1 in damansara but im not sure abt it. Any other recommend reputated machinery shop can do this in kl? how much would they charge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience