Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NS70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
1) Why does conti like BMW need to use DIN type batteries ?
2) If use smaller size like NS40 for bigger cc, what is the negative effect ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
DIN is German specs, Conti cars usually uses DIN batteries....

If use smaller battery, not sure got enough juice to crank up and you may need reserve for whatever gadgets to power...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1) Why does conti like BMW need to use DIN type batteries ?
2) If use smaller size like NS40 for bigger cc, what is the negative effect ?
If I recall - it's the CCA (current) amount that matters, the DIN is the size. BMW uses those deep cycle batteries for longer lifespan and it can handle the sudden draw of current. Normal batteries will have a very much shortened lifespan if used in a car with large draw.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
Iam using ns70 for my gen2 without battery bracket, well iam not using my gen2 for touge driving. Its just a town car.

The main reason for using ns70 wet type is basically financial reason.
1)ns 70 last longer than small battery.
2)ns 70 wet type will last longest from my reading.
3)ns70 has much better CCA than ns60, its a better choice if you relocated your battery. DIN type battery has more powah than NS type battery.
4)better gounding,its a must, grounding cable shall be exact or better size than the power cable.

Have a nice day

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Iam using ns70 for my gen2 without battery bracket, well iam not using my gen2 for touge driving. Its just a town car.

3)ns70 has much better CCA than ns60, its a better choice if you relocated your battery. DIN type battery has more powah than NS type battery.
4)better gounding,its a must, grounding cable shall be exact or better size than the power cable.

Have a nice day
Hope your alternator can support the bigger battery. Otherwise you're just spoiling the larger battery faster.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Have a nice day
Figure out where to put bracket. Duno when will hit pothole, battery jump. We dun want postive terminal touching body. Maybe tiny posibility, but play safe.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Doesn't work that way. Need to change the tray and bracket hook position. My car fits NS60 and 70, but the 70 can't fit the brackets even with the newer bigger ones. Damn kacau.
Mine no tray, just find another place to hook at the bottom. My old school probably have plenty space until newer cars and my Hyundai uses the bottom clamp to hold the battery. That is why need to buy battery with the notch at the bottom.....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mine no tray, just find another place to hook at the bottom. My old school probably have plenty space until newer cars and my Hyundai uses the bottom clamp to hold the battery. That is why need to buy battery with the notch at the bottom.....:driver:
Speaking of which the NS70 I bought had a base that was jutting out. Damn damn damn kacau

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Perhaps the best power ( or torque ) gain from the use of Tufoil happen in these 2 car models. Owners have reported power increases that surpassed their imaginations or even our own comprehensions.

Must be all the tired bearings inside the engine waking up and turning effortlessly now. All engine bearings thrive on good lubrication and more if they are slippery like Tufoil.

We would like to hear from our zth friends about their experiences if they happen to own cars like these and using...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience