Engine Swap EJ 16 to EJ 25

jujitsuka

Jun 11, 2007
Hi Bros,

Any good workshop to recommend within the Johor to Selangor that can perform a reliable engine swap for a 1.6 impreza TS?

Apart from engine block what else needs to be changed? Can the stock manual tranny withstand the need engine?

Needs to be able to pass yearly SG inspection too.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Engine swap or transplant? If engine swap the EJ25 will still run on the EJ16 wiring and ECU which is useless to power the 2.5L engine.
SG regulation on engine swap capacity is how much, better check properly before you start....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi Bros,

Any good workshop to recommend within the Johor to Selangor that can perform a reliable engine swap for a 1.6 impreza TS?

Apart from engine block what else needs to be changed? Can the stock manual tranny withstand the need engine?

i think in jb plety of subaru swap capable workshop.... but why did u want to do the swap? why not just get the 2.5 car directly.... or turbo swap....atleast more power for the same hassle...

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bros,

I am sure there are quite a handful of good shops in JB who specializes in these swaps.
A popular place is R Engineering near Permas Jaya. They are well known within the SG car guys

Looks like you're stuck with the NA route since you have an NA Imprezza? which explains the EJ NA 2.5 choice?

Engine swap or transplant? If engine swap the EJ25 will still run on the EJ16 wiring and ECU which is useless to power the 2.5L engine.
SG regulation on engine swap capacity is how much, better check properly before you start....
I suspect the TS is asking for stealth reasons, where the 2.5 can pass off as the 1.6 boxer physically

i think in jb plety of subaru swap capable workshop.... but why did u want to do the swap? why not just get the 2.5 car directly.... or turbo swap....atleast more power for the same hassle...
Engine swaps / bolt ons / any hardware modifications whatsoever that tampers with the factory intended production are banned in SG

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Hi Bros,

Saw it few weeks ago,1 workshop in Taman Sentosa JB done that , sg car.
The owner told that the car has been setup for fun tracking in Pasir Gudang for quite sometimes. Using 1.6 stock tranny some more. Asked is it ok to swap engine in sg, he said he just punch back the old number.

Last edited:

jujitsuka

Jun 11, 2007
Yup bros, for stealth reason so that my E J25 can look like a EJ 16 during an inspection

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In this case then best is can change the internals then cannot see, but 1.6 to 2.5 sure cannot already...

jujitsuka

Jun 11, 2007
Yup not much in size difference that's why asking around for good work shops who can perform this heart transplant.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the problem is to put the old engine number on new engine....

the rest is no problem because scooby is LEGO car....just a matter of unbolting and re-bolting the screw.... (plus some wiring job for the ecu)

but i didnt have any suggestion for johor area shop....

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Let me know if you interested to go to the workshop in Taman Sentosa, i can show u or give u the owner contact number. Maybe you can have a chit-chat 1st to get better picture on the swapping process.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wad is this engine in wira? according to owner he said its 1.6l but he didnt mention the engine model. Barely can see the emblem on engine stated DOHC 16v in the pic.. so i guess its 4g92.. but 4g92 gt carburetor version? Enlighten me pls. Owner is going to sell his car and im looking to buy it..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience