My Time-Attack Kancil - #Small Small Chili Rice

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeap..mirror finish only good on exhaust port...

intake port should have a little bit even-rough surface for better air-fuel mixture before entering combustion chamber....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It's called dimple porting. Some says it reduce wall friction, provide laminar flow.
As i know mostly done by machine, but in this case hand ported! Some level of precision there! :adore:
After reading your post I look up the article I read before on the golf ball. They have the same dimple look as the golf porting. The dimple is said to deflect drag when the ball in flight but the ball is round means the dimple are on a convex surface, but the porting is on concave surface. Maybe have same effect.....:driver:

Yah! agree that for it being done by hand is really precise......:adore:

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I saw this car in action few times....nice and fast little car...nice build too bro...

SaKuRaGi^TenSai

Jan 3, 2005
I saw this car in action few times....nice and fast little car...nice build too bro...
thx dude..hopefully can siap rebuilding the engine before next time attack race on 06/09/15 @ Elite Speedway :wavey:

build by nusa indah?
built by DT-Tuner Racing - Glenmarie :burnout:

Today open the cylinder head and engine block to make way for total checking and refurbishment. Actually back in early 2014, the engine suffered a hefty damage due to cracked vacuum hose connecting to the fuel regulator during race in Litar Dato' Sagor, Perak. This lead to lean condition in the combustion chambers and we suspect some pre-detonation happened inside there. Casualty were 2 broken Iridium spark plugs, and broken turbine shaft and DNF status..haha

Back in the workshop, we do compression test and all cylinders look normal..so we think we're save because the car was run with water-methanol injection..guess the piston were being spared....changed to new spark plugs and new turbo (original jc-det ordered from Japan), and good to go for another 7-8 time attacks session..

Until last month when we changed to a new intake manifold (RS-Ozaki), during dyno session the car was not performing well at the top end..power loss was rapidly after 6800rpm (167hp) and down to only 110hp at 8000rpm..suspected something was not right but looking all the afr, temp etc was good..i was given the go ahead to race at Elite Speedway 2 days after that..hehe..managed to get 2nd place in 1.6T category and 4th in Open CC category..

Today when visiting the workshop..was given this by the foremen :bawling:

Hard to get a replacement for a JC-DET piston even though it share the same size and dimension with JB-DET (L9) and JB-JL (L5)..but this piston was forged..unlike casting type with it's L5/L9 counterparts..

So guess need to weld repair back the piston...hopefully all this sempat by end month for next race :burnout:

Btw, my onboard time attack videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Twp29u4Hs

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
JC engine comes with revised race cam, forged piston, reinforced conrod (larger). i bet u can get a rhf4 vq44 for better top end. or other cheaper turbo like td025 or ct12. i think there's no aftermarket piston for JC. might also bought from chop shop (enjin lantai) which is very2 rare to get. u need to get your combustion chamber done, cause your piston already scrape off the wall. luckily your piston ring didnt snap off.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can this shine anymore?
Hello friends! :itsme:

I was back from KL, meeting KC. I had to start my first detail after the trip.

This was my baby, a 2004 Honda Civic V-tec. (Not anymore! She’s someone else’s now. But I still love her.)
Obviously, being a house member, she expected more attention from me. So, I couldn't choose any other ride. I remember KC saying take care of the family first!

(I’ve lost a lot of pictures of her due to a data transfer gone wrong. What’s remaining...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience