New Toyota Sienta launched! Two variants, priced from RM93k

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
What's the deal?

UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd today unveiled Toyota's latest Sienta for the Malaysian market, its first passenger car-based 7-seater model to be introduced into the country.

Being the only compact MPV with sliding doors in Malaysia, the Toyota Sienta is developed for urban families seeking for stylish people-carrier with a distinctive design for their active lifestyle.

Offered in two variants; Sienta 1.5G and Sienta 1.5V, the compact MPV comes with 6 choices of colour - Orange Metallic, Super White II, Silver Metallic, Grey Metallic, Attitude Black Mica and Quartz Brown Metallic.

Toyota Sienta

Engine:
1.5-litre 2NR-FE Dual VVT-i 4-cylinder
Power: 106hp at 6,00rpm
Torque: 140Nm at 4,200rpm
Zerotohundred: n/a
Transmission: CVT with 7-speed Sport Sequential Shiftmatic
Dimensions: 4,235mm (L), 1,695mm (W), 1,695mm (H)
Weight from: 1,325kg
Price: 1.5G: RM92,900; 1.5V: RM99,900

Exterior

Designed with a youthful image in mind, Toyota's designers took inspiration from trekking shoes which conveys functionality and a dynamic character. The frontal appearance of the Sienta boasts new design direction never seen before on Toyota models sold in Malaysia by UMWT.

Illumination is provided by a pair of Bi-LED headlights with LED positioning lights on the 1.5V while the 1.5G gets a pair of halogen projector headlights. Both variants however get LED daytime running lights located at the lower front bumper (usually positioned for fog lights).

LED technology also applies to the Sienta's rear fascia. While the 1.5G is equipped with LED tail lights, the range-topping 1.5V gets a pair of V-shaped LED light guide. Rear fog light is equipped as standard on both variants.

Wheels are 15-inch on the 1.5G, and a set of tow-tone finished 16-inch alloys on the 1.5V.

Interior

Both variants get black interior colour; with Sienta 1.5V differentiated by Dark Brown fabric and black fabric for the Sienta 1.5G.

With the capability of being a 7-seater, the Sienta packages an efficient and versatile seating in its compact body dimension. Its 2nd and 3rd row seats offer numerous seating layouts to be configured to suit different needs and occasions for both passengers and their gear. Both rows are capable of 50:50 folding feature which allows it to be completely flat, maximising boot space.

The dashboard is a 3-dimensional dual-tier unit, with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, high-mounted Optitron instrument cluster with a 4.2-inch full-colour MID (1.5V). The automatic air-conditioning (1.5V) is coupled to an additional blower mounted on the ceiling for the passengers in the 2nd and 3rd row.

Featuring sliding doors and low floor, the Sienta has large openings, helping in convenience of getting in and out of the vehicle. The power sliding doors on both sides (left side only for 1.5G) can be operated using the door handles or by pressing buttons on the key fob or a panel on the dashboard.

Other equipment include 13 storage spaces, DVD player, Bluetooth and Voice Recognition for handsfree operation and a built-in digital video recorder in the 1.5V (similar to dashcam).

Powertrain

The new Sienta is powered by a newly-developed 1.5-litre DOHC with Dual-VVTi engine, good for 106hp at 6,000rpm and 140Nm of torque at 4,200rpm. The power is delivered to the wheels via an advanced CVT with 7-speed Sport Sequential Shiftmatic, promising smooth and effortless power delivery.

Safety

In the safety department, the Sienta is decently equipped with active safety features like ABS with EBD (electronic braking distribution) and Brake Assist, HSA (hill-start assist), VSC (vehicle stability control), TRC (traction control), reverse sensor and reverse camera.

Passive safety features include 3 airbags (driver, front passenger and driver's knee), 3-point seatbelts at all three rows including pretensioner and force limiter for front occupants, as well as ISOFIX and top tether (2nd row).

The new Toyota Sienta comes with a 5-year factory warranty with unlimited milage (subject to terms and conditions) and is priced at RM92,900 for the 1.5G and RM99,900 for the 1.5V.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Friend,

Anyone know how to do aresol / can spray? This is because, i wanna spray my spoiler follow by my car body color. I'm thinking if i buy a paint from car paint shop and pour in the can and spray my spoiler...and its become a aresol spray...any geniues pr mc gyver out there have any idea.....:hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience