Accidentally filled diesel into petrol engine

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
A friend asked me about this issue of accidentally filled in diesel into a petrol engine. He told me that his friend's Toyota Hiace has been filled with diesel when the engine is actually a petrol engine.

In such case, what needs to be done to fix this problem? The van has also been driven shortly. I know that the fuel system needs to be cleaned out but how about overhauling the engine? Is it required?

Attachments

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Nobody accidentally fills diesel in their petrol tank. And nobody accidentally gets pregnant.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, I will try what bro. Danz mentioned, but how much petrol was left and how much diesel was pump in?
I am surprised he can still drive around.....lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I see before my neighbour wife pump diesel in iswara. Lot lots of white smoke....he say what to do, swallow the pain only.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I see before my neighbour wife pump diesel in iswara. Lot lots of white smoke....he say what to do, swallow the pain only.
If not much diesel is pump in, the petrol still runs the car. Diesel will burn off as oil aka white smoke, but if too much diesel, petrol engine will drown......hhahhahahahhahaha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Nobody accidentally fills diesel in their petrol tank. And nobody accidentally gets pregnant.
It is an accident apparently. Because the owner of the van borrowed it to his friend. Meanwhile for the one that borrowed the van, he thought that all vans use only diesel, so he filled it up with diesel.

if your friend is lucky, just empty out the tank & fill up with petrol & drive it around.
Not my friend actually. My friend's friend. My friend only came to me and ask about the solution for this. :biggrin:

Yup, I will try what bro. Danz mentioned, but how much petrol was left and how much diesel was pump in?
I am surprised he can still drive around.....lol
I'm not sure how much that guy filled in. The owner of the van only realize something is wrong when there is a lot of white smoke coming out from the exhaust. And he stopped driving after realizing that.

Same case for this van. A lot of white smoke coming out. But surprisingly, why would the wife pump diesel in Iswara, there is no diesel Iswara.

Speaking of that, imagine what will happen if someone borrowed a Wira diesel for a drive and filled it in with petrol thinking it is using a petrol engine like most Wira do.:biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
accidentally pump diesel/petrol can happen....not why his wife pump diesel. lol....
i duno lerrr....wear rubber also can accidentally leaked. :confused:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm not sure how much that guy filled in. The owner of the van only realize something is wrong when there is a lot of white smoke coming out from the exhaust. And he stopped driving after realizing that.
If still can run, means not totally diesel. Just drain the tank, fill with petrol then run until the white smoke disappear, because fuel line still have the fuel mixture of diesel and petrol....:driver:
Do at your house can get free fogging.....hhahahhaha:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If still can run, means not totally diesel. Just drain the tank, fill with petrol then run until the white smoke disappear, because fuel line still have the fuel mixture of diesel and petrol....:driver:
Do at your house can get free fogging.....hhahahhaha:rofl:
Then I guess no need for an overhaul. But fuel system cleaning is not necessarily needed?

How to do at my house. I don't even know the owner.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then I guess no need for an overhaul. But fuel system cleaning is not necessarily needed?

How to do at my house. I don't even know the owner.
Fuel system means hose from tank that leads to to engine. Once tank is drained and refilled, from there when in use new petrol fuel will clean the system.

Your friend's friend mah, tell him can start engine at your house.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Although the camouflage makes the car pictured look like something of a cross between a hearse and a delivery van, it is in fact a Ferrari, quite possibly a new 2+2 in the granturismo form factor. Spied testing at the track in Fiorano and snapped by a photographer, the new car is breeding rumours quicker than it runs laps.

The new Ferrari is expected to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience