snow mode = eco mode?

VQ20DE

Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hi all

i wonder :hmmmm: if switching to 'snow' mode on my AT will be similar to 'eco' mode in some of the newer cars today? will 'snow' mode help to reduce fuel consumption?

TQ

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i believe it was more to lower range gear like the overdrive off mode for better engine braking and handling

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all

i wonder :hmmmm: if switching to 'snow' mode on my AT will be similar to 'eco' mode in some of the newer cars today? will 'snow' mode help to reduce fuel consumption?

TQ
As stated, it's to be used when driving on snow. It makes the car starts at 2nd gear to improve traction and reduce wheel spin in the snow. It won't make your fuel consumption better, it may even makes it worse since it's always usign higher gears than ideal (and makes you want to press the gas deeper since the car is moving too slowly).

VQ20DE

Oct 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i believe it was more to lower range gear like the overdrive off mode for better engine braking and handling
i shall try it on long runs to see if OD engages

As stated, it's to be used when driving on snow. It makes the car starts at 2nd gear to improve traction and reduce wheel spin in the snow. It won't make your fuel consumption better, it may even makes it worse since it's always usign higher gears than ideal (and makes you want to press the gas deeper since the car is moving too slowly).
start in 2nd gear? that's bad, shall count the changes to test this. But on using higher gears than ideal will definitely not help FC

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i shall try it on long runs to see if OD engages

start in 2nd gear? that's bad, shall count the changes to test this. But on using higher gears than ideal will definitely not help FC
You can test it la, surely you won't like it! I've tested mine once (on a Toyota Mark X), really sluggish and takes all the fun out of driving it.

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
Actually it saves fuel on Highway use as the Final drive kicks in earlier than normal whereas in power it stays in each gear longer to keep revs high

Also good in heavy rain when the 3.0 has so much torque it prevents wheel spins at 80kmh which the vs 30th is quite fond of if you accelerate a Lil hard on wet surface. And yes it does start in 2nd gear

May 24, 2012
Manila
I always use snow mode. I like it beacuse I dont feel any jerk when the tranny shifts from 1st to 2nd gear. Starts at 2nd gear then will go smoothly upto 40 kph before it shifts to 3rd gear. Though on the vq20 its a bit sluggish but on my vq25 its perfect. Just dont use it on uphill roads.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ive been putting a lot of thought into starting a business , handphones especially. everyone owns a handphone and everyone i know change them ever so frequently . My question is , If you were to start your own handphone shop , where would you start and how would you go about it ? ( i really dont know btw , hehehe )

Your thoughts and opinion would really help , Cheers !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience