Aircond Compressor Draining Too Much Power?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is silly, right? Pay to get 10bhp to lose it on the air con......lol:rofl:
Off air cond then different story. :biggrin:

Few days ago, I noticed some whining sound from my engine. Brought to my mechanic for a check yesterday and he said the sound came from the compressor pulley. Bearing sound I think. When the compressor is kicking in, the sound disappears. Should I get this fix or leave it?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Off air cond then different story. :biggrin:

Few days ago, I noticed some whining sound from my engine. Brought to my mechanic for a check yesterday and he said the sound came from the compressor pulley. Bearing sound I think. When the compressor is kicking in, the sound disappears. Should I get this fix or leave it?
Off air con no cost mah.......lol

If you can pin point the fault then repair it. If you cannot, then what to repair?:hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Off air con no cost mah.......lol

If you can pin point the fault then repair it. If you cannot, then what to repair?:hmmmm:
Oh, then I'll try to go to air cond shop and ask if this can be repaired. My mechanic told me most air cond shop people will just suggest to replace the whole thing based on his past experience. :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh, then I'll try to go to air cond shop and ask if this can be repaired. My mechanic told me most air cond shop people will just suggest to replace the whole thing based on his past experience. :hmmmm:
Your mechanic cannot replace the pulley bearing?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Your mechanic cannot replace the pulley bearing?
Nope. He told me to bring it to air cond shop guy to check the problem first. Anyway, I just came back from air cond shop. Indeed the sound is coming from the bearing. Got it replaced and changed the gas inside the air cond system. Everything took like 3 hours plus. So far, it felt like the compressor is not draining as much power as it is before. But today is not a very hot day, so I'll see how it performs again on a hotter day.

This is the bearing.

Attachments

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope. He told me to bring it to air cond shop guy to check the problem first. Anyway, I just came back from air cond shop. Indeed the sound is coming from the bearing. Got it replaced and changed the gas inside the air cond system. Everything took like 3 hours plus. So far, it felt like the compressor is not draining as much power as it is before. But today is not a very hot day, so I'll see how it performs again on a hotter day.

This is the bearing.

Compressor one a bit more difficult, have to take out magnetic clutch. Tensioner pulley easier to change......lol:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
good bearing tho, nsk japan. If you free can pop out the protection plastic (Brown color). See the bearing condition inside.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
good bearing tho, nsk japan. If you free can pop out the protection plastic (Brown color). See the bearing condition inside.
This is the damaged one. But the one that is replaced is also the same bearing. NSK Japan.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Got noise means koyak already loh......hhahhahahha
I did ask if it is necessary to replace it since the air cond guy said quite a lot of work. He said if I leave it there, the damaged bearing might 'eat' into the pulley and damage the compressor.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I did ask if it is necessary to replace it since the air cond guy said quite a lot of work. He said if I leave it there, the damaged bearing might 'eat' into the pulley and damage the compressor.
Any bearing got nose means breaking down already. When it jams, there will be no free play, meaning your compressor can be jammed on all the time, sure something will give in the long run.......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Any bearing got nose means breaking down already. When it jams, there will be no free play, meaning your compressor can be jammed on all the time, sure something will give in the long run.......lol
Oh no. The horror if compressor jammed and not running. No cold air blowing from air cond. :nurse:

The air cond guy told me that I'm quite good and observant to notice this sound from bearing although it is quite soft.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Oh no. The horror if compressor jammed and not running. No cold air blowing from air cond. :nurse:

The air cond guy told me that I'm quite good and observant to notice this sound from bearing although it is quite soft.
but you will get extra 10bhp :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :burnout:cabut

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What happen if Flywheel or Clutch cover faulty?...

hello sifu...

i got i question...What happen if Flywheel or Clutch cover is faulty?...how can we notice this?...

is it make any sound or else?...

thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience