Braking issue

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
Hi guys, recently if i full lock to the left and then brake whilst reversing my brakes make a very loud sort of trumpet sound, any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
might indicate a jammed brake piston or uneven rotor.
working the rear piston is such a hassle and takes alot of patience lol.
from your description, it sounds like it is not releasing fully or releasing too slow.
i had the same thing about 9 years ago..right after that, I found out that the rear brake was going to be jammed (after changing new pads).

try looking at 2 areas:

1. Rear brake caliper assy (pin, piston, pads, cables); check out the condition.
2. Rear brake rotors (uneven wear , warped)

good luck

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
might indicate a jammed brake piston or uneven rotor.
working the rear piston is such a hassle and takes alot of patience lol.
from your description, it sounds like it is not releasing fully or releasing too slow.
i had the same thing about 9 years ago..right after that, I found out that the rear brake was going to be jammed (after changing new pads).

try looking at 2 areas:

1. Rear brake caliper assy (pin, piston, pads, cables); check out the condition.
2. Rear brake rotors (uneven wear , warped)

good luck
Okay great thank you, I also hear a quiet scraping noise when I brake coming to a stop and especially going downhill the noise will continue after releasing the brake.
What should I look for in the caliper and what should I do?
Also can you tell if a rotor is warped?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Okay great thank you, I also hear a quiet scraping noise when I brake coming to a stop and especially going downhill the noise will continue after releasing the brake.
What should I look for in the caliper and what should I do?
Also can you tell if a rotor is warped?

Spin the disc and see how it turns. If warp, as it spins can see it wave left and right

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there, just asking anyone change to LED turning signal lights onto their cars? Normally our cars are using normal orange bulbs for the front & rear combination lamps... would love to know if there are LED type of signal lights available in the market. Saw some high end cars using this type of light and it looks pretty cool when it blinks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience