Need Advise on oil additive. tufoil? X1R? lubguard? SLICK50?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
to all experts/sifu,

please advise me on oil additive.
i currently using B14 sentra with castrol magnatec. do u think i should use tuffoil? is it safe? what is the result of using oil additive?

thanks in advance.........

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
Re: Need Advise on oil additive. tuffoil? X1R? lubguard? SLICK50?

dear sifu,
need advise............
HELP

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007

im using X1R engine treatment on my 4g93p but dint notice any improvement.. summore now my engine got sound dunno came out from the engine or belting.. i need to send it to workshop 1st to check it.. if it is coming from the engine then that X1R really2 s**ks... normally only my hydraulic Lifter sound can be heard when i start the car in the morning but now that sound came when my car is in idle condition and not when i hit the gas pedal.. so confuse ler...

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005

sorry to hear that bro.
but thank you very much for to share your experience. i heard from another forum that a driver pour in the engine oil treatment into his evo engine then end up all the valve kena block and cause the engine oil to enter the combustion chamber. i forgot wat oil treatment he used already.

but then i also heard people saying TUFOIL is good to use and it really works at it claimed.

from my survey at net these oil treatment main ingredient is teflon which is solid and it can cover/stick itself to your engine wall.

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007

owh it's teflon that stick with metal.. maybe that X1R not compatible with my current engine oil that cause the mixture not stable or sumthing.. just my 2cents... i need to refer it to my workshop fast before it getting worse..

maybe later if i change oil then i'll give a try TUFOIL engine treatment.. :)

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005

u now using what engine oil?
don't know why nowadays supermarket like tesco jusco no more selling TUFOIL. is it got customer complain about this product?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004

Tufoil is still available at TESCO and JUSCO stores. We apologise for the times that this product is out out stock for a month or more.It moves fast. Hopefully, the replenishment of the stocks can be as fast too.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

im using X1R engine treatment on my 4g93p but dint notice any improvement.. summore now my engine got sound dunno came out from the engine or belting.. i need to send it to workshop 1st to check it.. if it is coming from the engine then that X1R really2 s**ks... normally only my hydraulic Lifter sound can be heard when i start the car in the morning but now that sound came when my car is in idle condition and not when i hit the gas pedal.. so confuse ler...
some "snake oil" addditives have been known to sludge up an engine fast. (i forgot the word to actually describes it but you can find complains like this over many car forums)

this is a more apperent when engine oil in cars (those who add additives & never change oils often enough) over a period of time.

this is how it may look like (worse case)
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/eddyriosMR2/IMG_0069.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/eddyriosMR2/IMG_0068.jpg

Last edited:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005

yeah.. read from other forum too. that some oil additive really build slug around the valve clearance and causing the valve canot close tightly.
so far didnt heard any complaint on tufoil.

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007

wah.. never thought of this problem before.. currently im using Motul 4100.. if the engine have build this sludge then we need to fully overhaul engine?? wahhh..just because an oil addictive it can be like that..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005

yes.............
sludge is like a penyakit to engine but got ubat one larr.
the ubat is to dismantle all your engine internal parts.
then use tooth brush and kerosin/petrol to wash it. hopefully the engine is not toast up before u cure it becozs sludge can cause extreme wears and tears and heat at certain part of the engine. this is because it block the engine oil passage or it cover up the engine wall too thick that it is hard for the engine oil to transfer its heat to the engine wall.
sludge can cause the valve canot close tightly; meaning the valve is tersangkut there lor. if your piston head hit the valve then u hear your engine sound different lor and the sound should be louder than normal engine sound. sometimes the sludge can cover the valve spring which cause the valve become always open and the piston head can heat this valve too.
and most important is that fuel injection car has a lot of sensor built inside the engine block. if the sludge cover the sensor then reading become not accurate thus your mileage and power also become not steady.
but dont worry la brother u not living at those place that got winter where the engine oil can frozen and build up sludge.

but i dun know if the oil additive can build sludge or not larr. u have to check it.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004

About the photos and without prejudice we comment.

The engine is heavily sludged and the causes are known.

1 The engine oil change interval is overextended. We have come across a Toyota owner who changed his engine oil at 40,000 km and the filter was completely blocked by slag ( iron filings ).The sludge hardened on most of the engine parts and the mechanic had to use a scraper to remove it.

2. Prolonged idling with little airflow such as traffic jams and sleeping inside the cars with engine and air-cond on..This is a really bad habit.

3. Engine oil evaporation. Some engine oils are known for serious evaporation. Obviously, they cannot take the heat. When engine oil runs cool, there is no oil loss or evaporation.

4. Insufficient engine oil to run the engine. Oil is way below minimum mark of dipstick level for long periods of time.

Never allow any engine oil to run too hot. Unfortunately, the majority of cars do not come fitted with an oil temp gauge or an oil cooler. In test done in the USA, a mixture of Tufoil with normal engine oil was shown to run 42% cooler. The resultant oil temperature was 42% cooler during a 60 minutes test.High heat kills all engines without discrimination.

Even before oil additives were invented there was sludge.This thing sludge has nothing to do with oil additives, unless the quality of the oil additive is so terrible and horrible. Tufoil has over 30 years of R & D. It's a quality product.

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007
haizz.. still dun have time to send my car to workshop..:dong:

my car still have 4000km before oil change and never get overheated..

but i can notice that my engine run cooler after use the X1R engine treatment but the problem is only the weird sound that can be heard other than the Hydraulic Lifter sound..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
hydraulic lifter? to lift what? lift MIVEC kah?

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007
hydraulic lifter? to lift what? lift MIVEC kah?
Hydraulic Lifter or ppl call it 'Tepet'.. normal sound that can be heard in 4g93 engine..

oledi send my car to workshop and the problem is not came from the engine.. so the X1R did not harm my engine at all...:burnout:

the problem is my Flywheel break..(like the mechanic told me).. and after replace new flywheel hope everything is ok now..(still not yet take my car from workshop):rolleyes: