Anyone using ATR Sport tyre here ?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So far you have been lucky with the contis. At least 4 members I know from the PUG308T club on CSC3 have bulging tyres. My lady friend sister also had 1 bulge and 1 burst, and as you know my ex colleague's accord on CSC5 and had crack sidewall......lol
Hehehe, don't know bro, they were as durable as any when I used them, not even any minor cracks yet leh! Also very minor chipping, contrary to my previous F1D5 which had chipping all over the place.

True ler bro.... After 25k, like not very sticky Liao ! I don't mind the tyre la but I mind about the high price! Lol! Mine is the C250! I don't have the privilege to rotate my tyres thus I need to choose the 'value for money' type lor! Just like h/p la......that fruit brand also overrated! My xiao mi can perform much better! I used three versions of the fruit brand before I decided to give this China phone a try! Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!
Ic, well back then I actually also did not consider the CSC5 coz I thought very expensive until that 1 shop offered me for just rm500/pc (which was cheaper than PS3 or even RE003 that time) then I was surprised and did not think twice to try them and did not regret at all coz they served me well. I actually loved them when they're almost bald coz the dry grip was even more and my steering was just a tad heavier, just the aquaplaning resistance was already bad of course. I also cannot rotate front/back coz I was using staggered sizes too.

Anyway just see later with your ATR, how they are when reaching over 25k km, I suspect they would be much worse. I've seen samples of ATR 1 & 2 having their tread compound like separating showing different layering instead of wearing off uniformly as normal tires.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the insight bro! Nice to see you here! I was 'autoworld ' member before! Saw your nick there! Lol!
Hi, oh! you were in Autoworld too, same nick?

I also saw uncle VR nick there. High level lohh...
Join there first since 2004, join here 2010. What high level ah? I am not the CEO.....hhahhahhaha:biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hehehe, don't know bro, they were as durable as any when I used them, not even any minor cracks yet leh! Also very minor chipping, contrary to my previous F1D5 which had chipping all over the place.
So you tried because cheap offer. Well, same here, have not tried Michelin, Pirelli and Contis before, due to price. Well, Michelin actually tried many many years ago, don't know if you know the model called "Fizzarrow"...hahaha Long time ago, did not fare well, thereafter was looking at PS2 but the price was double of any top tyres of GY, Yokohama, so forgo that also.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So you tried because cheap offer. Well, same here, have not tried Michelin, Pirelli and Contis before, due to price. Well, Michelin actually tried many many years ago, don't know if you know the model called "Fizzarrow"...hahaha Long time ago, did not fare well, thereafter was looking at PS2 but the price was double of any top tyres of GY, Yokohama, so forgo that also.....lol
No never heard of that before! I have used most of the top branded tires now (Michelin Pilots, Goodyear F1s, Continental CSC, the old BS Potenzas & Dunlop Dignos) except Pirelli and Yokohama. Curious to try P Zero and Hankooks later.

Ya, for the price I got, it was damn worth it! Probably now cannot get anymore deals like that. Anyhow I got the F1A2 now and so far pretty happy with them but haven't really tried touge with them yet. In the rain they are pretty good though.

19 Degree South

Nov 15, 2017
Jb
Hi, oh! you were in Autoworld too, same nick?

grin:
Think the nick was 'scud'!

Ic, well back then I actually also did not consider the CSC5 coz I thought very expensive until that 1 shop offered me for just rm500/pc (which was cheaper than PS3 or even RE003 that time) then I was surprised and did not think twice to try them and did not regret at all coz they served me well. I actually loved them when they're almost bald coz the dry grip was even more and my steering was just a tad heavier, just the aquaplaning resistance was already bad of course. I also cannot rotate front/back coz I was using staggered sizes too.

Anyway just see later with your ATR, how they are when reaching over 25k km, I suspect they would be much worse. I've seen samples of ATR 1 & 2 having their tread compound like separating showing different layering instead of wearing off uniformly as normal tires.
Keeping my toes crossed! :biggrin:If can last 25 k also not bad Liao! I couldn't ask for more as I need to treat it as a budget thing!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Think the nick was 'scud'!

Keeping my toes crossed! :biggrin:If can last 25 k also not bad Liao! I couldn't ask for more as I need to treat it as a budget thing!
Btw on a C250, aren't your tire sizes a bit too small in diameter if just using 225/45/17 + 245/40/17? This is the new C class or the older ones?

19 Degree South

Nov 15, 2017
Jb
Btw on a C250, aren't your tire sizes a bit too small in diameter if just using 225/45/17 + 245/40/17? This is the new C class or the older ones?
This is for my w204. The w205 tyres are still in shape!I max max only do about 15 k mileage only in a year! The 205 is 18'! Also 225 and 245! My wife is driving the 204 now! Maybe next year should change the 205 's tyre Liao! If Atr2 is living up to its hype, maybe getting the same tyre again! Lol!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This is for my w204. The w205 tyres are still in shape!I max max only do about 15 k mileage only in a year! The 205 is 18'! Also 225 and 245! My wife is driving the 204 now! Maybe next year should change the 205 's tyre Liao! If Atr2 is living up to its hype, maybe getting the same tyre again! Lol!
You have expensive cars, should be able to afford much better tires la. I have much cheaper cars yet I use much better tires than yours. Remember, tires is only thing that connects to the road and your traction is only up to the grip limit of the tires, so nice cars with good safety system or whatever but with shit tires will still be bad.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No never heard of that before! I have used most of the top branded tires now (Michelin Pilots, Goodyear F1s, Continental CSC, the old BS Potenzas & Dunlop Dignos) except Pirelli and Yokohama. Curious to try P Zero and Hankooks later.

Ya, for the price I got, it was damn worth it! Probably now cannot get anymore deals like that. Anyhow I got the F1A2 now and so far pretty happy with them but haven't really tried touge with them yet. In the rain they are pretty good though.
F1A2 are good, when first jump to Asy2 can feel the difference wet and dry......:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Is good but I don't think much better, slightly better since F1A2 already very good.....lol
Yeah for me, the F1A2 is pretty good too. Not sure how it compares with my previous CSC5 coz it's different sizes so right now with wider and thinner profile surely it feels sharper than the smaller and thicker CSC5 in the dry. Aquaplaning resistance seems similarly good but this F1 is indeed a bit more silent. Compared to the CSC3 on my rear which was the same 245 width, the F1A2 is surely better coz it has higher grip so my rear end is more stable, surprisingly more difficult to oversteer than before despite the front having more grip! But again even with the same width, it's different profile size so not really apple-to-apple comparison but I'm still very sure it's better than the CSC3.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah for me, the F1A2 is pretty good too. Not sure how it compares with my previous CSC5 coz it's different sizes so right now with wider and thinner profile surely it feels sharper than the smaller and thicker CSC5 in the dry. Aquaplaning resistance seems similarly good but this F1 is indeed a bit more silent. Compared to the CSC3 on my rear which was the same 245 width, the F1A2 is surely better coz it has higher grip so my rear end is more stable, surprisingly more difficult to oversteer than before despite the front having more grip! But again even with the same width, it's different profile size so not really apple-to-apple comparison but I'm still very sure it's better than the CSC3.
During the time that I had F1A2, when brand new, I had a friend driving an Odyssey ride in my car, went to a quiet stretch of road at night wind down the window and cruise down that road. He was amaze how quiet it was for a Max performance tyre. Wet and dry grip was superb, that was why it was winning most of the tyre test those days.
To be fair my F1A3 have only been to Ulu yam for touge and they were good. I drive different stretch of road now from previous since I don't work in Shah Alam anymore and my F1A3 also up size to 225/45R17 from 215.... :driver:

19 Degree South

Nov 15, 2017
Jb
Don't try drifting like Diago Saito......lol:rofl:
Lol.......i don't do drifting! Don't have the skill!:rofl: Anyway....took a spin from Kl to JB yesterday and with constant speed of 160km/h with the exception of Aes area, the tyres stick to the road,like glue! Quite surprising! So far so good! Noise level surprising very low, just being overwhelmed by the wind noise! Let's see after 10 k of mileage how this tyre continue to perform. I am loving this forum so far! Thanks to,you guys for the valuable input! Gratcia!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

frenz....

i need to know about how much market selling halfcut for 4G92 MIVEC....??

anybody know??
the prize will include what parts??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience