Honda launches updated City – from RM78,300, full-LED headlights, 5-star ASEAN NCAP!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

Honda Malaysia's just launched the updated City today. Despite being a facelift, the City packs a host of new bits inside out and elevates the standard.

With their new ‘Advanced and Energetic Design’ tagline, Honda claims that the new City brings C-segment features for B-segment pricing.

Offered in three variants, namely the S, E and V, the City is retailed from RM78,300 all the way to RM92,000 with prices for E and V remaining the same as the previous car while the S is priced slightly lower than the previous S+.

2017 Honda City

Engine:
1.5-litre 4-cylinder SOHC i-VTEC
Power: 120hp at 6,600rpm
Torque: 145Nm at 4,600rpm
Zerotohundred: n/a
Transmission: Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)
Dimensions: 4,442mm (L), 1,694mm (W), 1,477mm (H)
Weight from: 1,084kg
Price: S: RM78,300; E: RM84,600; V: RM92,000

Exterior

With its ‘Advanced and Energetic Design’ motto, the new City receive some touches here and there to give it a fresher look.

At the front, there’s new single bold bar at the grille flanked by halogen headlights for the S and E, while the top V gets full-LED unit with LED fog lights. However, LED DRLs are standard across the range.

Meanwhile at the rear, the S and E tail lights are halogen type while the range-topping V features LED guide light. All variants get auto retractable side mirrors and shark fin antenna.

Wheels are 15-inch alloys for the base and mid variants and 16-inch alloys for V variant. The new car is available in five colours – Lunar Silver Metallic, Dark Ruby Red Pearl, Taffeta White, Modern Steel Metallic and Crystal Black Pearl.

Interior

The new City’s interior is designed with ‘Human Maximum, Machine Minimum’ concept. This means that the City maximizes interior spaces for its occupants. Standard kits on the new City are Smart Entry with Push Start button, ECON button, advanced multi-information meter, 8 cupholders, steering-mounted audio control, one-touch signal, height-adjustable driver’s seat, 60:40 foldable rear seats and trunk release remote.

The base S and mid E variants receive fabric seats with fabric upholstery and urethane steering wheel and gear knob. As for the V variant, all fabrics, upholstery, steering and gear knob are wrapped with leather. There’s also soft padded instrument panel for the range-topping variant.

However, other equipment like rear ventilation air-con, touch panel auto air-con, steering-mounted cruise control, paddle-shifters and front centre arm rests are absent on the S variant and only featured on the two upper trims.

Engine

The new City is powered by the familiar 1.5-litre 4-cylinder SOHC with i-VTEC producing 120 hp at 6,600rpm and 145Nm of torque at 4,600 rpm. The engine is mated to a CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission).

Infotainment

Infotainment in the new City is served by 6.8-inch display audio (E and V only) and HDMI port (E and V only). There’s 4 speakers for the S and E variants and the V gets 4 more.

Safety

Honda does not compromise on safety with the new facelifted City. The car receives dual front SRS airbags, front and rear seatbelts with 3-point ELR, ABS, EBD, Brake Assist, Hill Start Assist, Emergency Stop Signal, reverse sensor and ISOFIX as standard. The E and V variants are further equipped with side airbags and multi-angle reverse camera.

To add certain degree of sportiness and individuality, the new City comes with optional accessories; Modulo Package, Urban Package and Utility Package which is priced starting from RM820. The warranty of the new City is maintained at 5-years with unlimited mileage at 10,000km service intervals.

For more information on the new City or to book a test drive, customers may visit any of the 88 authorised Honda dealers nationwide or call Honda’s toll-free number at 1-800-88-2020 or log on to www.honda.com.my.

Attachments

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Re: Honda launches updated City – from RM78,300, full-LED headlights, 5-star ASEAN NC

Sadly now the rear bumper looks cheap with the unpainted black plastic parts...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Re: Honda launches updated City – from RM78,300, full-LED headlights, 5-star ASEAN NC

Sadly now the rear bumper looks cheap with the unpainted black plastic parts...
Many cars are like that now. You see those SUV nowadays wheel arch also just black trims....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Many cars are like that now. You see those SUV nowadays wheel arch also just black trims....
That one even premium SUV like Lexus NX have that black coloured arch... Doesn't look so bad on those cars as it sort of gives a muscular look.

Now this one on City makes it look like the new facelifted Myvi or Proton Saga... It is okay if those are really air vents but too bad they are just there to create an illusion...

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

You mean that rear diffuser ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, but to me it looks okay. Gives a contrast of design to the bumper. Even forester bumper is like that....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Does this even count as diffuser since there is no hole at all? :rofl:

Yup, but to me it looks okay. Gives a contrast of design to the bumper. Even forester bumper is like that....:biggrin:
Maybe Forester is not apparent. I need google it and see.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Depends also on car color. If dark, like black, dark grey, dark blue you won't see the contrast too much. Silver then straight away see the difference.....lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

made to look like diffuser....

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia

So much media on this City as compared to the new Civic. Clearing stock I guess

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Depends also on car color. If dark, like black, dark grey, dark blue you won't see the contrast too much. Silver then straight away see the difference.....lol
You are right. This looks extremely bad on silver... Not so sure about white though because black and white sometimes do look fine.

made to look like diffuser....
Go and punch some real holes there to make it a real diffuser.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

new civic no need much advertisement. Fresh look, +turbo.
i like the new civic look. Yet i still side my wira, (no loan)...:driver: :burnout:

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

i like the new civic look. Yet i still side my wira, (no loan)...:driver: :burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

New Civic turbo also won't have as much power to weight ratio compared to your Wira. Yours is performance turbocharged engine. :biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

New Civic turbo also won't have as much power to weight ratio compared to your Wira. Yours is performance turbocharged engine. :biggrin:
not on purpose double posting.....
Old engine dy....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

You are right. This looks extremely bad on silver... Not so sure about white though because black and white sometimes do look fine.

Go and punch some real holes there to make it a real diffuser.
stock rear bumper also not fly away when WOT....assumed not catching direct air flow too.:burnout:

race car, lowered. Diffuser from front to rear, all flat at the bottom.
create less air to reduce lift.

Our street road, hmm....

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

not on purpose double posting.....
Old engine dy....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

stock rear bumper also not fly away when WOT....assumed not catching direct air flow too.:burnout:

race car, lowered. Diffuser from front to rear, all flat at the bottom.
create less air to reduce lift.

Our street road, hmm....
Old engine but with your lighter body and manual gearbox, should be more fun to drive than CVT Civic turbo.

Racing cars don't even need those punched hole kind of diffuser found in many of those modded Civic. Like you said, flat underbody, air is not trapped behind the bumper.

Better don't stray away from topic any further. But seems that nobody here got much comment on this City.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I am planning for the following Yokohama tyres for my 2 cars, one using 195.55.15 and another is 180.60.14

After some research online and offline, found that Advan Neova AD07 only have size for my 195.55.15 while AVS ES100 have sizes of both.

Also known that the UTQG for AD07 is 180 AA A and ES100 is 280 AA A. If I am going to take AD07 for the 15" and ES 100 for the 14", would this be my good choices?

Need your experiences on both tyres model in terms of dry, wet, treadwear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience