Need solution - Persona 17" rim sangkut!

kaYcee

Oct 30, 2008
helo! im proton persona kaki.

anybody here has solution about rim sangkut?

recently i had fitted 17" rim (CE28) with 215/45R17 but sad to say dat both the rear tyres sangkut when either more than 2person loaded in car or lalu bump w/o slow down (front tyre is ok, no sangkut).

beside replacing absorber or soil spring, is there any other solution?

kaYcee

Oct 30, 2008
try using absorber bush....whereby it wraps around the coil springs.
tanz bro!

roughly how much n where can i get it? can i install it by my own? how 2 install? life span?

yeah...put 2 for one spring...more stiffer...:proud:
tanz bro!

does it reali work?

can i juz install it at rear absorber only w/o install at front absorber? balance?

after installed could it increase my car height instead of stiffness?

Bump: da rim n tyre...

Bump: photo of da rim n tyre...

ketuk mudguard is yr last resolve, coz maybe the offset is not rite for yr rear wheel....

rare size tire bro.....but its also a simple solution, no need ketuk2...

maxpain

Jan 7, 2009
the ride high is still balanced, the rubber damper make ur springs more stiffer...
after saw ur car pic, i've wonder...how come that kind of high still can "sangkut"?:hmmmm:

kaYcee

Oct 30, 2008
ketuk mudguard is yr last resolve, coz maybe the offset is not rite for yr rear wheel....
true bro... but ketuk ketuk require respray... :rolleyes:

Bump: rear view photo!

Bump: i had cut off upper section of da rear arch banana cover but stil sangkut tyre.
as visual chking suspect dat kena body/mudguard!
haiz!

the ride high is still balanced, the rubber damper make ur springs more stiffer...
after saw ur car pic, i've wonder...how come that kind of high still can "sangkut"?:hmmmm:
ya bro! standard suspension quite soft, when tyre changed 2 bigger saiz it could sangkut tyre.
mayb 205/40R17 is best suit 4 persona.

rare size tire bro.....but its also a simple solution, no need ketuk2...
ya bro! u mean change 2 smaller size? 215/40R17? its special size right?

yeah very rare size

maxpain

Jan 7, 2009
better go to 205/40 laa...one more thing to asked u...got pick up when ur fit ur persona with 17"? ur persona is AT ot MT?

kaYcee

Oct 30, 2008
better go to 205/40 laa...one more thing to asked u...got pick up when ur fit ur persona with 17"? ur persona is AT ot MT?
mine persona is MT. b4 tis i was usin 15" alloy wit conti tyre, when pick up, 1st n 2nd gear would spun, now 17" solved da prob.

attach herewith da photo of previous 15" rim.

maxpain

Jan 7, 2009
oo ic...but got pick up or not comparing with 15"? i driving gen2 cps and thinking of swapping with 17" but i'm worried of loosing pick up if i'm driving to genting. have u try genting?

wirajadian

Jan 22, 2007
i`ve drive my wife gen2`s wif oem specs...no pick up at all....so lembap at low rpm....do you have any suggestion how to increase the pick-up...???

*btw my friend change to eibach sport spring....it`s stiffer then to OEM....

I have two questions. I love the after effects of claying especially when combined with optiseal.

Can you overclay a car? I spray ONR on the surface and clay it. The question is the frequency: I clay my car each time I wash it. Will I thin the paint?

I also clay the glass and this I believe can be done safely since glass is a much harder material. The results of claying glass is simply amazing.

Second question: I also apply Opti Seal on the car. Will claying remove it prematurely...