Myvi OD light blinking

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Did anyone had this OD light blinking on they meter before. It happen to my gf myvi, when the light blinking gear shifting delay or not smooth. But when i off the engine for awhile n start back it gone. So what is the problem i might face and wat is the cost to fix it?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Could be wiring issue. Check the TCU wiring. It MAY NOT be gearbox faulty. That's worst case scenario. Have you ever change the ATF? What's the mileage of the car and service history for ATF

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If those solenoid sensors in the gear box then probably try atf change first. Maybe can try lubegard additive if that don't work. Still don't work need to open gb dy

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
My mom's myvi have faced this issue before, the workshop changed the aircond compressor. Somehow after changing the compressor it's not blinking anymore, I still can't figure out why is it related to the compressor :stupid:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If those solenoid sensors in the gear box then probably try atf change first. Maybe can try lubegard additive if that don't work. Still don't work need to open gb dy
Myvi GB not worth opening, plenty of half cuts available from all the Passo/Boon conversions laying around. They go as cheap as RM500.

Labor for opening far exceeds that.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Myvi GB not worth opening, plenty of half cuts available from all the Passo/Boon conversions laying around. They go as cheap as RM500.

Labor for opening far exceeds that.
totally agreed... my friend told me that Myvi GB now like mountain that is why no need to think of opening it at current since it is cheap thus from Japan...:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
True, true. But halfcut GB cannot be all good. Sometimes there might be lemon oso.....Unless the GB seller say free change of GB until owner happy.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True, true. But halfcut GB cannot be all good. Sometimes there might be lemon oso.....Unless the GB seller say free change of GB until owner happy.
True also, that is why see situation. If Myvi from new and well kept may be worth repair, if not just plonk in half cut one.....

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
My mom's myvi have faced this issue before, the workshop changed the aircond compressor. Somehow after changing the compressor it's not blinking anymore, I still can't figure out why is it related to the compressor :stupid:
but is ur mom car when changing gear also got problem? but once restart the engine it back to normal.

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
i send to workshop they use the computer the scan n it said solenoid sensors faulty. how much do u think it cost?

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
Yes, the gear won't upshift until i restart the engine :hmmmm:
oh then i think my aircond compresser got problem also... coz heard loud sound from it. so i might change tat 1st. then only see how

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
apparently myvi lagi best 1.5L has a bigger compressor. i just changed the ENTIRE air con system on a 10 y/o myvi to the lagi best one. RM2k+

Now its as good as new.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Only reason I can think off is when changing the compressor might have touch gb wiring which made the connection better....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At about 4.00am this morning, I was awakened by my alarm sounding. Icon on my radiostar showed a break-in. I peeked outside and there it was, a GTi right beside my car, outside my parents house in Kelana Jaya. He looked at me before speeding off. I went outside to investigate. He left a still burning cigarette on the ground.

I could not disable the blaring alarm. Captor called several times and I returned call to report the attempt.

The passenger side door assembly was broken and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience