Leona Chin grabs 2nd place in Race 7&8 at the Renault Clio Cup China Series

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com

Malaysia’s Leona Chin solidified her title as Asia’s top female racer by scoring another double 2<sup>nd</sup> place finishes at the Renault Clio Cup China Series in Shanghai. This was her fourth consecutive podium wins in the series after Zhuhai (China), Seoul (Korea) and Buriram (Thailand) previously.

Also known as ‘The Girl Drifter’, Leona started in 2<sup>nd</sup> place on the grid in both races. After the lights turned green, she was quickest off the line and overtook championship leader Kenneth Lim in the first lap. She tried pulling a gap between her lead but eventually had to renounce it back to Lim in a tense chase.

Escaping the scare of running off-track at least once, she maintained her pace to cross the line as the first runner-up behind winner Lim, twice in both Race 7 and Race 8.

During the post-race interview regarding her chances of winning first spot, Leona said, “Kenneth is a senior competitor who is at the top of his game and I respect him very much. I am happy with my performance today but know for sure I can still improve, and am looking forward to the next race.”

The next race will take place at the Chengdu International Circuit before the final race of the season which will be held at the Zhejiang Circuit on Oct 22-23.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience