Speed Trap Detector

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Hey Guys,

I'm sure most of you heard of a gizmo called the "Speed Trap Detector", haven't you?

From what I understand, there are generally 2 kinds, Radar or Laser. It's mostly just connected to the ciggarette lighter socket.

My questions are:

1) Speed Traps in malaysia, are they Radar type or Laser type?

2) How legal is it to own one of these detectors? and is there a penalty for owning them?

3) Which brand / manufacture would you recommend, and whereabouts to install it?

Thanks.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Speed trap detector is illegal at Malaysia..
No need to find at here accept u find those people from China, they might have it...
Good Luck..:marchmellow:

kelv!n

Known Member
Jul 28, 2006
my fren wan it is not powered by ciggaratte light socket at all and is like a pda size oly with a radar wan and something like dat la..

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Hey Guys,

I'm sure most of you heard of a gizmo called the "Speed Trap Detector", haven't you?

From what I understand, there are generally 2 kinds, Radar or Laser. It's mostly just connected to the ciggarette lighter socket.

My questions are:

2) How legal is it to own one of these detectors? and is there a penalty for owning them?

3) Which brand / manufacture would you recommend, and whereabouts to install it?

Thanks.

Answer
1) some place use Radar type some highway use laser...
- u can spot them under the bridge...
- future type is highway camera...currently use for traffic...later speed trap..camera
- this future type just need to upgrade the software...as currently use in UK.

2) it illegal
-penalty ...maybe jail.

3)brand there is so many ...try not to buy the cheap one...

all the best ....

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
My questions are:

Thanks.
1. mixture of both
2. illegal
3. no idea.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Anybody can help ask policeman what's the penalty? :)

Hope for the best..... but ALWAYS plan for the worst!

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
no need waste $$ buy this gadget later it not working you sure upsad.

Wanna drive fast just pay Rm150 goto SIC tekan kao kao..safe and steady there..road also nice hehehe

Don't piss off as me yo

Ps : Like lasttime ppl said use Nokia phone put Close User Group to "0000" can detect police speed trap...mana boleh la...

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
It's not want to drive past.

Try commuting 1.5 hours everyday on the way to work, 10-12 hours of exhausting labour, and 1.5 hours back from work.

Even saving 15-20 minutes is a blessing in that sense.

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
tests done on this unit in uk shows that the police also need to be at strategic places for the speed trap to be effective and efficient. unlike malaysian police they just 'pacak' whereever they want, but especially under the bridge on highway.

for radar type, this device is very good, can sense at an ample range for you to slow down and be an 'angel' on the road. the american advertise these a lot on their car magazines. this detector works by sensing the frequency used by the speed trap radar, hence sometimes you may get false alarm, due to so many frequency in an area.

for laser type, this one is the most diffucult to sense, coz lazer ride on a narrow beam and the beam can be pointed on any part of the vehicle. if i'm not wrong, those police are trained to point to several strategic points on your ride to get a good reading.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
harpoon,

thanks for the shedding light on the matter.

now, the question is ..... WHERE CAN I GET ONE???!!!! :)

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
I got the link, but not the details. (no details furnished)

I'm looking for top range, to detect radar and laser types.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Ps : Like lasttime ppl said use Nokia phone put Close User Group to "0000" can detect police speed trap...mana boleh la...
Did you tell those people who talked about that nokia feature, that if they create a caller group called IMASTPDFARK, the Nokia phone will automatically input their FULL NAME, IC NUMBER and HAND PHONE number into that group?
hehehe You should tell them that next time. Apparently, it's a "bug" found in nokia phones.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car have bad/worn valve seal problem..(Q1)how much does cost to change the valve seal(cost of oem valve seal+upah pasang) ..i have another head with bad/worn valve but other than that its fine..(Q2)so can use back the valve seal from my previous head to my current head? (Q3)can we do dyno tune if we have bad valve seal coz my car need dyno tuning?

engine is evo 1 , head is evo 3..thanks in advance..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience